Mays denial... now what?

2,209 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BoDog
BoDog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those of you with kiddos that are hell bent on becoming an Aggie, but did not get into Mays, what are some of the more popular majors to fall back on?

I remember someone several months ago saying there was a major in the School of Ag that was business focused and had a very high job placement rate...?
Another Doug
AG
Agribusiness
https://agecon.tamu.edu/b-s-agribusiness/

Economics
https://liberalarts.tamu.edu/economics/
tamufan
AggieSurveys - Reports (tamu.edu)

You might look at surveys for Ag Bus, for Econ, and for Mays undergrad degrees. These are for graduating students so these are entry level salaries for these students.

You can also look at information on who hired students in the various degree programs. Company name and job title, again for graduating students.
BoDog
AG
tamufan, thank you for posting these links. This is awesome info!
AgGrad99
AG
tamufan said:

AggieSurveys - Reports (tamu.edu)

You might look at surveys for Ag Bus, for Econ, and for Mays undergrad degrees. These are for graduating students so these are entry level salaries for these students.

You can also look at information on who hired students in the various degree programs. Company name and job title, again for graduating students.

Thank you for that link. Super cool to see since my son is in that college.
JustPanda
AG
Just a heads up, my company and many others won't hire outside of a true business degree.
BoDog
AG
Whay company and/or industry? Feel free to pm me if you wish....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.