Veep season 5

31,875 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TCTTS
ce1994
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It looks like they are setting it up for Selena to be Katherine and Katherine to be Selena. Selena gave up last night.
ce1994
AG
The thing that makes this show hard to watch is the lines come out of nowhere. I almost chocked last night when she said "I hope I did not **** Richard". My drink came up through my nose.
Jim01
AG
The one liners on this show are all time status. Just kill me.

I was surprised nothing popped up to save her, but like you all said, they set it up to be some order of:

1. We found the votes, Selina actually won
2. Too late that deal was closed and we have a president
3. Oh wait! She's actually Mexican! What do we do now?
4. Somehow this opens up a legal loop hole to use the found votes
5. Selina is back baby!!!

Duncan Idaho
The movie will come back as well. It was mentioned way too many times
InternetFan02
AG
I think this season was the strongest yet. Like Curb your enthusiasm and arrested development it builds momentum on earlier seasons by randomly bringing back old characters and bits (omg it's the crazy Finnish lady showing up at Camp David). And like when you hear Catherine whine about money issues with Andrew in the room you anticipate a barrage of pyramid scheme humor.

Would be hilarious to see Selina and staff struggling with exile for a few episodes and then getting swooped back into office with some scandal
ce1994
AG
They won't be able to do that. This show is too great for that. Once we have a president then we have a president. If that president is not constitutionally able then the vice president will take over. Selena will not be president next season. If they pull something like that then I will be disappointed.
TCTTS
AG
Really great season wrap-up Q&A with showrunner David Mandel. Talks quite extensively about his thoughts and ideas for the future of the show...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/veep-season-5-finale-postmortem-906503
West Point Aggie
AG
Really seemed more like a series finale...to me if the show is not set at Blair House or the WH, then it has effectively morphed into something else. The beauty of Selena Meyer was her incompetence and petulance juxtaposed against great power...the life a former, unelected president...? Yawn...

Disappointing...
dave94
AG
I trust that whatever this morphs into will be hilarious given the writers and acting.
TCTTS
AG
That's the spirit. After five seasons, these guys definitely don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.
West Point Aggie
AG
quote:
That's the spirit. After five seasons, these guys definitely don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I'll watch...but it wouldn't surprise me it it goes downhill...your typical HBO series lasts between 5-7 seasons so maybe it's run its course...Selena with the Washington monument behind her in the rain listening to the new president's parade would have been a great series end!

TCTTS
AG
I do agree that it definitely felt like a series finale and might have even been a perfect one. That said, I think they can get a solid two seasons out of whatever's next, then close up shop. As long as it's the same cast, I don't care where they are / what they're doing. It's not like The Office trying to limp along after Steve Carell left. It'll literally be the exact same team- both behind and infront of the camera - as this past season, which I think may have been the best yet.
Duncan Idaho
I agree with what you are saying and I do fear a season 9 of scrubs, but I am optimistic
LHIOB
AG
If the focus shifts to their jobs in the media and Jonah running for office again then let see this.

Ben asking for a divorce while at Disney World is exactly the kind of show this world needs.
Jim01
AG
quote:
As long as it's the same cast, I don't care where they are / what they're doing.
Agree. I was just thinking last night that the actual plot really doesn't matter to me on this show. The characters and the jokes are so spectacular they could do anything.
LawHall88
AG
quote:
quote:
As long as it's the same cast, I don't care where they are / what they're doing.
Agree. I was just thinking last night that the actual plot really doesn't matter to me on this show. The characters and the jokes are so spectacular they could do anything.
Except part of what allows Selina to behave as she does is her power and position. We'll see how that translates when she is a "civilian."
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
They perfectly hit the thing that drives me nuts about mexicans on the national stage.

Flawless, non-accented english for everything they say....until they say their ****ing name, then it is the thickest, I've never heard an american speak in my ****ing life spanish accent.
so much this.
HtownAg92
AG
"And what part of Ohio are you from, LA-OH-A-RAH"?
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Splett asking "Oh are we praying ma'am" just might've been the funniest line to me all year. So simple, yet so perfect.

Bunk Moreland
The show has been great, the cast has been great, etc.

I think they could spin off and shift focus to sort of a 3-phase world where attention for certain episodes is on Selina/Gary and whatever theyr'e doing, Dan/Amy and their rise back through either media or a new political team, and then also have Jonah's team and term as a congressman. Then by the end of the season they could tie the 3 storylines together to intertwine, and possibly at that time give JLD the sendoff she deserves for her work on the show.

Now that she is out of the presidency/vice presidency, the show should not focus on her. That much I do know.
spanky
AG
Shouldn't it focus on the new VP?...just saying
pb488
AG
"I gotta go, something amazing is happening"

during Gary's meltdown
LHIOB
AG
Maybe Selina will move to New Hampshire and make a run for that open seat kinda like Hillary and NY. Selina vs Jonah would be fun.

I wish I had 100 Richards
...but what if we all killed each other...

Don't remember the exact quote but it was great
Max Power
AG
quote:
If the focus shifts to their jobs in the media and Jonah running for office again then let see this.

Ben asking for a divorce while at Disney World is exactly the kind of show this world needs.
That scene with Ben was just incredible, so awesome.

My only request is that regardless of where this show goes, Furlong is there. Furlong showing Jonah the ropes in Congress every week is something we all need.
gumby579
AG
So did they not leave open the possibility of using the found votes? The eagle guy - I know he is senile but maybe that is a way Selina gets back in power? Or was that just a way to mind **** us?
TCTTS
AG
No, read that article I linked to earlier. The showrunner straight up says that's not going to be a thing, he just thought it was a funny line to end on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.