Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking for views on working for Aramco

1,305 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by HollywoodBQ
Dark_Knight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like I have a potential offer from Saudi Geophysical to work for Aramco.

Just curious if anyone has gone over there to work and what your experience was like. I have a ton of questions.
AgLA06
AG
Find the "Houston we have a problem" thread on the Houston board and post there.

I have no personal experience, but I've heard good things as long as you understand the tax details, trips home, living conditions, limitations on daily life, etc.

Also keep in mind a lot of that world is openly boycotting and not happy with anything "western" with the Gaza / Israel war. I had a buddy spend a couple weeks in Oman last month and while it wasn't scary, any restaurants / western stores were ghost towns.
HollywoodBQ
AG
This has definitely been discussed. I think there might be a thread on the Across the Globe board.

I grew up in the Kingdom and just attended a school reunion last month.

Things have changed tremendously since my day. Things are so much more open and free, it's ridiculous compared to the pioneer days.

Do you have school age children?
Would you be living in - Abqaiq, Dhahran, Udaliyah, or Ras Tanura?

You can reach out to the Aramco Brats, they might have some current insight into family life.
https://www.aramco-brats.com/
HollywoodBQ
AG
After my first post, I remembered that a childhood friend is a helicopter pilot for Aramco and lives in DH. He's 1/2 Saudi (mother is from NY) so his situation would be slightly different. Anyway, would love to help you out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.