Why the West will refuse to fight

4,133 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by El Gallo Blanco
erudite
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BassCowboy33 said:

Crocker91 said:

"Thus, we find ourselves in a situation that has much in the way of historical precedent: an insulated, out-of-touch ruling class protected from the ill effects of its own policies, and a general population that is sullenly withdrawing from public service and both mentally and physically "checking out"."

Fascinating read. Why the West will refuse to fight: citizens won't sacrifice themselves. What say you, TexAgs analysts?
People tend to oppose a cause that "doesn't affect them" until it kicks their door in. Part of it is having two oceans, and part of it was the inability to understand just how power-hungry the Reich was.
Napoleon were turned back after Maloyaroslavets in 1812.
The Soviets on the Vistula in 1920.

Let Europe solve their own issues since they've done it themselves before without American intervention.
Faustus
Quote:

. . . The deficit is massive, the national debt is exploding, and underneath it all lies the underreported but truly eye-watering figure of $175 billion, which is what the US Treasury projects it will need to actually fund its social safety net. . . .
That's not even eye-watering for Sweden where this guy is err, based, which upon edit is a funny double entendre.

https://www.oecd.org/gov/gov-at-a-glance-2021-sweden.pdf

Sweden spends 19% of GDP on social protection and just under 30% of its population is employed by the government.

https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper/profile/SWE

Sweden GDP $623.05 billion.

https://www.calculator.net/

Over $118 billion a year on social protection. The US economy is more than 35 times larger than Sweden''s (using a conservative $22 Trillion figure) and Sweden ceded control of its currency to Europe.

Pretty purple prose in the piece though. I'm not sue whether to go with the end is nigh or Texit here.
ApolloAg
The "leave me alone" mentality is a cowardly, loser mentality. Guess what? Conservative nerds aren't going to be left alone, they're going to get their lunch money stolen and stuffed into a locker. Running for the hills with muh guns, fantasizing about getting revenge on your bullies, like a demented school shooter. So pathetic.
Urban Ag
AG
ApolloAg said:

The "leave me alone" mentality is a cowardly, loser mentality. Guess what? Conservative nerds aren't going to be left alone, they're going to get their lunch money stolen and stuffed into a locker. Running for the hills with muh guns, fantasizing about getting revenge on your bullies, like a demented school shooter. So pathetic.
You took all of that from a post that basically said he's lost faith in the country (most have) and just wants to live out a peaceful existence without being f'd with?

LOL, I guess.

BoDog
AG
Urban Ag said:

ApolloAg said:

You took all of that from a post that basically said he's lost faith in the country (most have) and just wants to live out a peaceful existence without being f'd with?

LOL, I guess.

Actually I think he is pretty spot on. I am not bugging out to some farm in the middle of nowhere. If the **** really hits the fan you dont think the party will eventually come to your doorstep? Guess what? It will!

For me, I will ride it out in my suburban home. If you are prepared atleast you will go out in a blaze of glory.
No Spin Ag
Tarponfly said:

I'm checked out. The GOP is now a flaming dumpster fire, the population of the country is more divided than at any time in our history, save for the 1860's and early 1970s. We have two absolutely abysmal presidential candidates and the country continues to spend money like a drunk hooker while gaslighting the nation on television about how fabulous the economy actually is...

Yep. Checked out.
I've been in the same boat as you for quite some time.

I have seen now why half of the population, maybe more, don't ever think about politics until it's election time. They, like you, me, and others now, realize it's pointless and changes nothing.

For me, to get worked up about politics isn't worth it. Life's too short and precious to fill it with worry or rage all the time.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
schmellba99
AG
ApolloAg said:

You can't read for sht.

Go back to playing your xbox or whatever and being the Billybob Badass you think you are.

HTMFH. Toodles.
samurai_science
El Gallo Blanco said:

Did the Amish and Mennonites have it right this whole time? Statistically they also seem to be happier and have much lower rates of depression, obesity, and many other mental and physical ailments.

Wonder what type of guns they are allowed to own though? If they can't have modern arms and ammunition, I guess there's not much they can do in the event of a real collapse or SHTF scenario. If there is a technology exception for firearms, might be smart to get clicked up with the Amish if you can. I can't do a fraction of the handy work they do, but I can offer myself and my guns as additional protection.
Almost no Autism as well.
El Gallo Blanco
ApolloAg said:

LOL...I guarantee most of these conservatives could take your lunch money with stunning ease and there is nothing you could do about it.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
ApolloAg said:

Seek help immediately.

Good grief.
El Gallo Blanco
BoDog said:

Urban Ag said:

ApolloAg said:

LOL, I guess.

Actually I think he is pretty spot on. I am not bugging out to some farm in the middle of nowhere. If the **** really hits the fan you dont think the party will eventually come to your doorstep? Guess what? It will!

For me, I will ride it out in my suburban home. If you are prepared atleast you will go out in a blaze of glory.
F that...even the nicer suburbs in Houston are just a few miles away from violent ghettos filled with democrats. Thousand of democrat hoodlums from Greenspoint could descend upon The Woodlands within half an hour and have their way in a true hypothetical SHTF scenario. I am in the NW burbs, and yes, it is safer than the actual metro in general, but that all changes if the SHTF. The only people who will be truly insulated, or who at least stand a much better shot, will be those who are truly rural and banded together.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

ApolloAg said:

LOL...I guarantee most of these conservatives could take your lunch money with stunning ease and there is nothing you could do about it.

There's a reason progressives like him are referred to as soy boys. Big mouth and that's it.
El Gallo Blanco
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

ApolloAg said:

There's a reason progressives like him are referred to as soy boys. Big mouth and that's it.
Yep, only online. In reality, I could have just about any anonymous sh** talking liberal troll on a leash and scooping up my dog's poop with their big mouth and saying "yes sir" within minutes. They are nothing. They're certainly not men.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.