***Marvel's Agent Carter***

28,832 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did she really pull a Titanic on Steve's blood?
TexasAggie_02
AG
i was watching the Avengers the other day and noticed that Sousa was a NYC Cop in the scene where Cap jumps on the car and starts giving them orders.

R0GUE
AG
quote:
i was watching the Avengers the other day and noticed that Sousa was a NYC Cop in the scene where Cap jumps on the car and starts giving them orders.

One of my buddies pointed that out to me, and we decided that at least in our own minds, that was Sousa's grandkid.
Hulla Baller
AG
Renewed for season 2. Great news!
MSCAg
AG
Good, I liked Agent Carter a lot more than SHIELD.
redline248
AG
Wonder what the big bad will be for this season?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I wonder if they'd ever play her against 10 Rings (The Manderin's group from Iron Man 1 and the Marvel 1-shot all hail the king).

A season of her forming SHIELD and leading the west against the soviets would be pretty cool, too.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Good, I liked Agent Carter a lot more than SHIELD.

Definitely. Much more interesting, and love the sets and art direction with the 50's Art Deco style.

SHIELD is ok, but it's pretty mediocre compared to the MCU films and Daredevil. The only thing really exceptional about it in my opinion is Coulson. Oh and that Skye is really hot.
redline248
AG
SHIELD would be better if Fitz wasn't lessened from his injury and they weren't constantly dealing with trying to operate in secret b/c someone wants to shut them down. I still like it, but it has fallen into the same trap that long season network shows fall into. Bogging down with minor advancement, black and white character types, and getting too many plots going at once.
Duncan Idaho
Shield should have stuck to a monster/relic of the week formula.

No need for all these long and complicated stories.
ScottH_01
AG
quote:
SHIELD would be better if Fitz wasn't lessened from his injury and they weren't constantly dealing with trying to operate in secret b/c someone wants to shut them down. I still like it, but it has fallen into the same trap that long season network shows fall into. Bogging down with minor advancement, black and white character types, and getting too many plots going at once.
Um... you've watched what, 3/4 episodes this season? B/c it is pretty obvious that you have not watched very much this year.
redline248
AG
I've watched the whole thing. What am I wrong about?

Do they barely move along until the episode before Ultron hit? Yes

Is Fitz exactly the same as before his injury? No, he's getting closer, though

Are characters like Mack, Gonzalez and now Gemma completely black and white? Yes

Has SHIELD been completely underground? Yes, running first from the US government and then essentially running from the "real shield"
ScottH_01
AG
quote:

Are characters like Mack, Gonzalez and now Gemma completely black and white? Yes

Has SHIELD been completely underground? Yes, running first from the US government and then essentially running from the "real shield"

Well Gemma is white, I mean she's british, so that is about as white as you can get. I'd say Mack and Gonzalez are definitely not completely white or black.

But no, no one who has actually watched this season would say that the plot barley moved along until Ultron hit.

You've maybe read some Wikipedia articles, but you obviously have not been watching the season.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

Well Gemma is white, I mean she's british, so that is about as white as you can get. I'd say Mack and Gonzalez are definitely not completely white or black.

But no, no one who has actually watched this season would say that the plot barley moved along until Ultron hit.

You've maybe read some Wikipedia articles, but you obviously have not been watching the season.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore since you can't even tell I was not talking about skin color.
BigRobSA
quote:
quote:

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

Come on now, you're being kind of disingenuous to the the entire season.

Lots of moving parts this season. Let us name a few: SHIELD vs. real shield, Skye's powers, Inhumans being introduced, HYDRA with Whitehall continued to be a thorn, and Ward doing Ward things. So tell me, has the plot of the show really barely gone anywhere?

Not sure how Fitz's rehabilitation plays into this or is at all relevant to measuring the progress of the story....

Gemma is probably the most morally gray character on the show now given her actions towards Ward in the latest episode. She has gone from these are the rules, to the ends justify the means..... Mack I'll agree is a black and white character, but Gonzalez we didn't see enough to really find out. Though I'd venture a guess that he was a end justifies the means as well. Remember, he wanted to go attack the Inhumans solely because of them being a perceived threat.

Shield has been working with Talbot in a few episodes after SHIELD gained the upper hand... Not sure how you have missed that... Granted, mostly to Talbot's benefit IIRC.
ScottH_01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not going to argue with you anymore since you can't even tell I was not talking about skin color.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Neither was I.

Since you missed it, I was highlighting your ridiculously shallow interpretations of the characters and plot progression of the show.

You are so far from correct in your statements about the show this season that like I have said twice before that you have not watched more than a handful of episodes this season if any. All you are doing is copying & pasting the generalized statements about season 1 and did a quick Google search to grab a couple of additional characters from this season.

I'm not arguing with you, you haven't watched the show so you don't actually care, so why would I waste my effort arguing with you? I'm just pointing out your BS.
texasaggie04
AG
I would assume that the number of plot lines is about to decrease to a central one, shield versus inhumans.

I think the avengers movie began the phase out of hydra as a major plot, and the death of Gonzalez will probably phase out old shield versus new shield.
israeliag
AG
quote:
I would assume that the number of plot lines is about to decrease to a central one, shield versus inhumans.

I think the avengers movie began the phase out of hydra as a major plot, and the death of Gonzalez will probably phase out old shield versus new shield.
Plus the Ward plot line. But, that's for a different thread.
benMath08
AG
quote:
Shield should have stuck to a monster/relic of the week formula.

No need for all these long and complicated stories.
Could not disagree more.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:

Plus the Ward plot line. But, that's for a different thread.
The new Ward plot line seems to indicate otherwise....
TexasAggie_02
AG
why is there a SHIELD p*ssing match in the agent carter thread?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.