*** Monkey Man ***

1,415 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by brew82
MASAXET
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't lie, this looks like a ton of fun: Monkey Man | Official Trailer (youtube.com)

And there is reason to believe it could be good beyond a fun trailer: it was originally set for netflix release but Jordan Peele saw a screening and thought it was good enough that he got his production company involved to buy it out for a theatrical release.
MASAXET
AG
Saw someone describe it on twitter as Jaan Wick
StinkyPinky
AG
Looks a bit formulaic, and overly choreographed fight scenes is getting a bit tired, but still looks interesting enough to give it a chance. The Jaan Wick comment above seems appropriate.
TCTTS
AG
What a trailer...

Monkey Man
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9214772/
April 5, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

PatAg
AG
MASAXET said:

Saw someone describe it on twitter as Jaan Wick
Naan Wick
Faustus
Dev Patel directs Dev Patel, and Sharlito Copley is usually fun in genre fare like this.

Looks like it could be a good time, and certainly insulated against the usual critics.
AgTrip
Is there a big dance number in the middle of the movie like in RRR??
fig96
AG
Dunno if anyone here has seen it but it's out for purchase and (very expensive) rent on digital.
brew82
I watched Monkey Man last night. I've been looking forward to this one since I saw the trailer. Unfortunately while the fight scenes were entertaining the rest of the film was disappointing, imo.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.