So I just got back from the TRANSFORMERS premiere...

3,809 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by Gig-Em2003
mnuge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
how am i missing all of the hype that has been talked about for this movie on the thread.

sure, i know it's coming out and that it will be a big summer action movie....but unprecedented hype?
old-Rudyjax
I didn't see a single billboard for it in LA...Heck, Mrs Bacon had more ads than this movie.
TCTTS
AG
Rudyjax, I don't know what part of LA you were in, but billboards for this thing are ALL OVER Hollywood. Hell, the tallest building on Sunset Blvd. has three sides covered in a giant tarp, at least 30 stories high, advertising the movie.
old-Rudyjax
Dude...i went from Downtown to the chinese theatre on Sunset Strip and somewhere cut over to Hollywood Boulevard.

It wasn't nearly advertised as much as Ratouile...I have pictures to prove it.
10thYrSr
Duh Rudy, what do you think the cars on the street were? Yup, ....Autobots.
10thYrSr
Incidentally, why did princess lea, the emperor, and tigger cross the road?
Chuy
Dear Rudyjax,

Thank you for posting your evidence of Ratatouille advertising is Los Angeles. Do you by any chance have any further photographs on the same subject as the first?

Thanks in advance.
old-Rudyjax
quote:
Incidentally, why did princess lea, the emperor, and tigger cross the road?

Don't forget the Asian baby.
old-Rudyjax
No, but Chris Cornell, SilverChair, and Fergie are playing at this theatre that's surrounded by people that Engish is not their native tongue.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Just a few more hours before show time!!! WHOOT!!!
J. Walter Weatherman
holy.freaking.crap. this movie was amazing and everything that i had it hyped up to be in my head.

also, megan fox is officially the hottest girl i have ever seen in my entire life.

i have some questions about it but i'll wait until everyone else sees it to see what ya'll think.
old-Rudyjax

Average at best.

****ty tat, though.
heddleston
AG
just got back from seeing it. ho-lee-craaaaap!
J. Walter Weatherman

average? are you kidding me? only on texags

old-Rudyjax
Who's Brian??
Coca-Cola_Ag07
AG
maybe it explains who brian is with the other tat on her left side. some sort of text. But average?!?! I would have to disagree.
George Costanza
For those of you who have seen it, is it ok for a 6 year old?
old-Rudyjax
She'd be hot if she didn't have white trash ink all over her.
TCTTS
AG
B/CS Bear... "Sh*t" is said about three times and it IS pretty intense at times. Though, there's not a drop of blood in the movie. It's a close call, but you may be OK.
Keegan99
AG
quote:
For those of you who have seen it, is it ok for a 6 year old?

I think it is, other than a few choice words.
redline248
AG
he might have nightmares about Megatron or Blackout though
George Costanza
Yep, its borderline I suppose.
L.A. Ag97
AG
TCTTS,

I live in L.A. and work in the industry as well, and got invited to the Paramount screening of Transformers last night in Burbank. My impression of the movie totally matches yours. I loved it in more ways than I can count, and could never review it better than you did! Judging from the hordes of people waiting for midnight showings, it's going to make a crapload of money, too.

Thanks for your account of the premiere!
TCTTS
AG
Thanks, man. I appreciate it. We'll have to meet up sometime. And yeah, it made $8 million alone just from last night's screenings. It's gonna be massive.
L.A. Ag97
AG
Shoot me an email at miccferree@yahoo.com. We definitely should meet up since we both work in this crazy business.

AgShaun00
AG
I saw it today at 4:40 and the crowd sucked. I was hoping people would get into it, but they didn't. It was so freaking awesome.

I missed some things at the end I am not sure about. I won't post it here because I do not want to be a spoiler.

The ending was so fast paced and awesome and Megan Fox is incredibly hot in this movie.
Gig-Em2003
AG
I thought it dragged through the middle part of the movie - too much Sector 7 stuff. The last 30 minutes of action was too much for me - I'd actually rather see it on a smaller screen if that sounds crazy. Just seeing Transformers jut back and forth across a screen fighting, in close-up, was too much. He needed to zoom out more for broader shots.

This movie was much funnier than I thought it would be. I don't think Bay has a good sense of humor, but I enjoyed it much more than his others. Shia was excellent I thought.

Overall I give it a B. It did have some awesome action and unreal effects, but could have been trimmed by 20 minutes without losing anything vital.

[This message has been edited by golferag2003 (edited 7/4/2007 3:09p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.