Cobain documentary, HBO, May.

2,013 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
VanZandt92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm out in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico with poor connection, so not gonna try and post a link. It's called "Montage of Heck". I know most of the story, but seeing it in pictures will be cool.
Post removed:
by user
Duncan Idaho
Never understood the love that he got.

Boo Weekley
He killed himself. So people love him.
Al Bula
AG
I'm about halfway through and am blown away by two thing:
1. the use of old home movies, journal entries and Cobain artwork - really adds something to this documentary to make it even more visually incredible
2. the people around him in his life are totally being too dramatic in this - his mom is lying her ass off in this documentary, so is his ex-gf, even Novoselic has a tear jerking moment about not fully understanding his suicidal tendencies...

it is more entertaining than not, worth it to watch as a child of the 90s.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What part are the mom and fat ex lying about?
Al Bula
AG
quote:
What part are the mom and fat ex lying about?
There's no way half the lines the mom had weren't trumped up garbage to make a better story. Also no way the didn't ex didn't know Cobain was shooting up while he lived with her.

I can't prove they lied but the realist parts of the documentary were the home videos. Otherwise it's all dramatic flare mixed with some very cool Cobain art and animation.
Mose Schrute
AG
**** SPOILER ALERT ****

It was the blonde with the shotgun in the bedroom
Jim01
AG
Just watched it and thought it wasn't too great. I was never a big Nirvana fan though.

Thoughts:
- He seemed like a truly f*cked up individual. Just disturbed period.
- I didn't get what was so bad about his childhood. Ok, his parents divorced, but everything else seemed like a pretty normal existence. If it was bad the doc did a poor job at providing any examples. Just seemed like he was the cause of most of it.
- It was too long. Just dragged on. The title was fitting though as it was just one montage after another of his weird artwork and noises.
- Courtney as usual comes off bad. He was seemingly getting better. She almost cheats and then he tries suicide, then soon after succeeds.
- The two people I would want to see the most weren't in it, Dave Grohl and Frances Bean.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Dave Grohl was interviewed but apparently it was too late to be included in this cut. Not sure why they couldn't get his part included.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dave should've been in it.

**** Courtney Love.
Bunk Moreland
just finally got around to watching this and I thought it was terrible. Just a poorly made documentary. 2 hours of nothing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.