Hillary says as a Methodist salvation requires faith and works

2,645 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Win At Life
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TampaBayAg said:

UTExan said:

She is as stupid as XXXX. John Wesley was convinced of salvation by grace through faith after reading Luther's commentary on the book of Romans. She is the left wing version of Mormonism.
Have you ever read Wesley's encounter with the Moravian missionaries in the midst of a storm? It's awesome.
Oh yes.He learned much from Count Zinzendorff and it was with Moravians at Fetter Lane in London in January 1739 that Wesley witnessed the baptism of the Holy Spirit where he describes the very pentecostal experience of people falling to the ground under the unction of the Holy Spirit and praising God (he called it the "second blessing"). This after he had tried to do all the good works possible to please God, and finally understanding that his pietist works would not win his salvation.
94chem
What truth were Adam and Eve, or for that matter the devil, lacking, that allowed them to choose sin?
UTExan
94chem said:

What truth were Adam and Eve, or for that matter the devil, lacking, that allowed them to choose sin?
Without choice, what freedom is there? We live in what appears at our physical level to be a digital universe-- I or O. Positive pole/negative pole.
Zobel
AG
Relevant

If you want to have love, then do the works of love, even if at the beginning you do them without love.
St Ambrose of Optina

Win At Life
AG
Why is the OP surprised. I thought is was well understood that John Wesley was a form of Arminian known as Wesleyan Arminianism.

Wiki Wesleyan Arminiansim

Granted, this is Wiki, but I'd be surprised to hear any specific examples of how any of this is not reasonably accurate.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.