Blackhat

3,577 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Simplebay
Phat32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Avoid.

Pacing is horrible, plot is very weak. The script doesn't give Hemsworth anything to do.

They say relatively close to actual hacking, but I think that will bore the mainstream audience.

Another Mann flop.
Duncan Idaho
Unless you fell asleep when they were hacking, ut wasn't close to the real thing.
Phat32
AG
As close as I would expect Hollywood to get, is probably a better way to put it.

That was no where near the top 10 of this movie's problems.
jeffk
AG
You mean all hackers aren't action hero Navy SEAL-types?
IrishAg
Wasn't horrible, but I wasn't upset I watched it. I do agree on the pacing, it was pretty bad. I was actually surprised at the realistic pieces that they brought in for hacking (aside the usual Hollywood unrealistic big government hacking scene), problem is most real computer attacks and hacks are boring to watch and are very time consuming, so it's tough to put on the big screen.
chipotle
I knew better after watching the previews. 2/10 Will Not Redbox.
Pro Ag
AG
I am glad I checked the RT user score. There are plenty of movies that critics score ends up in the 30s that are entertaining for me. Seeing users at the same percentage made me stay away yesterday.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
Wasn't horrible, but I wasn't upset I watched it. I do agree on the pacing, it was pretty bad. I was actually surprised at the realistic pieces that they brought in for hacking (aside the usual Hollywood unrealistic big government hacking scene), problem is most real computer attacks and hacks are boring to watch and are very time consuming, so it's tough to put on the big screen.

Yes. It was horrible. What a crap movie. At least the theatre I saw it in served alcohol. The lead actress was the worst I have ever seen. I have never complain about a movie I've paid to see, but this totally suck ace.
scubasteve304
AG
Saw it last night just to watch something. Theater was practically empty. But even though I know it was bad, I didn't hate it. Somehow I was able to switch off my brain and enjoy all the Mann skyscraper lingering. Completely understand that 95% of everyone else will hate it though.

Plot and pacing definitely are everywhere. Love story forced. The circuit swooping straight out of the 90s that TCTTS mentioned in another thread was laughable. Hemsworth being an MIT Genius/Jason Bourne is eyeroll worthy. But Hemsworth was solid and Viola Davis was good IMO even though they don't have much meat to work with.

Most comical parts are Hemsworth's inability to ever button his shirt and him trying to be inconspicuous in Asia by wearing a hat and glasses when he's like 2 feet taller than everyone else.
Simplebay
AG
Watched this tonight. What the fk has happened to Michael Mann??

Shots of Hong Kong loomed great. gun sounds were of course great.

But....ummm....hacked the NSA with a keylogger? How'd he get access to their email servers? Girl literally falls in love with him within 5 minutes? Why was he in on the SWAT raids? Did he fking enter a nuclear reactor that was literally in meltdown?magazines can slow down bullets? The fat social worker from Dragon Tattoo, why was he trying to kill Hacker Thor when he had his money? How was Hacker Thor able to Kill Troy Polamalu so easily when he was clearly holding the gun like Hemsworth had received no gun training?

This made Miami Vice look good. And I was hoping for a Collateral. Whoops.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.