Dating Fossils and Rocks with Circular Reasoning

1,646 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PacifistAg
mark.mathews
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexAgs91
AG
Great thread. Would read again
mark.mathews
I am proud of the 1000 views in 24 hours on the "Creation Science vs. Berkeley" thread. Christians please continue to educate yourselves over special creation vs. uniformitarianism.

You will find special creation has the superior explanation for our universe and that uniformitarianism is based on false logic as you will see in this thread.

Ignore the devoted atheists on these threads. They have bought into the delusion, blinding their eyes to facts and ultimately the truth. Remember we war against spiritual wickedness in high places, not against flesh and blood or cyber bullying.

Peace brethren.

mark.mathews
"Circular reasoning" is a method of false logic, by which "this is used to prove that, and that is used to prove this." It is also called "reasoning in a circle." Over a hundred years ago it was described by the phrase, circulus in probando, which is Latin for "a circle in a proof."

As we will see below, geologists admit that this circular reasoning exists as a fundamental pillar of geological faith. For example, in a 1979 interview with *Dr. Donald Fisher, the state paleontologist for New York, Luther Sunderland, asked him: "How do you date fossils?" His reply: "By the Cambrian rocks in which they were found." Sunderland then asked him if this were not circular reasoning, and *Fisher replied, "Of course, how else are you going to do it?" (Bible Science Newsletter, December 1986, p. 6.)

http://www.pathlights.com/ce_encyclopedia/Encyclopedia/12fos11.htm
Star Wars Memes Only
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC310.html
Sapper Redux
You know how you demonstrate that the fossil record is unreliable? Find a species that is far too advanced for a period in the layers for that time period. We're still waiting.

Paleontology is verified independently of just the strata. Likewise, the relationship of the strata can be verified without index fossils. They are just convenient markers that support one another.
mark.mathews
"The rocks do date the fossils, but the fossils date the rocks more accurately. Stratigraphy cannot avoid this kind of reasoning, if it insists on using only temporal concepts, because circularity is inherent in the derivation of time scales."*J.E. O'Rourke, "Pragmatism vs. Materialism in Stratigraphy," American Journal of Science, January 1976, p. 53.

I personally defer to honest scientists who admit the flaws in their system. Not atheists defending their fundamentally flawed beliefs.

"Given the fact of evolution one would expect the fossils to document a gradual and steady change from the ancestral form to the descendants. But this is not what the paleontologist finds. Instead he or she finds gaps in every phyletic series." -Ernst Mayr, Former Professor Emeritus, Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard, What Evolution Is 2001 p.14

Star Wars Memes Only
That's essentially your OP. You've already had two replies to that very issue. Why are you just restating what you've already said rather than rebutting the responses?
Really???
quote:
That's essentially your OP. You've already had two replies to that very issue. Why are you just restating what you've already said rather than rebutting the responses?

He's never rebutted anything because he doesn't understand these topics. He just regurgitates what he sees from ICR, Answers in Genesis, and Discovery Institute.

I'm still waiting to hear from him what happens you throw a 10^51 sided die.
Star Wars Memes Only
LOL. Ahh, he's that guy. Got it.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
OP you should publish your arguments in PNAS, Science, or Nature. Then you will have become one of the most groundbreaking scientists alive. Let us know when you've gotten your paper through peer review.
mark.mathews
Notice I am the "Lord of the Flies" for these unrepentant atheistic goons. They are the first to post. attack, deny, and post garbage from their atheistic websites talkorigins and rationalwiki.

I post quotes of their own scientists admitting the flaws in their systems and they go berserk! It's beautiful, I know. Thank you.

Atheists I suggest you defer to Pasteur and Borel. They are far more knowledgeable than you, I let them do the talking. You need to accept their conclusions because they were arrived by observable and repeatable scientific testing that disprove the theories you base your belief systems on.

boboguitar
AG
This board needs way more Catholics and far less southern baptists.
Post removed:
by user
Sapper Redux
quote:
"The rocks do date the fossils, but the fossils date the rocks more accurately. Stratigraphy cannot avoid this kind of reasoning, if it insists on using only temporal concepts, because circularity is inherent in the derivation of time scales."*J.E. O'Rourke, "Pragmatism vs. Materialism in Stratigraphy," American Journal of Science, January 1976, p. 53.

I personally defer to honest scientists who admit the flaws in their system. Not atheists defending their fundamentally flawed beliefs.

"Given the fact of evolution one would expect the fossils to document a gradual and steady change from the ancestral form to the descendants. But this is not what the paleontologist finds. Instead he or she finds gaps in every phyletic series." -Ernst Mayr, Former Professor Emeritus, Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard, What Evolution Is 2001 p.14

Have you actually read Mayr? I mean beyond the cherry-picked quote that ignores his point?

Post removed:
by user
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
Hey, what about us Anabaptists?
PacifistAg
AG

quote:
Notice I am the "Lord of the Flies" for these unrepentant atheistic goons. They are the first to post. attack, deny, and post garbage from their atheistic websites talkorigins and rationalwiki.

I post quotes of their own scientists admitting the flaws in their systems and they go berserk! It's beautiful, I know. Thank you.
Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that this is a sock for another poster here that likes to engage in name-calling of atheists and those that disagree with him?
PA24
AG
quote:

quote:

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that this is a sock for another poster here that likes to engage in name-calling of atheists and those that disagree with him?

Guess again
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:
Hey, what about us Anabaptists?
more like anti-Baptists, amirite???
kurt vonnegut
AG
quote:
Ignore the devoted atheists on these threads.

Good point! Why would you want to subject yourself to alternate ideas? You wouldn't want to come up with any questions or conclusions that conflict with your presupposed truths, right?
PacifistAg
AG
Oh, nevermind.
PA24
AG
Oh, nevermind.
PacifistAg
AG
When have I ever called you a name? Also, I didn't call you out. I said the OP's style reminds me of another poster here, which led me to suspect it's a sock. I didn't mention you by name at all. You didn't get mentioned until you popped in to own that comparison, and in the process, engaged in the name-calling and insults that I had alluded to w/ the OP.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.