What new fall shows are people excited about?

11 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Counterpoint
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know a lot are starting this week and haven't heard much about new shows.

The most advertised is Designated survivor.
AgMarauder04
AG
That's the one I am intrigued by. Designated Survivor.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm looking forward to Time Cop, I mean Timeless, and the TV take on Lethal Weapon. I expect neither to be renewed though.
israeliag
AG
The commercials don't look great, but I put the Good Place on my DVR after finding out its creator is one of the creators of Parks and Rec (Michael Schur).
schmendeler
AG
WESTWORLD /eot
Tanya 93
Speechless
Sailor
quote:
WESTWORLD /eot
Who wouldn't like hot robot sex?!!!
The Debt
quote:
quote:
WESTWORLD /eot
Who wouldn't like hot robot sex?!!!

Sex army of luck liu's
Old Jock 1997
AG
We are excited about the new Kevin James comedy.

Timeless, Designated Survivor, and Westworld will be in the rotation, at least initially.
schmendeler
AG
quote:

Good one
Duncan Idaho
quote:

Timeless, Designated Survivor, and Westworld will be in the rotation, at least initially.

So you are the one we can blame for yet another fat guy with a hot wife comedy
Bunk Moreland
I can just imagine team after team of writers coming in and pitching new, original material and really believing in their work for weeks to CBS execs.

Then the execs have a big meeting and say "yeah...those all might be good...but we could just get Kevin James back for a bull**** sitcom and throw it behind Big Bang Theory to get the mindless sheep audience."
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Westworld. Designated Survivor....................................................ummmm. That's about it for the fall.

Does Luke Cage count? I'll be binging that entire season in about 2 days.

I absolutely hate that Kevin James is coming back for yet another generic CBS sitcom. And he's dragging the very funny Erinn Hayes from Childrens Hospital with him.

It's also very sad to see Joel McHale slumming on a generic looking CBS sitcom. Especially after all the sh*t "Community" threw at that network and especially BBT, to see him on it now is just very sad.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Good website I use for new shows - on a grid by network with debut dates.

Can click the shows for more info.

white = new show
yellow = new time slot
green = same time slot

http://epguides.com/grid/fall.shtml
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Does Luke Cage count? I'll be binging that entire season in about 2 days.
I think most of us are looking forward to Luke Cage if for nothing else than the fact that the Netflix Marvel shows are near impossible to beat in quality.
Old Jock 1997
AG
Ummm....wow. An ******* alert on this thread would have been nice.

I've got 2 kids, ages 9 and 12. It's a show we might be able to watch as a family where I don't have to worry about constant cursing and sexuality being thrown in our face.

If that makes me mindless and a sheep or whatever, so be it.

Sorry for replying to this thread.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

I've got 2 kids, ages 9 and 12. It's a show we might be able to watch as a family where I don't have to worry about constant cursing and sexuality being thrown in our face.

Hey if you want to expose your kids to shows that portray a successful marriage as men that barely functional tards who are beaten into submission by an overbearing wife in an abusive relationship...have at it.

The Collective
AG
Designated Survivor is the one that most interests me. My wife also added "This is us" to list, so I guess that I will check it out.
Old Jock 1997
AG
quote:
quote:

Hey if you want to expose your kids to shows that portray a successful marriage as men that barely functional tards who are beaten into submission by an overbearing wife in an abusive relationship...have at it.

You assume they don't already see that at home as it is.
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You assume they don't already see that at home as it is.
well played
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
quote:

So you are the one we can blame for yet another fat guy with a hot wife comedy
I blame them:

BEaggie08
AG
For me, I'll check out The Good Place, because Kristen Bell. May check out Notorious, because Piper Perabo. Will give Lethal Weapon a shot. I hope it's good. Designated Survivor. Will try out This Is Us and Bull. Will watch the premiere of MacGyver, but it looks really bad. And of course, I'll watch Westworld.

I don't really watch anything live and the Hopper records everything on network TV in primetime so I may take a look at some other stuff here and there. I expect to actually continue watch 2 or 3 shows, best case scenario.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
For me, I'll check out The Good Place, because Kristen Bell and Michael Schur

FIFY.

Even if it's a bit stiff at first, I'll give it time. Schur was fantastic writing for the Office, created a gold mine of comedy (that also started a tad stiff though I liked the first season) in Parks & Rec, and was a co-creator of the very funny and light-hearted Brooklyn 99.

he hasn't failed me yet.
R0GUE
AG
Westworld and Designated Survivor seem like the cream of the crop to me. But I am such a baseball junkie I am going to at least watch the pilot of "Pitch" too, although my expectations for that one are looooow.
Squirrel Master
AG
I'll admit to being guilty of giving too many new network shows a chance each year, though I try to be frugal and cut bait on crappy ones quickly (except where the wife overrules). That said, shows I'll try to watch atleast one episode of:

Atlanta*
Better Things*
The Good Place
This Is Us
Speechless
Lethal Weapon (Show I'm least hopeful for, but Damon Wayans Jr is greatness and Jordana Brewster really does for it me)
Designated Survivor
Notorious
Pitch
Westworld
Divorce
Conviction (Haylee Atwell)
Timeless (Abigail Spencer)
The Great Indoors

*Already started and really digging

Looking at that list, trying to keep up with all those is entirely unsustainable, so there will be some trimming no doubt. Safe to say that an hour long show that I'm only interested in because one of the actors is hot is probably a big red flag, so I bet Lethal Weapon, Conviction, and Notorious have quite the brief stay on my DVR. Also expecting Great Indoors to be lame. Have to wait and see on the others.

Edit to say that I too expect Pitch to probably suck and get the axe quickly (from me), but it gets a chance cause baseball.
schmendeler
AG
it's not damon wayans junior, it's the senior wayans.
Squirrel Master
AG
Good to know and makes sense.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Luke Cage
Clavell
AG
quote:
I'm looking forward to Time Cop, I mean Timeless, and the TV take on Lethal Weapon. I expect neither to be renewed though.

Take you way back. Looks a lot like the Time Tunnel I enjoyed as a kid.

israeliag
AG
Talk about Luke Cage led me to look into what other Netflix series are coming this fall/winter:

New Black Mirror (10/21)!
Easy (9/22)
AliasMan02
AG
Just killing time until Westworld, though I am excited for Atlanta but haven't watched yet.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Atlanta is great
JM13
I saw a commercial in theatres for The Exorcist, has anyone seen this?? Looks decent

http://www.fox.com/the-exorcist
TXAG 05
AG
Designated Survivor looks like it is straight out of Debt of Honor by Tom Clancy
GinaLinetti
AG
Thanks. That made setting up new shows way easier
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.