MTVs Scream

9,777 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Hannah McKay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I read about what happened (I have a problem with spoilers) and I still think my theory holds.

***spoilers***

I think the reporter chick is the Emma's mother's adopted baby (she said earlier that her dad was murdered before she was born), I think she found out what happened and is getting revenge. I think it will be similar to the scream movie where there's two killers and they both injure themselves to make them appear innocent. Jake's stabbing was too weird to me. I don't know what his connection is to the whole thing but that just seemed to give it away to me.

***end spoilers***
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting theory.

They are really trying to make us think it's the teacher, so there's no way it's him. But leaving the room seconds before Brooke is attacked, then appearing seconds after the killer disappears, is awfully convenient. He could be one of two (or more) killers.

Still think Emma's dad could be the killer, out of anger/jealousy that the mom had Brandon James' baby.
Hannah McKay
AG
Yeah the teacher stuff is pretty sketchy. But I think there will be a story line similar to the mayor that gets him out of it.

Emma's dad could also very well be in on this.

Ok so newest top suspects: Branson, reporter, Emma's dad, Jake...?
LHIOB
AG
Tom Everett Scott isn't on the Scream IMDB page so maybe they were trying to keep his role on the DL.

Of course her dad still hasn't actually appeared on the show since he was a hallucination.

This isn't the best show on TV but its not half bad and it has me interested to see who it is and what clues they gave us along the way that were missed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow. Is it Kieran? Guessing whoever broke out Branson is the other killer, in order to make him look even more guilty.

Setting up for an epic finish.
LHIOB
AG
I still say its more than one person. When Brandons mom was saying names of the grandson and said "Keith"
you know who it was.

For being a teeny bopper show on MTV its actually pretty good. The acting isnt the best but the story has kept me watching. Its actually one of the few shows I watch the day it comes on.

Could Kerian and the teacher be half brothers?

Do yall think S2 will be about Emma or will they reboot and do another HS?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If I had to guess, I'd say one killer gets revealed, and they keep the other(s) for season 2.
Hannah McKay
AG
I can't imagine one killer would be as effective though or enough to keep a season going. I don't know though - could be interesting either way.
TX scallywAG
AG
I also think the reporter, Piper, is Emma's sister.

Emma's mom mentioned she never found out the gender of the baby. Piper mentioned her dad is dead, Brandon James...

One killer pegged. In typical Scream fashion, there has to be two killers. Who is killer #2?

Were they planning on season 2 while filming or will they wrap it all up?
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
ro828
I think Kieran and the creepy teacher are the killers, just not sure whether they're working together or independently. And I'm still suspicious of Piper, or at least her motives.

Next Tuesday will be the test. Will they have the integrity to actually resolve the story line and start a new one next year, possibly with all new characters? Or will it be like Under the Dome, which is getting more ridiculous and farther from King's book with each episode? I realize the ratings are still strong, but it's really jumped the shark.
Harry Stamper
What if Emma has a twin she doesn't know about? "It all ends with Emma". And she had a dream that she was stabbed by herself. I really hope, and doubt, this isn't the direction it goes. This is just a wild guess that popped in my head.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly the brother thing is a little too Scream 3. Too on the nose. I think it's a red herring.
TX scallywAG
AG
quote:
Honestly the brother thing is a little too Scream 3. Too on the nose. I think it's a red herring.

Or is someone's parent helping a la Scream 2?
---
West Point Aggie
AG
Mtv is still around?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
RIP Wes Craven
Hannah McKay
AG
Finally caught up this weekend...so I want to say Kieran isn't totally guilty here...I still think the reporter is one of the killers and we never actually see her go to the Brandon James's mom and have her point out Kieran's face - it could theoretically all be a setup

I think the reporter is Emma's sister, but I don't know who she has teamed up with
TX scallywAG
AG
quote:
RIP Wes Craven

Crazy. Didn't even know he had brain cancer. 76 years old.

He was definitely a pioneer of the genre as we know it today.

Reading a few articles, he gave Bruce Willis his first role in a Twilight Zone episode. Gave Sharon Stone her first role. Cast Johnny Depp in Elm Street. Guy had an eye for talent.
---
Scotty Flamingo
Wow! Loved it!

Really looking forward to season 2
LHIOB
AG
Pretty good little ending. Lots of ways this can go. Kept the core cast alive and introduced a little of where next season will focus.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good call Hannah.

So which killer do we think killed who? Obviously Audrey killed Nina, but who else? What would her motive be against Emma? (Before knowing about her involvement in the tape of course.) And why kill her own girlfriend? (Or allow her to be killed?)
Hannah McKay
AG
They made it seem like Audrey and Emma had weird history when the show started, so I'm assuming that had something to do with it.

I think Audrey had a lot to do with Will's death. And the death of Nina and whoever's head ended up in the pool.

I can't wrap my head around who killed Rachel - would that have been Audrey? She was on the phone with her at the time and switched her voice. Or at least on the phone when Piper pushed her over. It could have also just been a setup relationship to make Audrey look innocent?

Piper killed the officer - Audrey was at the Halloween dance.

I don't have any theories on the rest. And I know I'm missing a lot.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The thing that doesn't add up is, why would Audrey attack Piper if she knows that will look suspicious once Piper was revealed to be the killer.

Unless she wasn't planning on shooting her all along. But if she was, it doesn't make sense to attack her, since it will create the suspicion of there being a second killer later on.
LHIOB
AG
Maybe she wanted to tie up the loose ends

We need someone to do a recap video and go episode by episode and break it all down.

I hope the 2nd season is as solid as the first
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, killing her makes sense. I meant when Piper was with Will and Audrey (presumably) attacked them.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Yeah, killing her makes sense. I meant when Piper was with Will and Audrey (presumably) attacked them.

Yeah...thats a good point...
Scotty Flamingo
Did I hear at the end where they couldn't find pipers body in the water?
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Did I hear at the end where they couldn't find pipers body in the water?

Right...always leave the door open
LHIOB
AG
I read an interview with the actress who played Piper and she said she didnt know she was going to be the killer until episode 6. Interesting of the writers/director to leave her in the dark for over half of the season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I need to rewatch the season and figure out where Audrey and Piper are during the different kills.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
I need to rewatch the season and figure out where Audrey and Piper are during the different kills.
I keep hoping that someone will put together a recap like this so I can just watch that
jabberwalkie09
AG
OK so this made it to Netflix, and I am left with a question. Did they ever answer in the first season who it was that attacked Piper and that guy (yep, I don't even remember the dude's name) after giving the mayor the last of the blackmail?

I honestly don't remember it being addressed, and it gives the impression that they hadn't decided who the killer was at that point unless I missed it. I mean, I was thinking it was the teacher and Piper working together but I guess the teacher was just working on his own?
TajMaballer
AG
Started the show on Netflix and caught up with this season. Great summer show! Anybody check out this season yet?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Crap, didn't realize it had started. Gotta catch up.
TajMaballer
AG
3 episodes in!
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Crap, didn't realize it had started. Gotta catch up.
It came back at a very convenient time when there was practically nothing else on at this point in the summer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.