Sounds like Greg Abbott and the administration will butt heads

3,874 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by aggie67,74&76
MaysGrad09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I expect we'll see some turnover at the top while Abbott implements his polices. It's about time A&M lowered the acceptance percentage, the enrollment and class sizes. It got out of control under Perry and his appointed regents.

quote:
Finally as much as Texas rightfully brags that we're better than California, there is one area where California ranks above Texas. Four of the top ten ranked public universities are in California. None are in Texas. That must change. We have the resources, the business partners and the people to elevate higher education in Texas to the best in the nation. We just need commitment. I'll make that commitment.

The flagship universities at UT and Texas A&M should be two of the top three public universities in the country. The University of Houston, Texas Tech and UT-Dallas should join their ranks as top tier public universities. Texas State University, The University of North Texas, plus UTSA, UT-Arlington and UT-El Paso all are emerging research universities poised for greatness.

I will work with all of them to recruit the best talent, to develop partnerships with the private sector and to elevate their national research standing.
http://www.texasblueprint.com/2014/09/greg-abbott-unveils-higher-education-plan/
capital markets
AG
Great news!
Kate Beckett
Clever&FunnyAg
AG
wow. I didn't vote for him, but i'm actually very encouraged reading that. Hopefully he follows through.
double b
AG
That is great news indeed! I wonder what that means for TAMU's Engineering 25 x 25 initiative?
Kate Beckett
AG
quote:
That is great news indeed! I wonder what that means for TAMU's Engineering 25 x 25 initiative?
I am wondering this as well. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
aggie67,74&76
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.