Just started Sons of Anarchy

2,979 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Through episode 9 season 1. Goes by fast. Have not visited the old threads yet for fear of spoilers. Like it a lot so far but keep trying to get some of the almost blatant Soprano comparisons out of mind. It's like the Sopranos joined a motorcycle club and Johnny Sac's crew are the Mayans. Does the show peak at season one or should I get ready to enjoy future seasons?
AggiePride07
AG
Gets better. Awesome show!
Murder Hornet
AG
I think if you get to Ireland, you've gone too far
MGS
Season 2 was the best, then it goes downhill fast.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Gets better. Awesome show!

And then it goes to **** faster than anything I have ever seen.

The last 4 or 5 seasons are like a 4 year run of the 9th season of scrubs
ORAggieFan
quote:
Season 2 was the best, then it goes downhill fast.

Yep. Outside of the Season 3 finale it's garbage after season 2.
DFWag84
stop after season 2 and google the rest.
Al Bula
AG
Yeah the Sopranos parallels are there. The antihero or protagonist villain is a very popular TV and movie trope.

Al Swearingen
Walter White
Vito and Michael Corleone
Dexter
Frank Underwood
Jules and Vincent

The list goes on.

Furlock Bones
AG
Just say no
Duncan Idaho
I don't know if you guys figure it out but Sutter tried to make Jax almost christ like....I mean it was real subtle and you had to really pay attention but it was there.
twenty two ags
another sopranos comparison - tony worked in waste management and sons of anarchy is garbage.
DFWag84
SOA is trash, and the Jesus reference is not that hard to figure out.

SKIP SOA and watch The Shield.

UnderoosAg
AG
Put it this way. The thread for the last season or two wasn't so much fans discussing the entertainment or excitedly predicting plot turns and developments. It was group therapy trying to encourage one another not to completely quit watching since we were almost through with it.
thirty-two
AG
Lots of bewbs in that show.

But also too many shots of Jax Teller's rump.
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
Lots of bewbs in that show.

But also too many shots of Jax Teller's rump.
QFT. Freakin' Sutter had Jax's ass on that show every other episode.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
SOA is trash, and the Jesus reference is not that hard to figure out.

you new around these parts? it was sarcasm. You would have to be a retarded 5 yr old to not get the Jesus analogy by the end of the first season....you would have to be brain dead to not get it by the start of the last season and you would have to be a ****ing muslim if you weren't offended by the last episode and its ham handed christ references
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I though it was based on Macbeth?
Duncan Idaho
The first season or two.

With a healthy dose of christ allegory thrown in...the it went full christ.

jackie childs
now now, maybe the OP appreciates the gratuitous use of prison lovin' as a storytelling device
bigboykin
AG
Glad to see this thread. I bailed around Ireland, but had it on my radar to get back to some day potentially. I guess I won't waste my time. Thanks, guys.
mm98
AG
I thought Ireland was bad but it got better for one season after...I think 4. Then downhill rest of the way.
jackie childs
quote:
I thought Ireland was bad but it got better for one season after...I think 4. Then downhill rest of the way.
yeah, seasons 1, 2 and 4 are easily the best
DFWag84
Is that why he called everyone "brother"?

Max Power
AG
SOA is okay but if you want to stick with FX then The Shield or Justified is way better, both have Walton Goggins in outstanding roles. He's in SOA as well, but with a giant rack. Just the dialogue in Justified alone is better than anything written in the entirety of SOA. There are worse things out there than SOA, but there are much better options out there worthy of investing your time.
thirty-two
AG
I'm still struggling with the fact that one of Jax Teller's side pieces in the later SOA seasons was also Matt Saracen's Mom in Friday Night Lights.
twenty two ags
that's the single whitest thing ever said.
UnderoosAg
AG
quote:
I'm still struggling with the fact that one of Jax Teller's side pieces in the later SOA seasons was also Matt Saracen's Mom in Friday Night Lights.

But you're good with Tig's piece?
thirty-two
AG
Duncan Idaho
The problem with the show wasn't that it was horrible (it was) but that it squandered so much opportunity.

It is kind of like me and my brother. He is a **** up and , I am slightly more successful than he is but because i had more potential than he did, I am viewed as a bigger failure.
MGS
quote:
You obviously haven't seen Deadwood.
ac04
best motorcycle soap opera of all time
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
God I just watched the season 6 finale, and holy horse **** was that bad. There are just so many leaps of logic, and every "surprise!" Is obvious 10 minutes ahead of time. Just absolutely insane that there were so many things that could have been done to make it exciting and unpredictable, and they chose to instead to make it the equivalent of a mature rated Dora the explorer episode. Jeebus.
Murder Hornet
AG
The wife and I binge watched this show all the way up until season 6. It might not have been so bad watching this show weekly, but it was incredibly repetitive.

Jax - We need more guns and we need to get black/brown/yellow out of our turf. We also need a really complex plot to frame black/brown/yellow for some really bad stuff we are going to do. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Just because it's a drama, doesn't mean you have to put in 20 minutes worth of sad montages every episode.
Al Bula
AG
Great show to binge watch. Not worth waiting week by week to watch. Glad it is over.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.