Tyrant - Season 2

3,869 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aTmAg
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very different tone and story this season. A lot more topical.

Just curious if anyone is still watching this series.
aTmAg
AG
I watch it every week. One of the few shows that are on right now that I make a point to watch it the night it is on.
Aggiejue
AG
quote:
Very different tone and story this season. A lot more topical.

Just curious if anyone is still watching this series.
I'm back for the second season and it definitely has more substance.
Dawnguard
AG
I'm pretty happy with how this season is shaping up. They've added a few subtle touches to the culture, and made the subplots much more engaging. Unfortunately, this is setting my expectations way too high for Fargo.
Duncan Idaho
I was disappointed with the reveal that started the second episode.

I was hoping that wouldn't happen, so the wife would be written out if the series
SeattleAgJr
quote:
I was disappointed with the reveal that started the second episode.

I was hoping that wouldn't happen, so the wife would be written out if the series
Yeah, I pretty much hate every bit about his American family subplots. They drag the show down.

But I like pretty much everything else.

What I really would LOVE is that if the overall story comes to a head where he "defeats" his brother to become ruler and ends up having to be just a heavy handed because that is really how it is over there.

THAT would be bad ass, but I think the amount of time and effort to develop that storyline is more than this show will have
AgsMnn
AG
I like watching it. Still wish the Bridge was on.
Yoda
AG
I also watch it every week. My favorite character is his messed up brother. I really like the actor who plays him. He has created a complex character that I think actually wants to do good, that is completely incapable of overcoming his own shortcomings.
lne2011
SeattleAgJr
I really like the show, everything except the main characters American family.

If they were not in the show, it would be 10x better
aTmAg
AG
If they weren't in the show people would be asking, "doesn't he have a family?? What a dick for leaving them behind." By showing the family on occasion, it reminds us, "oh that's why he left them. It makes perfect sense."
Duncan Idaho
Part of me thinks the original intent was to show the transformation of the American brother into a horrible tyrant. Like a mideast braking bad

But the powers that be wussed out
aTmAg
AG
I thought that too, but I like the way the show is going now better. In hindsight, if the coup would have worked in season 1 then that would have been too easy and quite unrealistic. No way would a dude come from America and take over power from a nation in only a few months. Him fighting for it sounds much better.

I do find it interesting that he finds himself in the middle against 2 sides that want him dead. Not sure how that's going to go. But if the resistance was not an ISIS type group and instead were the clear "good guys" then this entire season would be way to predictable.
Duncan Idaho
I don't think it would even have had to have been a coup. The father could have just named him and then it would be him slowly falling into the roll.
aTmAg
AG
That would have been sorta cliche, don't you think?
Duncan Idaho
Yeah bite not ant now than the current sorry
aTmAg
AG
I don't know. The dude being suddenly thrust into a position of power has been done a lot. A guy looking like he is going to get himself into power, only to get caught, and sentenced to death was surprising. I do wish the explanation of why he left him in the desert was better. Rather than "I didn't want to be the one who killed you", I would prefer something like "hanging was too easy. Mother wouldn't have let me torture you, so this is the next best thing. Have a fun week, brother."
ellebee
Can someone remind me why the opposition wants him dead? I may be wrong but I thought he was working with that guy to start the coup at first.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
You drunk?

What the hell?
aTmAg
AG
quote:
Can someone remind me why the opposition wants him dead? I may be wrong but I thought he was working with that guy to start the coup at first.
They don't know it's him. Right now he's just some dude who kidnapped that other guy's wife.

Before he was keeping his identity secret because chances are it will kill him rather than save him. Those guys are likely into it for their own power not because they want justice and all of that. Having an Al-Fayeed fighting with them would be a threat to their leadership.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
You drunk?

What the hell?

Autocorrect and fat fingers
bite = but
ant = any
now = more

Yeah but not any more than the current story
ellebee
Didn't he say they wanted him dead before he even killed that dude and took the wife? That's why he took off in the first place right? They couldn't know he was there.
aTmAg
AG
I don't remember that. I thought he was taking off because he was worried that they would find out who he was. As soon as he killed that dude by the truck he had to leave.
ellebee
I want to punch molly in the throat. How much time has passed since Barry's "death"?
Dawnguard
AG
quote:
I want to punch molly in the throat. How much time has passed since Barry's "death"?
But, if Molly sleeps with the lawyer first, then Barry can sleep with Daliyah?

Also - maybe I don't spend much time looking at women in a hijab - but I didn't even recognize Samira until they showed the scenes from next time part with Ihab freaking out.
ellebee
I think that's where it's going. Barry is probably super stinky and gross though.
Yoda
AG
I can't decide if the writers want me to hate Sammy, but he may be one of the most unlikable characters I've ever experienced.
aTmAg
AG
Yeah maybe Barry can use Sammy as a suicide bomber and do everybody a favor.
Cibalo
I agree about Sammy. I start looking at my phone when it is on screen, I just don't buy into his character at all. I don't think it is the actors fault, I think it is just crappy writing.

that probably means he will be the one to become President when it is all over.
aTmAg
AG
This is ending pretty damned strong if you ask me. One of the few shows that I gotta watch live.
lne2011
AG
This season is way better than the first season. Also, I think that this was the best episode of the series yet.
aTmAg
AG
Not to mention unpredictable. If you were to ask me how I thought season 2 would go at the end of season 1, the only prediction I would have gotten right is that Barry wouldn't die.
Yoda
AG
I am still on the train. Jamal is capable of anything.
aTmAg
AG
Dude
aTmAg
AG
I assume that people who haven't seen the episode yet will avoid this thread, so I'm not going to bother with a spoiler tag....

Now that Jamal is dead, now what? Constitutional conventions aren't particularly exciting. Neither are elections. I wonder how they are going to pull off next season.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.