***** THE BAD BATCH - FINAL SEASON - OFFICIAL THREAD *****

10,273 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by An L of an Ag
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
51 minutes dropped on 5-01 and an homage to the 501st.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Pretty good finale. Not what I expected but also happy with how things ended. Guess up next is Acolyte and then later Skeleton Crew (whenever that happens to actually come out).
The Porkchop Express
Good, not great. I pumped my fist when I thought they were going to call Rex, but having the other clones help out was good.

The highlights for me were Wrecker in true berzerker form and the flash-forward at the end.

Show did a great job overall not having to pull in known character after known character to gets its story going. Palpatine and Tarkin always felt earned in the show.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, surprised they kept it as happy as they did, but I'm not mad about it.

Was that the first glimpse of a full on Star Destroyer in animation?
The Porkchop Express
The final Happy Island scene confirms that Crosshair made that last shot with his off hand, since the superior clone actually cut his hand off.

Also props to Nala Se for going out like a boss.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
jeffk
AG
I thought which hand he lost was pretty obvious earlier. The sword-carrying dark clone said "you should be more careful with your shooting hand" before chop-chop and then they showed the robot patching his stump up in the training room.

Apologies if I'm missing your point.
jabberwalkie09
AG
jeffk said:

Yeah, surprised they kept it as happy as they did, but I'm not mad about it.

Was that the first glimpse of a full on Star Destroyer in animation?

I mean, technically we have seen Star Destroyers in Rebels before. Both Imperial and Interdictor classes were seen.
jeffk
AG
Sorry, yeah - that wasn't clear the way I wrote it.

Was this the earliest in the timeline we've seen the imperial SDs in animation?
The Porkchop Express
When Tarkin declares "reroute all funding to Project Stardust" I wanted that lady to say, "Uh, I'm just a troop leader man, not accounting."
jabberwalkie09
AG
jeffk said:

Sorry, yeah - that wasn't clear the way I wrote it.

Was this the earliest in the timeline we've seen the imperial SDs in animation?
I believe that's correct.
redline248
AG
I was pretty pleased with the episode. Was a little worried Wrecker wasn't going to make it. Crosshair Lanister will probably be a crack shot with his left hand in no time.

I wonder if Filoni (or Lucasfilm) will do anything else with any of the characters. I know he might be busy for a while with the live action on his plate.
The Porkchop Express
Id' wish they follow up with a clone resistance show, although it seems like they really couldn't do too much before things start bleeding into the rebellion. The prisoners lining up to fight had some good Andor / One Way out vibes. The Zillo beast was pretty much the dragon in Harry Potter / Deathly Hallows, and Omega's move at the end with the pin was a lot like Katniss and Peeta vs. Cato in Hunger Games. Good stuff though, I loved how ruthless the newer clones were, just totally outmatched them until Wrecker went berserk.
jokershady
AG
In all I was very pleased with it. It was interesting though that while we can TECHNICALLY take a really good guess on what Project Necromancer was they never actually said it in the show.

Really liked seeing Nala Se go down like a boss. That was awesome!

Really pleased with the show and this season was by far the best of the 3. Of all the animated shows this is still under Clone Wars and Rebels but those are REALLY high bars to get over.

I was surprised that seemingly all the research was destroyed….they still need to find a way to explain Palpatines cloning and with this ending curious how they'll do that.
redline248
AG
Quote:

I was surprised that seemingly all the research was destroyed….they still need to find a way to explain Palpatines cloning and with this ending curious how they'll do that.
Somehow, Palpatine was cloned.
jokershady
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

ABATTBQ11
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

That's why they needed the other guy from Mando.
jokershady
AG
But that turned out to be Moff Gideon just trying to clone himself and having nothing to do with Palps…right?
CapCityAg89
AG
So the clones all act very different from each other and from Jango Fett. The Palpatine in the sequels was an exact copy. I don't think he was ever a clone. More Darth Maul - SYCH! You only thought he was cut in half dead.
The Porkchop Express
Papatine was his own "essence" in a new body. If Rey had done the ritual, he would have been his mind in her body. The clones were mostly the same, they just picked up little variations based on what their roles were and who they were around. SO by spending a lot of time around ANakin and Ahsoka, Rex became more independent.
An L of an Ag
AG
Watched the finale last night and was not disappointed! Agree that this was the best season, even if it had some slow episodes.

Gonna have to find another series now that I've finished this and Fallout.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.