I will never buy an electric powered vehicle.

298,294 Views | 5448 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by GAC06
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zero doubt they have a ton of 'influence' within the US Environmental Protection Agency.
ShinerAggie
AG
The Used EV Timebomb

Quote:

Our investigation found that many EVs could become almost impossible to resell because of their limited battery life.

Experts said that the average EV battery guarantee lasts just eight years. After this time, the battery may lose power more quickly and so reduce mileage between charges.
________________________________________________________ "Citizens are deceived en masse but enlightened one at a time."
techno-ag
AG
ShinerAggie said:

The Used EV Timebomb

Quote:

Our investigation found that many EVs could become almost impossible to resell because of their limited battery life.

Experts said that the average EV battery guarantee lasts just eight years. After this time, the battery may lose power more quickly and so reduce mileage between charges.

Those things will last 25 years, half a million miles. Nothing to worry about.

/resident EV pumpers
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
MaxPower
ShinerAggie said:

The Used EV Timebomb

Quote:

Why do people worry so much about an EV battery warranty but not the warranty on their engine, transmission, etc? The battery doesn't just turn into dust 8 years and 1 days after you purchase it.
techno-ag
AG
MaxPower said:

ShinerAggie said:

The Used EV Timebomb

Quote:

Why do people worry so much about an EV battery warranty but not the warranty on their engine, transmission, etc? The battery doesn't just turn into dust 8 years and 1 days after you purchase it.
Maybe because they're so darn expensive.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
agent-maroon
AG
Maybe because you can repair an engine or transmission, but you pretty much have to replace a battery when it fails?

Assuming you even have the option of replacing it, of course
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Medaggie
Why do people care so much how others spend their money? If they want to waste their money, then let them. If the battery dies after 100K miles and they have to spend 40K for a new battery, let them.

Why do you care so much what people buy or do with their money. I worked hard for my money so not sure why some would care so much as to tell me that I made a mistake.

I bought a 80K boat, worse investment money pit I ever made. But I like it even if I only use it 5-10 hrs a year. Is there a thread on why you will never buy a boat?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I bought a 80K boat, worse investment money pit I ever made. But I like it even if I only use it 5-10 hrs a year. Is there a thread on why you will never buy a boat?
Try the outdoors board. A lot of posts about never doing X again when it comes to buying expensive items for no reason other than some type of male pride.
coolerguy12
AG
Is the government trying to force everyone to buy boats by hamstringing the non-boat industry every chance they get?
techno-ag
AG
coolerguy12 said:

Is the government trying to force everyone to buy boats by hamstringing the non-boat industry every chance they get?
Excellent point. EV fans are so blinded by optimism, they simply can't understand why everybody doesn't want one.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
MaxPower
If the government did hamstring the non-boat industry would you refuse to buy a boat just to stick it to the government? You can disagree with what the government does and still like the product. I think most of the regulations they're doing on ICE vehicles are stupid.
coolerguy12
AG
It depends, can my government mandated boat get me and my family and my 5,000# travel trailer to Arkansas or Colorado, then come home and hook up to my 20' trailer with a 5,500# tractor on it and pull it to my buddy's church camp to help him with some dirt work and building burn piles? When we're done with that we might go get a few pallets of concrete to pour a few slabs in my barn, might need 5 minutes at the gas station to get ready for that trip.

But to answer your question bluntly, Yes, generally if the government is trying to coerce me to do something my knee jerk reaction is to do the opposite. It's worked well for me so far.

EV's have a place, I'm sure they are fun to drive (although lately the latest rage is people bragging about how they don't have to drive them). Those of us that don't have room in our family budget for an extra $40,000 car are going to stick with the vehicle that checks all the boxes we need checked for the life we want to live.
aggieforester05
AG
MaxPower said:

If the government did hamstring the non-boat industry would you refuse to buy a boat just to stick it to the government? You can disagree with what the government does and still like the product. I think most of the regulations they're doing on ICE vehicles are stupid.
I don't care if people buy EVs and if there is a market they should be available like anything else. On the other hand if I want to buy a Hellcat Challenger and Stellantis is willing to sell me one, that should be allowed without Stellantis being fined into a losing position.

