*** DC Extended Universe ***

789,633 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by TCTTS
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I've basically forgotten this movie is coming. Not excited about it at all. And I generally enjoyed the first one.

Just kinda meh about comic book movies these days.
The two best comic book films by far this year have been Spider-Verse and TMNT.
AgfromHOU
AG
Looks fun

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Amber Heard with one second of screentime in that trailer.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Looks about like I expected. Yes, meh, but probably a fun couple of hours in the theater or living room, depending on where one first chooses to see this.
#FJB
IronRed13
AG
One trident to rule them all?
YouBet
AG
We saw that trailer the other night and wife turns to me and just says: "No." First time she has ever said no to Momoa.

In other news, I noticed this on Wiki about Harley Quinn:

Quote:

DC Comics Publisher Jim Lee considers Harley Quinn the fourth pillar of DC Comics' publishing line, behind Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.
This seems surprising to me...and essentially confirms the massive drop off and lack of bench strength with DC. But maybe that's just me.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Harley Quinn is a character who resonates really well with modern audiences. I'm often surprised how many people know and love the character. It helps that Margo Robbie has played her in several movies. It also helps that she's a compelling original character in a comic book universe full of characters written decades ago for audiences who don't exist anymore.
AggieLitigator
That trailer actually looks amazing and I'm not a big DC guy
GreasenUSA
AG
AggieLitigator said:

That trailer actually looks amazing and I'm not a big DC guy
Yeah, much better than the teaser from the other night.
Sex Panther
AG
I wouldn't put Harley behind Joker, but I understand what Jim Lee is saying with that...

Nevertheless, the rise of Harley Quinn from a sidekick created for Batman TAS is definitely pretty remarkable
YouBet
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

Harley Quinn is a character who resonates really well with modern audiences. I'm often surprised how many people know and love the character. It helps that Margo Robbie has played her in several movies. It also helps that she's a compelling original character in a comic book universe full of characters written decades ago for audiences who don't exist anymore.
She's a psychotic, sadist, and violent female. I guess that does makes sense for modern audiences.
BowSowy
AG
Never underestimate the horny factor
The Porkchop Express
Jason Momoa has entered late-90s Bruce Willis territory where his character should just be named "Jason Momoa" in every movie he's in.
TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
Thought this was worth sharing here. I'm super far removed from the DCU (don't think I've watched a single film from this franchise) and even I found this interesting as this seemed like it would have been a pretty decent/interesting film had it been able to be produced….

It sounds like a good bit of this is new information as well…

[url] [/url]
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

Which is kinda funny because I think they did almost just as good a job with casting those characters as Marvel did.
AgfromHOU
AG
Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow has a writer, and Gunn is raving about the script. "Above anything I hoped it would be"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/supergirl-movie-woman-of-tomorrow-writer-1235646953/
TCTTS
AG
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9663764/
December 22, 2023
Theatrical Exclusive

bluefire579
AG
A bit tangential to the DCEU (Snyder or Gunn), but this looks absolutely wild. Not really an anime fan, but might still have to watch this one.

bearamedic99
AG
I finally watched Blue Beetle. It was generic but far from horrible. The mid-credits scene gives me hope of one seeing Ted Kord with/without Booster on the big screen. I'd love for a throwback movie with him and the JL International, set in the 80s.
Andrew Dufresne
Bought a huge used blu ray lot off of eBay and these animated DC movies were included.

Worth keeping? Which ones should I check out first?

Blanco Jimenez
AG
I like all of those. The Animated Universe is better than the Cinematic.
TCTTS
AG
AgfromHOU
AG
I mean.. I usually go to all CBMs opening weekend and am not going to this one.
Sapper Redux
How woke is it? That's probably the problem.
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

Taking my wife to see it for the exact same reason I took her to see the first one.

EQUALS

TCTTS
AG
This one is all about his transition to Aquawoman, which will definitely be keeping me and my family away!
rhutton125
AG
All I know about it is that the trailer gave away the entire thing. Also it's an irrelevant/dead universe.
TCTTS
AG
Oof.

The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

Oof.

I get they're changing directions but it seems really unprofessional to take these giant dumps on their stars.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, relative to the budget of the movie itself, it seems like throwing a proper premiere would basically be pocket change in comparison. I don't get whey they're not at least doing what is considered the bare minimum for most other blockbusters, unless the movie really is that bad...
TXAG 05
AG
I had completely forgotten that this movie even existed until I saw a commercial for it on tv earlier tonight. Looks terrible and the those posts about not having a premiere sounds like they think it's a turd too.
jokershady
AG
Haven't seen a single DCU movie….and even I could tell this was going to fail….

When you announce 6 months prior that the entire DCU will get rebooted and start from scratch…..why the hell would anyone pay to see a pointless movie????

There's no stakes….who cares if there's a surprise death or character appearance or insane outcome??? It'll all amount to nothing.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
They could have worked harder to say their remaining DCU movies were fun standalone movies, but muddied the waters with mixed messages about what actors were coming back and which movies were building toward the new James Gunnverse.

Most movies we watch are standalone movies. Theres nothing wrong with that. It often strains the storytelling when you try to stretch something into a larger universe (marvel has struggled a lot with that during this multiverse stage).

Just tell a good standalone movie and don't worry about what's happening beyond it. That's the message DC should have been pitching with its final movies of this dying universe.
Thanks and gig'em
Sapper Redux
jokershady said:

Haven't seen a single DCU movie….and even I could tell this was going to fail….

When you announce 6 months prior that the entire DCU will get rebooted and start from scratch…..why the hell would anyone pay to see a pointless movie????

There's no stakes….who cares if there's a surprise death or character appearance or insane outcome??? It'll all amount to nothing.

I mean, that's how movies used to be until you had to place everything in a shared universe. Now movies are treated like seasons of a tv show rather than as standalone experiences. Even the early Marvel movies just hinted at the broader connections rather than forcing everything into a singular narrative towards a singular goal.
First Page
Page 218 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.