Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking for residential construction positions - Houston Area

668 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by AGGIECT99
TRL-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy y'all,

I have been in the construction industry for a little over eleven years and around it my whole life. I started working for a stucco and EIFS subcontractor that specialized in commercial work. There, my largest job was bidding and supervising our crews on the resurfacing of halls C & D at the Dallas Convention Center, as well as re-finishing the exterior and interior stucco work of an Embassy Suites from a Spanish style to a modern finish.

I moved back to Houston and tried my hand in sales. There was a market contraction and I moved on to do what I had wanted to do for years, building homes. My first opportunity was with Camillo Properties (now called Simply Home); there I built 2-plex, 3-plex, 4-plex and duplex homes I carried as many as 63 units. I moved over to the Legend Homes side where I built in Towne Lake. I made it through three rounds of layoffs, but not through the fourth. After my time with Camillo Companies I found an opportunity with Meritage Homes. There I worked built out Stillwater Cove, moved over to Katy Pointe, and at my high carry point I had 33 homes in Aliana. I tried going out on my own with my father where I ran everything outside of signing checks. At Kingston we built a few custom build on your lot homes, barndominiums, and an African Trophy Room. A recruiter called me with an opportunity with Shea Homes and I was getting married. The stability of a steady paycheck and insurance was too strong of a draw and I began building for them in Meridiana then moved over to Sunterra. Due to lack of sales nationwide there was a layoff of 15% of all Shea Companies. Unfortunately, I was part of the 15%, and have been looking for a new home since the end of January.

I tried my hand at commercial construction since July of 2023, but it's not the best situation. They aren't paying subcontractors which is making getting anything done next to impossible.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
AGGIECT99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PM, we are looking for a commercial contractor salesman to grow our commercial electrical product lines we represent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.