tres dias retreats

1,901 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by buda91
Prexys Moon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anybody familiar with Tres Dias retreats? Our bible church has quite a few people going over the last few years, and they come back really transformed. some of the detractors say it's catholic, but the speakers at the area one we have people go to has 2 baptists and a nondenom pastor as the main teaches.
WolfCall
AG

https://www.tresdias.org/about/
Quote:

Tres Dias is another of those tools. It's a commitment to take a short break from the business of life to spend three days seeking God and listening to His voice in your heart. Tres Dias is a gift you give yourself….your own personal appointment with your Lord and Savior. And for thousands who've gone before you, it's made a life-altering difference in the quality and depth of their spiritual walk.

What Happens at a Tres Dias?
Tres Dias weekends begin on a Thursday evening and conclude on Sunday late afternoon. For three days, you'll join other participants, along with a team of servant leaders, to step away from the distractions of the world and into the Lord's Holy presence.

Each weekend is bathed in prayer and relies on the Holy Spirit for leadership and guidance. Set apart for God, you'll live, learn, pray and worship in community, while God speaks to you individually. Men and women attend separate weekends.

Each day, you'll hear a series of instructional and inspirational talks that reveal how God has touched the speaker's life in a deeply personal way. You'll learn from their insights, struggles and triumphs as you reflect on your own faith journey. In small group discussions, key points from the talks will open your heart to the reality of God's grace in your life.

American Hardwood
AG
Sounds like many other ecumenical retreats. When you mix Protestants and Catholics together in a unified manner, you probably will get a little mixing of perspectives, so that might be why you hear some people say it has Catholic influences.

I am not familiar with this retreat in particular, but if it is truly ecumenical and properly bas ed on scripture, it is probably a good thing. Protestants and Catholics should spend more time being united, we have much much bigger fish to fry than arguing amongst ourselves.
Fido2K
I have gone to a local one here in Brazos valley and was skeptical at first because of what you read. I go a a Baptist church and my mother in law recommended it after she went to one. It was a good renewing of the faith for me and they do some "surprises" that would have less of a meaning if you knew it was coming. After describing it to my dad he said it was like his "Walk to Emmaus". It was good.
doubledog
Prexys Moon said:

anybody familiar with Tres Dias retreats? Our bible church has quite a few people going over the last few years, and they come back really transformed. some of the detractors say it's catholic, but the speakers at the area one we have people go to has 2 baptists and a nondenom pastor as the main teaches.
I do not know if any Roman Catholic Bishop has approved the retreats.
And I think the word you are looking for is "papish".
Bob Lee
AG
If the main teachers are protestant, how can it be Catholic?
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Bob Lee said:

This seems like a cheap knock off of Catholic ACTS retreats.

Which everyone should do at some point. Acts or this. Sounds good for the soul.
Jeeper79
AG
American Hardwood said:

Sounds like many other ecumenical retreats. When you mix Protestants and Catholics together in a unified manner, you probably will get a little mixing of perspectives, so that might be why you hear some people say it has Catholic influences.

I am not familiar with this retreat in particular, but if it is truly ecumenical and properly bas ed on scripture, it is probably a good thing. Protestants and Catholics should spend more time being united, we have much much bigger fish to fry than arguing amongst ourselves.
Catholics don't complain about Protestants the way (some) Protestants complain about Catholics.
TexAgs91
AG
Prexys Moon said:

IDK

Might want to try R&P
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Prexys Moon
AG
Bob Lee said:

my thoughts as well. a few people in our church are upset , insisting the whole thing is catholic.

Prexys Moon
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Prexys Moon said:

IDK

Might want to try R&P
ok I'm an idiot. I thought I was posting on R and P. thanks for the feedback anyway. I'll take it over there.
American Hardwood
AG
I'm on a Journey to Damascus team right now well mixed with Catholics and Protestants. Everyone can get along just fine when you stick to the 95% of common belief we share.
JFABNRGR
AG
The one I went to was incredibly moving. Holy Spirit was ever present and I would say NOT catholic.
buda91
AG
American Hardwood said:

Also, we could have much bigger fish fries!!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.