Most EV proponents have no problem with the latter and simply can't understand why someone would rather have an ICE vehicle, so they're fine with the regulations. Most of them are also climate cultists that truly believe buying an EV is going to have an impact on global temperature. Leftwing propaganda and weak minded liberals are eliminating the vehicle choices that most Americans desire in place of vehicles with range limitations, worse depreciation, and their own slew of environmental issues. Of course the real motivations are enriching Democrat donors and empowering government regulators. I'm not saying that's the case with the EV proponents in this thread, but it's what I've observed from discussion outside of Texags.
Ag with kids
AG
Medaggie said:

Why do people care so much how others spend their money? If they want to waste their money, then let them. If the battery dies after 100K miles and they have to spend 40K for a new battery, let them.

Why do you care so much what people buy or do with their money. I worked hard for my money so not sure why some would care so much as to tell me that I made a mistake.

Is there a government somewhere that is working to mandate that people buy a boat?

BTW, you didn't follow the 3F rule: If it flies, floats, or ****s, it's cheaper to rent it.
oh no
AG
Ag with kids said:

the 3F rule: If it flies, floats, or ****s, it's cheaper to rent it.
if there's an EV that does all three of those, I'm buying one
tk for tu juan
The Aptera looks like a wingless experimental aircraft if that counts.
FIDO*98*
AG
Wife brought our family into the EV club today with a dual motor Model 3. This car is pretty bad ass and hard to not love it.. I doubt there's anything more fun to drive at this price point. I do my part to offset her lack of emissions by driving a lifted Ram that gets 14mpg

Teslag
AG
Welcome to the club. We also have a Tesla plus a diesel truck. Torque is fun isn't it?

Until you own a Tesla and really drive one it's hard to know just how much fun they are to drive and own.
hph6203
AG
New Model 3 is the best built for the money vehicle Tesla makes. Waiting for the refreshed Model Y likely coming late this year/early next, and hoping it matches/surpasses the Model 3.

300 miles is about to become the floor range for EVs. More energy dense LFP and LMFP batteries going into vehicles over the next year.

FIDO*98*
AG
Teslag said:

Welcome to the club. We also have a Tesla plus a diesel truck. Torque is fun isn't it?

Until you own a Tesla and really drive one it's hard to know just how much fun they are to drive and own.

It's impossible to smash the gas pedal and not bring a smile to your face. That said my daily is a TLX Type S and I wouldn't trade it for the Tesla. It brings a smile to my face, a ring to my ears, and a gleam to my eyes. The 2024 Model 3 is a big improvement over the previous generation as far as looks go, but ain't going to compete with this any time soon
GAC06
AG
Quote:

but ain't going to compete with this any time soon

How so? I'm in a similar place looking to replace a Lexus GS-F which is still slower than the model 3
Kansas Kid
GAC06 said:

Quote:

but ain't going to compete with this any time soon

How so? I'm in a similar place looking to replace a Lexus GS-F which is still slower than the model 3

If you want pure 0-60 acceleration, you can't beat the EVs. If you want the roar of a performance sports car engine, get the ICE. Not as fast but you get the sound a lot of us love. If you really want pure acceleration and can afford it, go for the model S with plaid mode and try wiping the grin off your face as you do 0-60 in 2.0 seconds. I wouldn't pay that much for it but I have driven one and it takes your breath away.
FIDO*98*
AG
If I have to tell you why the TLX looks better than the Model 3, you should definitely go with the Tesla. I llike symphony of sounds the Turbo 6 and Exhaust make as well even if it is a bit slower.

The Tesla App and phone controls definitely clobber any ICE vehicle on the market. She won't have to get into a hot car all summer.
GAC06
AG
Ah I missed the "as far as looks go". I'm a few beers deep waiting on a flight
First Page Refresh
Page 156 of 156

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.