Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking to get back to Texas...

4,877 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ThunderFighter06
ThunderFighter06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After 10 years in the military and 6+ years now as a defense contractor out of state, I'm interested in getting my family back to Texas to get closer to our family and friends. My background is satellite operations and systems engineering but I have recently broadened my skills to include contract proposals and account management. I'm looking to get into program management and willing to change career fields altogether. Willing to move anywhere in the Texas Triangle but would prefer the Houston area.

Honestly just made this post looking for any advice or information I can get. Very early in the thought process so I'll take any and all advice and criticism! I'll be pretty bust this week but will check in as much as I can. Willing to provide more info and resume as well. Just let me know. Thanks and gig 'em in advance!
Irish 2.0
Not in the industry, but these two immediately come to mind.

Lockheed Martin - Dallas
Boeing - Houston
Blue Origin - W. Texas

Good luck.
ThunderFighter06
AG
Thanks! Interestingly enough, I'm currently employed by Boeing. Need to do more research on what's in the Houston area. The only thing I know for sure is that there is a large amount of ISS work...
10andBOUNCE
AG
There are a few reqs posted located in Houston that I see on our job boards. Mix of hybrid and remote. These are in the Collins Aerospace group under Raytheon Technologies.

Subcontracts PM
Electrical Systems Engineer
Test Engineering Lead
Project Engineer
Spacesuit Avionics IPT
Spacesuit Lead Systems Engineer

Welcome to email me at username at gmail for any more specific questions. I can try to figure out the referral process as well.

ThunderFighter06
AG
Good stuff. Thank you! Will do some research and let you know!
AgLA06
AG
10andBOUNCE
AG
Username at gmail
AgLA06
AG
ThunderFighter06
AG
Email sent!
ThunderFighter06
AG
Signed up for the Career Services Webinar next month. Any other networking options that anyone else would recommend? I'm finally catching my breath and revisiting this topic!
akaggie05
AG
Raytheon - Dallas / Richardson / Mckinney
L3Harris - Plano / Greenville / Waco
Lockheed Martin - Fort Worth / Grand Prairie
Elbit - Fort Worth
Oh Four Five
AG
Email me. Might have a need for a telecom engineer with satellite experience in Houston.
ThunderFighter06
AG
Email sent!
ThunderFighter06
AG
Revisiting this post again. Forgot to mention in the OP that I also have an active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility. Just realized I didn't include that!
ThunderFighter06
AG
Been a hectic summer but I'm ready start the search again! Any takers? Leads? Let me know! Thanks!
ThunderFighter06
AG
Me again! I mentioned in the OP that I'm willing to change career fields and at this point open to anything. Hell I'm not above stocking shelves or waiting tables as long as I can support my family! Random question. Anyone in the railroad industry? What kind of opportunities are there? I know Union Pacific and BNSF run through Texas. just spitballing here. Let me know! Thanks!
medag13
Go take a look at clearancejobs.com if you haven't already.
ThunderFighter06
AG
Actually haven't been on that site in years. Will check it out! Thanks for the reminder!
ThunderFighter06
AG
I'm officially on the hunt and actively applying! Also looking at trying to transfer within my company to the Houston Area. Richardson keeps showing up as option as well but ultimately am preferring Houston if it comes to that. Still interested in program or operations management. Will continue to post updates and check back to see if anyone has any leads or advice!
ThunderFighter06
AG
Applied for 14 jobs. Heard back from four recruiters but have since been ghosted by all but one. Still looking and staying positive! Will continue to check in from time to time!
ccmbball
AG
You have a TS clearance? I recently made the jump from IC to Lockheed, and we're looking for cleared individuals. If you're interested in the DFW area, send me your resume, and I'd be happy to take a look. Email is username @yahoo.com
ThunderFighter06
AG
Yes I do have a TS and will email you shortly. Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.