****Into the Badlands Season 1****

3,489 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I highly doubt they will tie much up but I suppose 6 episodes is just enough to get you hooked and gives AMC and idea of how people like it to continue on with season 2.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Now things have gotten interesting. No way they wrap everything up by the end of next episode. I'm actually really enjoying this show, and hope it gets a second season.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Anyone know how ratings have been?
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think TV by the numbers noted that with the Walking Dead done for now that it took a 50% hit in viewers.... It went from a 2.5 to a 1.1.....

Ratings from December 6: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/12/08/sunday-cable-ratings-dec-6-2015/
Madmarttigan
AG
I wonder if it is too niche of a show. My wife who watches the walking dead thinks into the badlands looks stupid but I like it just because of the fighting.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I wonder if it is too niche of a show. My wife who watches the walking dead thinks into the badlands looks stupid but I like it just because of the fighting.
That's hilarious because after the first season of TWD I thought the show was ******ed. Honestly, I think that the first six episodes pretty much was the series for me and the second season just didn't hold my interest anymore for some reason.
hurricanejake02
AG
My real questions is why is it called "Into the Badlands" when no one is trying to get in? Shouldn't it be called "Leaving the Badlands"?
Bryan98
AG
quote:
My real questions is why is it called "Into the Badlands" when no one is trying to get in? Shouldn't it be called "Leaving the Badlands"?
Ha!

My wife and I watched the two most recent episodes last night. Still good! We both enjoy it.

This show really needs to succeed so that TV studios will see that something very different can work. I adore the mash-up nature of this show.

Also, don't know if this has been said in this thread, but the show is a loose adaptation of the classic Chinese novel "Journey to the West".
Ol Jock 99
AG
Enjoyable, but so many open story lines.

Good series. Would watch if it comes back. Kinda doubt it will.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Renewed for another season of 10 episodes,

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/into-the-badlands-renewed-season-2-amc-1201725696/
ham98
wow I didn't think it would make the cut
jabberwalkie09
AG
I was shocked as hell to read about it when I was thinking back on shows I watched this year. Renewal came really late for this show, and the article I think said that it won't be back until 2017. Hopefully we are largely past all the setup bull**** and we can start moving toward cranking out some good episodes.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.