Narcos - Netflix Original Series

12,958 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 45-70Ag
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going to have to watch the series again. Maybe I can catch everything on a 2nd viewing. On a couple of occasions I got several of the characters mixed up since they looked similar.
nai06
AG
Loved this series although I thought they would have wrapped it up in one season based on the time line. Season one covered Escobar's rise to escape from La Catedral, nearly two decades. A little over a year from then and he would be dead.

*******************Spoilers*************************

It was my impression that pena delivered the photos to the Cali cartel. Aside from Murphy, he was the only one that knew of their existence

***********************END SPOILERS********************************
aTmAg
AG
************************** SPOILER ***********************************

What was the murder early on (like in the 1st two episodes or so) that caused Colombia to pass extradition in the first place? It was before Galan and all of that. I want to say some woman (not the news anchor since that was after Galan).

nai06
AG

The photos were of the sicarios killed at la dispenseria. Among the dead was an innocent woman. Murphy had passed the info onto Carrillo knowing that he would order a hit on the place. This scene was a flash forward in the first or second episode and then featured in the 8th or 9th episode as the series caught back up to it.

nai06
AG
quote:

The photos were of the sicarios killed at la dispenseria. Among the dead was an innocent woman. Murphy had passed the info onto Carrillo knowing that he would order a hit on the place. This scene was a flash forward in the first or second episode and then featured in the 8th or 9th episode as the series caught back up to it.

EDIT: Just reread your post. I thought it was the murder of the politician prior to galan that spurred the talk of extradition

aTmAg
AG
************************************ Spoiler **********************************************

quote:

EDIT: Just reread your post. I thought it was the murder of the politician prior to galan that spurred the talk of extradition
Ah.. I think you are right. The guy who got shot in the his car.

**************************************************************************************
GigEmAgs14
AG
Just finished this show last night and enjoyed every minute of it.
Looking forward to season 2!
Aggie1391
Great show. I like how fast paced the show is. When I watched the first couple episodes, I thought it would be a 1 season show. Even now, I hope they don't slow it down and stretch it out for more than 2 seasons.
aTmAg
AG
I too thought it was going to be one season total.

***** Spoiler *****

And I was surprised that it didn't end on Pablo's death. There is not much time left chronologically before he dies. I assume that means that he will die early in next season and that it will continue with the aftermath.

nai06
AG
I though they would follow the narco trade to Miami, LA, NYC, etc. so you could the what was really going on while escobar was doing his thing.
aTmAg
AG
just in case.. I'm talking about the real guy here...
********* Spoiler ************

They could, in theory, spend the entire next season on the last 18 months of of his life. During that period his cartel killed 30-50 people per week. They were the murder capital of the world. I can see that being interesting.

GigEmAgs14
AG
Good read:
*********Might be some spoilers for those who haven't finished season 1*********

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3224981/My-life-world-s-infamous-drug-lord-Pablo-Escobar-s-son-reveals-heartbreak-fear-violence-seemingly-endless-wealth-experienced-growing-up.html
RangerRick9211
AG
Wagner Moura and his 'stache often reminded me of Ron Swanson. Added another layer of entertainment.
aTmAg
AG
That is a good read
Tabasco
AG
Thanks for this thread. Added to my queue
River
I am having trouble with the accents. Pablo is Brazilian, Gacha is puerto rican, ochoa is from god knows where, lara is Mexican, Elisa is from spain....

Maybe they can find people that can fake a colombian accent...
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
I am having trouble with the accents. Pablo is Brazilian, Gacha is puerto rican, ochoa is from god knows where, lara is Mexican, Elisa is from spain....

Maybe they can find people that can fake a colombian accent...

I have a coworker who's father left Columbia during the Pablo days, and apparently he loves the show except for the accents. He made the same comment you just did.

Its funny because as an English speaker all of the Spanish accents sound the same to me, but I guess its the same as having a British actor try an American dialect but you still hear his British accent in certain words. Can be distracting.
River
My family also left Colombia over those years...

I had watched "el patron del mal" on Netflix so I got spoiled with real accents from the different colombian regions and an actor that did the escobar mannerisms to a tee!
FL_Ag1998
AG
"el patron del mal"

What did you think of that? Recommend it?
River
El patrin del mal was good but way too long. They do gointo a bit more detail on the family side of escobar and all of the other killings he was involved with.

It is more from a Colombian point of view rather than narcos "DEA solves every issue and was involved in everything "
Silver Arrows
AG
I really liked the series. I think it is implied that the CIA, with Pena's help, leaked the photos to further their own interests. It will be interesting to see how it plays out because the CIA is rumored to have been working both sides.
BMX Bandit
Great series
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Still waiting for Matterhorn with Colin Farrell.
amg405
AG
Gave it a shot while not expecting much. It's pretty entertaining and doesn't have much bad acting. It's definitely worth a shot if you're looking for something. Subtitles were not an issue.
aTmAg
AG
I cannot think of any bad acting.
El Chupacabra
Good show. Halfway done with the series.
La Fours
AG
Any guess when season 2 will be released?
TMoney2007
AG
If season 2 covers Escobar up to his death, maybe season 3 could cover the cali cartel. It would be interesting to see the US forces flipped to being on the side of the bad guys in the context of the issues of the current day.
GoneForGood
Everyone complains about the subtitles but growing up in the Rio Grande Valley I can appreciate the realism it brings to have everyone speaking Spanish. I don't mind reading subtitles (always loved old school Kung fu movies) and love the storyline and character development in this show. My only concern is where do they go from here?

*Potential Spoilers*

Considering how far they advanced in Escobar's life, they honestly have a year or two before his end. Are they going to continue the series with different drug lords? Or will they somehow stretch this into more seasons?
NeverBunt
ready for season 2
WES2006AG
AG
While watching the series I had no idea there would be a season 2. Then I was surprised to see where the season left off. I am assuming a 2nd season has been confirmed. The 2nd season is great news, this is one of my favorite things I have watched in a while.
2008and1
AG
quote:
While watching the series I had no idea there would be a season 2. Then I was surprised to see where the season left off. I am assuming a 2nd season has been confirmed. The 2nd season is great news, this is one of my favorite things I have watched in a while.

I kept wondering why the next episode wasn't starting automatically after the last episode ended.
My Dad Earl
AG
Turned off the game midway through the 3rd quarter on Saturday night and started watching this show. It definitely made the rest of my night enjoyable! I'm hooked!
2ndGen87
AG
What's amazing to me, is if you wrote this as a novel in 1975, every publisher in the country would have laughed you out of their office.

Wait, a criminal willy nilly kills presidents and terrorizes an entire country? And then builds his own jail? Get out of with that nonsense!

Man, it is so much wilder than anything anybody could have predicted.
Charpie
AG
If you like this show, go watch Sicario. Its a great movie and just as gorry as this show.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.