iZombie

12,990 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SeattleAgJr
agmatt06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If CW show trends hold true...by the end of next season, most of Seattle will be aware of what she is.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
If CW show trends hold true...by the end of next season, most of Seattle will be aware of what she is.
LOL.... yep....
swimmerbabe11
So when they tell him what's up...

You think they go back to being together?

Wait, no, is Zombie-ism passable through saliva? or just scratches?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
So when they tell him what's up...

You think they go back to being together?

Wait, no, is Zombie-ism passable through saliva? or just scratches?
Excellent question. One of the characters in the latest episode mentioned something about a fingernail, so perhaps it is transmitted that way? That would seem to imply that he was changed in the same way Liv was, by a scratch.

Personally, I'm kind of relieved that Lowell is gone as that it spares us prerequisite CW love triangle for the time being. Perhaps Major and Liv end up back together, but Major will probably have tough time dealing with the fact that she eats brains. Though I see him being far more approving of her methods of obtaining food than Blaine's. I think it would be an interesting twist if Major ends up being turned into a zombie to see how he copes with it.
Icecream_Ag
S
The detective will be worked in some way to get the triangle
bigboykin
AG
Much to my surprise, I'm enjoying this show. I loved Veronica Mars, but this concept just seemed too CW/cheesy for me. But, my wife got me to give it a shot, and I think I've ended up liking it more than her.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Not sure anyone has posted it, but iZombie has been renewed for a second season.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Not sure anyone has posted it, but iZombie has been renewed for a second season.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think I'm going to go ahead and call it now: Major finds out about Liv being a zombie by the end of the season and will resent her for not telling him.

Edit: Predictions for the final three episodes are the guy from tonight will return and try to kill Liv, she will kill him to protect Major, and Clive is going end up in the hospital (at least).
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, this latest episode was pretty good. There is only one more episode left on the season right?
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
Much to my surprise, I'm enjoying this show. I loved Veronica Mars, but this concept just seemed too CW/cheesy for me. But, my wife got me to give it a shot, and I think I've ended up liking it more than her.
Nice. I kickstarted the VM movie and Rob talked a lot about his "new show" after the VM movie released. I was very skeptical because the premise just sounded dumb and unnecessary. I scheduled it to DVR when I saw it was coming out and figured I'd give it a try when I had time.

I've got to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm only 3 or 4 episodes in, but it feels a lot like VM, with a smaller group of main characters. Rob Thomas really nails these types of shows. I don't know how well his style would play there, but I'd like to see him write a show for cable.
swimmerbabe11
Oh man. That episode was great.

Also, they didn't even bother giving Sin from Arrow a new costume did they?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Also, they didn't even bother giving Sin from Arrow a new costume did they?
Nope!
LHIOB
AG
Really loved this season. Rose McIver did an amazing job considering she played a differnt character each week.

And Stephen Weber...who was great in Party Down btw
AggieHank86
AG
Just binge-watched Season 1 on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Any idea where I can see the remaining episodes (not yet on Netflix) without paying DirecTV $3 per episode?
jabberwalkie09
AG
The CW website has like the last 5 or so episodes.
et98
AG
I don't usually watch CW-type shows. I never saw Buffy or Veronica Mars or anything like that. I only watched this one because I liked the lead actress when she was on Masters of Sex a couple of seasons ago and the lead antagonist when he was on Alias back in the day. But I'm actually enjoying this show.

The one thing that I don't understand is if she's the only zombie who gets visions & changes in personality depending on the brain she ate, or do they all do that? From what I can tell, she's the only one, right? Why?

jabberwalkie09
AG
No, they all do it to varying degrees. I'm pretty sure that Liv's zombie boyfriend from S1 had the same thing going on.

Side note, if you haven't watched Veronica Mars you really should. It's a decent show.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
The one thing that I don't understand is if she's the only zombie who gets visions & changes in personality depending on the brain she ate, or do they all do that? From what I can tell, she's the only one, right? Why?
As addressed above, they all experience visions of the lives of the brains that they eat. Otherwise, the last four or five episodes of Season One would have had no storyline, since the underlying theme was Blaine attempting to recover stolen astronaut brains to feed to his customers, so that they could vicariously experience spaceflight.

It was made clear, however, that they do not all experience the visions to the same degree as our intrepid heroine Liv. Lowell specifically said that she experiences more than him, because she actively goes out and seeks stimuli that trigger the visions.
jabberwalkie09
AG
That finale.....
MrPlow2010
AG
I really enjoyed this season and the episodes tonight. This show has been a pleasant surprise and has only gotten better with time. I'm looking forward to season 3.
SeattleAgJr
Plus they name checked Johnny Manziel last week....
SeattleAgJr
quote:
I really enjoyed this season and the episodes tonight. This show has been a pleasant surprise and has only gotten better with time. I'm looking forward to season 3.
Yep. This show built on a decent first season and just got stronger and stronger as the season went along.

The only thing I am uncertain about is that last 2 minutes....
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm thinking they do some role reversal where Liv will do stuff to protect Major and Clive.

I did like that Clive finally knows.
AggieHank86
AG
Well, they sure wiped the casting slate clean. I hate that we lose Weber's hot redhead daughter.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Well, they sure wiped the casting slate clean. I hate that we lose Weber's hot redhead daughter.

Leane Lapp is a looker.
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
No, they all do it to varying degrees. I'm pretty sure that Liv's zombie boyfriend from S1 had the same thing going on.

Side note, if you haven't watched Veronica Mars you really should. It's a decent show.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
Leane Lapp is a looker.
Rule One
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:

Veronica Mars and Party Down are badass

I really liked this season. Very clever and origional. Casting is really good too.
Ragoo
AG
I am, allllllready dead.

My wife watches this show. She is a huge VM fan.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
I think she would have made a really cool character, now that she is (was) a zombie. Especially since she hates her dad so much. Sorry to see her killed.
TX scallywAG
AG
I'm a big fan of Veronica Mars & Party Down. Meant to catch this one from the beginning but missed it.

Any way to stream or watch S1 for free (I have a login to CW via Dish)? Assuming I'll have to buy the DVD/BR or DL each episode for $2.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
jabberwalkie09
AG
The first season is on Netflix.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
I'm a big fan of Veronica Mars & Party Down. Meant to catch this one from the beginning but missed it.

Any way to stream or watch S1 for free (I have a login to CW via Dish)? Assuming I'll have to buy the DVD/BR or DL each episode for $2.
S1 is on Netflix. Possibly on Amazon Prime as well.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
I am, allllllready dead.

My wife watches this show. She is a huge VM fan.

Been watching the past week and a half and have that opening stuck in my head
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.