*** THE SECRET OF SKINWALKER RANCH ***

36,055 Views | 226 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Teddy Perkins
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have YouTube TV, and thus no History Channel, so I won't be able to watch until Wednesdays via Apple.

Jealous of everyone who gets to watch tonight. Can't wait!
CyclingAg82
AG
TCTTS said:

I have YouTube TV, and thus no History Channel, so I won't be able to watch until Wednesdays via Apple.

Jealous of everyone who gets to watch tonight. Can't wait!
Very good show, the phenomena they encounter are very interesting and I am a not a skeptic about this stuff. But the credibility of the lead researcher, his credentials, and the fact that they presented their findings to the Governor of Utah lends it some weight.

The first episode of this new season has some very interesting revelations.
AgBQ-00
AG
Just got to watch it today. Really good episode. Think it was anomaly data or ghosting off the helicopter?
Coppell97
AG
The new season looks like it is going to be good.
Coppell97
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Just got to watch it today. Really good episode. Think it was anomaly data or ghosting off the helicopter?
anomaly data probably. Things don't work right out there. That we know.
TCTTS
AG
Cool to see them address Taylor having secretly been the chief scientist for the UAP Task Force.

And then, yeah, put me in the anomaly camp as well. There's definitely something there.
TCTTS
AG
I really like Brandon Fugal, as he seems like a legit good guy with genuine intentions (especially if you follow him on Twitter), but this is a bold claim, and I'll believe it when I see it...

TCTTS
AG
On Apple...

AgBQ-00
AG

Popped up in my feed today. Has Brandon and other familiar faces in it. Only 2 minutes in so no highlights from me yet.

ETA: Skeptical writer. Does bring up good points about motivations etc. Takes on the role of mocking commentator. big meh from me.
Rocagnante
AG
TCTTS said:

Cool to see them address Taylor having secretly been the chief scientist for the UAP Task Force.

And then, yeah, put me in the anomaly camp as well. There's definitely something there.

Has Taylor disclosed if he has any financial incentives tied to the success of the show?
TCTTS
AG
I have no idea.
Rocagnante
AG
I hope not as to avoid any conflicts of interest. It could be an interesting season if he's just wearing a scientific hat.

LIDAR: Seems they could answer the anomaly vs ghost question by repeating the experiment with the LIDAR at the end of a boom sticking a few feet out the side of the helicopter to avoid getting ghost readings off the helicopter itself.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Travis may start to annoy me if he keeps dropping references to his time with the UAP Task Force. The team also loves telling the experts their equipment is going to act up but keeps trotting out GPS dependent test equipment. It's time to adapt and overcome. There's got to be a better way to determine whether they are dealing with a worm hole that is not dependent on GPS equipment.
Rocagnante
AG
So true about the GPS equipment. I think it's pretty well established that GPS acts squirrelly out there.
Coppell97
AG
Episode 2 of this season was pretty good. Entertaining. I agree let's get away from GPS, try something else maybe. Liked seeing the drone experiments.
TCTTS
AG
This would be awesome…

Teddy Perkins
AG
TCTTS said:

I really like Brandon Fugal, as he seems like a legit good guy with genuine intentions (especially if you follow him on Twitter), but this is a bold claim, and I'll believe it when I see it...

Looks like some of these quotes came from the below Dolan interview. Pretty good interview, and I agree Fugal does seem like his intentions are good, even if he can be long winded and over the top with the pop culture.

TCTTS
AG
What an episode. Maybe the best one yet? The rocket hitting the anomaly… the helicopter immediately after… good stuff.
AR_Ag95
AG
Awesome episode!!!
AgBQ-00
AG
Watched last night. The interference with the gpr was interesting as well. I wonder if the void/object it saw underground was the cave thing they were dropping smoke down last year
AR_Ag95
AG
First thing I thought when the rocket hit the anomaly was….cool, we have witnessed cloaking technology.
Breggy Popup
AG
TCTTS said:

On Apple...

