Job Network
Sponsored by

Resume Question - Education

930 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by AJ02
zip04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Currently I list my education as follows:

Education

Master of Arts in Christian Leadership Studies | Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary, Lynchburg, VA, 2012
Master of Science in Human Systems Integration | Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA, 2010
Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Leadership & Development | Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, 2004

Certifications

TS, SCI Clearance
Navy Instructor | 2017
Systems Engineering | 2010
MN3331 Principles of Acquisition & Program Management | 2009

The question I have for this board is whether I should remove the M.A. in Christian Leadership Studies or not. The reason I ask this question is because from what I have seen of a resume run through ATS, it only lists the most current degree, which won't be the most fitting degree for the jobs I will likely be applying for.

I am in the process of completing my PMP certification and will be applying for Project/Program Management jobs, which my HSI degree is a much better fit.

JamesPShelley
Education

Master of Science in Human Systems Integration | Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA, 2010
Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Leadership & Development | Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, 2004

Ancillary Education

Master of Arts in Christian Leadership Studies | Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary, Lynchburg, VA, 2012
OldArmy97
AG
I would leave it because you never know who is interviewing you plus it gives you something else to talk about from an experience standpoint. Additionally, it demonstrates you are continuing your education too!

Suggestion: flip the order of your degrees starting with earliest to latest - move BS first, then MS, then MA and get rid of cities and month of graduation year but keep graduation year.
Petrino1
zip04 said:

Currently I list my education as follows:

Education

Certifications

TS, SCI Clearance
Navy Instructor | 2017
Systems Engineering | 2010
MN3331 Principles of Acquisition & Program Management | 2009

The question I have for this board is whether I should remove the M.A. in Christian Leadership Studies or not. The reason I ask this question is because from what I have seen of a resume run through ATS, it only lists the most current degree, which won't be the most fitting degree for the jobs I will likely be applying for.

I am in the process of completing my PMP certification and will be applying for Project/Program Management jobs, which my HSI degree is a much better fit.

I would personally take it out. You never know who might hold it against you, and I assume its not relevant to your career. I would also remove the graduation dates.
infinity ag
I am just curious, if you want to get into tech, then why do a degree in religion? It costs money and time and effort and you can learn it through other sources like Youtube.
zip04
AG
I only spent about $1000 out of pocket getting that degree and I was thinking about lateral transferring to the Chaplain Corps at the time (I ended up staying Surface Warfare, which is why I didn't continue for the MDiv).
AJ02
AG
My husband is getting ready to go to seminary, and he's in sales (PVF) and plans to stay in sales. But our church is giving him a scholarship for seminary school. He's not doing it in any way to further his career, but rather a sort of "second calling" to be able to work at our church where needed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.