Job Network
Sponsored by

Railroad Commission

1,457 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by JD Shellnut
JD Shellnut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I posted about this topic on the o&g thread on the business board awhile back, but figured I would try here too. I applied for a pipeline safety inspector position, and have had an initial screening phone interview already. Just waiting to see if I make the second cut for the in person interview. Does anyone have any insight, advice, or experience with the agency? Feel free to dm me. Thanks in advance!
12thMan9
AG
What are the qualifications? I'm looking for a job.
Ronnie '88
JD Shellnut
AG
Engineer or science related degree and at least four years of relevant experience.
Maverick06
AG
I'm good friends with one of the commissioners. Probably a little too high in the chain to put in a good word.

Advice? I work with RRC often. My biggest complaint (and I've voiced this to commissioner friend) is the lack of O&G knowledge from the inspectors. They can't tell the difference between a reserve pit and a makeup pit. It's not hard. Figure out who the "bad" operators are and enforce accordingly. Leverage relationships with your good operators and learn the business. If you play it right, you'll leverage yourself into a job with an operator make 2-3x what you'll make as an inspector. But only if you take the time to learn what you're inspecting.
JD Shellnut
AG
I'd be in region 3 (east texas). Hopefully I will make it to the second round of interviews, but it's been a little while now, so I'm not feeling confident. But thank you for response and input.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.