That's weird. It doesn't show up on AppleTV for me. Another anomaly?
Coppell97
AG
Episode 3 is good. This is best season yet so far. Entertaining.
Rocagnante
AG
It is good so far although the whole instruments failing "wow they've never done that before" act is a bit played out by now.
Coppell97
AG
Episode 4 - show just keeps going. Great season and very entertaining.
Average Joe
AG
Rocagnante said:

It is good so far although the whole instruments failing "wow they've never done that before" act is a bit played out by now.
I gave up when the drone stopped working in season 1 or 2, and it was captured from above by the camera crew's drone doing aerial shots.
TCTTS
AG
At this point all I want them to do is dig. They need to get to the bottom of whatever's in the mesa (literally). I appreciate all of the aerial experiments, along with the other mysteries, but there could very well be something tangible directly under their feet, and everything at this point should be directed toward that effort. Like, a massive excavation operation with multiple machines and a whole team of outside operators. Between Fugal and History it's not like they don't have the resources.
TCTTS
AG
AR_Ag95
AG
AgBQ-00
AG
Want them to keep digging on the Mesa. Was disappointing that they didn't move more rocks than they did. Interesting news about the helicopter.
Rocagnante
AG
TCTTS said:

At this point all I want them to do is dig. They need to get to the bottom of whatever's in the mesa (literally). I appreciate all of the aerial experiments, along with the other mysteries, but there could very well be something tangible directly under their feet, and everything at this point should be directed toward that effort. Like, a massive excavation operation with multiple machines and a whole team of outside operators. Between Fugal and History it's not like they don't have the resources.

Wishful thinking but they're going to Oak Island this thing and drag it out as long as they can. Fugal is only interested in two things: making money and making techno music.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Bigelow bought the ranch from the Shermans in 1996, and brought in his own "scientists" and security people to start observing that year. And now Fugal has installed his own paranormal experts and security and observation equipment. 27 years of hyping "strange phenomena" and all of their scientific observations, and still, all anyone has ever been able to share are stories about claims of things the Shermans may or may not have said they may have heard or seen.

I have a dream of living long enough to one day see the Oak Island guys and some future Skinwalker Ranch owners dig their way to each other and meet up under the Denver airport or something. Maybe under Wright Patterson. Tie everything up into a bow.
TCTTS
AG
Microwave Onions said:

Bigelow bought the ranch from the Shermans in 1996, and brought in his own "scientists" and security people to start observing that year. And now Fugal has installed his own paranormal experts and security and observation equipment. 27 years of hyping "strange phenomena" and all of their scientific observations, and still, all anyone has ever been able to share are stories about claims of things the Shermans may or may not have said they may have heard or seen.

I have a dream of living long enough to one day see the Oak Island guys and some future Skinwalker Ranch owners dig their way to each other and meet up under the Denver airport or something. Maybe under Wright Patterson. Tie everything up into a bow.

Honestly, something along these lines would be genius. Basically The Avengers, but for History. Have Marty and Rick come in to dig the mesa, Gary can walk around with his metal detector, looking for the mother of all top pocket finds, all while Dragon freaks out that they're breaking protocol and Travis is reduced to mumbling "one point six gigahertz" to himself over and over again in the fetal position under a portable tent.

Seriously, though, if they drag this thing out like they did Oak Island - of which I was an avid watcher for years, but finally bailed because of how maddeningly monotonous it became - I'm going to be pissed. I get that ratings rule all, but whatever it is that's in/underneath the mesa is right there.
AgLiving06
The primary difference is it does look pretty unsafe to drill on the mesa right now vs Oak Island.

But yeah, continuing to only do experiments from above will hurt viewership because they can only repeat the same kinds of experiments so many times. They have to figure out how to start getting into the mesa.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I'm about six into season 2. Should I just skip to starting the new season? Skip the rest of two and start at three ?
Take the trash out staff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.