***Red Rising***

5,337 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by lurker76
NukeAg10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Joseph Freshwater, Sr said:

Funny, I just started this series last week and finished book one pretty quickly and am halfway thru the second. My son finished all 5 books and highly recommended it to me. I was also wondering if it would translate to the big screen or television and then saw this thread, haha. Who would you get to play Reaper, though? Tough job for a young actor.

No clue who would play reaper. He's a very deep character, with lots of emotions and motivations. As for translating to a series or the big screen, I think a series would be best, if done by the right people. A movie series would probably be frustrating, bc a lot of important things would be left out. HBO would probably be the only company that i believe could do it right.

I know GOT finished awfully, but they would actually have an entire set of source material to do it.
lurker76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A friend recommended the series to me in late '21, and I finished the five books in early '22. I'm eagerly awaiting book 6 just to finish out the series. The first 3 were fantastic, but the next two left me a little unsatisfied. I'll probably go through all of them again after finishing book 6, just to get a good feel for them.

The friend that recommended them does the audio versions of the books and he really enjoyed this series that way. I usually don't do audio books because it takes so much attention to follow along; I find I lose the train too easily and have to go back to understand it. If I'm reading, it is easier for me to stop at a point and focus on something else if necessary.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.