Homeland season 4 starts tonight

40,038 Views | 340 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Max Power
Post removed:
by user
Bonfire1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They will try. Carrie will somehow get in touch with Quinn and let him know what's up just before his team tries to double-cross him. Quinn kills the entire team and tells Dar Hadal that he is coming for him. Dar Hadal leans on Saul as new director to protect him and take Quinn out. Saul is in a serious dilemma, Carrie is teetering on going rouge with Quinn, Lockhart begins to work with Carrie and Quinn.

Boom, Season 5 is halfway done.
Worm01
AG
People are talking about the lack of belief that Saul would sell out like that, but that's far from the least believable part. We're supposed to believe that a CIA "official" reached out to the most wanted terrorist in the world, who we have been trying to kill for a decade, and promised to stop trying to kill him if he promised to stop harboring and advancing terrorism, then the two just shook hands on it and said "Welp, see ya later."??? Good lord, that's dumb. Why would either side honor that deal, or believe that the other side would honor it?
Post removed:
by user
Bonfire1996
AG
I think Saul took the deal to keep an eye on Hadal and everyone else. Saul wanting to get back in is indicative of a person who feels that only he can fix the problems that took place in Pakistan during season 4.
Represent830
AG
Hey Bonefire, it's "Dar Adal".
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Why throw this Carrie crap and her mom at us in the finale... Freaking kills this finale.
Jock 07
AG
Don't know why but for some reason I had this crazy thought last night that Adal had something to do with Carey's dad's death
ellebee
quote:
They will try. Carrie will somehow get in touch with Quinn and let him know what's up just before his team tries to double-cross him. Quinn kills the entire team and tells Dar Hadal that he is coming for him.

Dang i didnt even realize this is what was happening.

But yes, pretty lame. I want the personal stories to be in the background.
Fairview
AG
There's not much more to say other than after the best season since the first they stunk it up with this finale. Thankfully, they didn't go full stupid and kill Quinn.
RDV-1992
Been watching this show. Can't stand Carrie. Wanted Quinn to detonate her + the terrorist.
aggie93
AG
If they could have somehow re-introduced Dana then the show would have been perfect in destroying what was a pretty great season with the worst finale of all time.

Who cares about Carrie's Mom? Now we get to see Carrie try to play at being a Mom herself suddenly too? What is with all the crap with Carrie suddenly caring about her Dad? She is at her best being selfish and ruthless. Do we really have to have her try to re-establish some normal life so she can blow it up again? Puke.

I do hope that somehow Saul is setting up Dar in some way or has an ulterior motive. It makes no sense for him just to take the CIA job and be beholden to the guy that kidnapped him.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Agree. Saul better have a bigger plan in the works.

That whole episode was beyond awful.
Worm01
AG
They introduced Carrie's mom to setup the story about her Mom leaving her Dad for reasons other than the bipolar thing, to convince her she could be in a relationship after all, to push her into wanting to pursue things with Quinn. Essentially, they went a long way around to make a point that no one really cares about in the first place.

But, Carrie has always had a soft spot for her Dad. He was the only one that could talk sense into her when she was in her manic states in the first two seasons. Plus, they needed to show a Carrie that was more emotional about family and others to show how much the Islamabad fiasco had affected her. Losing Farrah like that really did a number on her. As did "losing" and not figuring out Haqqani's plan sooner.
Post removed:
by user
FHUAggie
quote:
I do hope that somehow Saul is setting up Dar in some way or has an ulterior motive. It makes no sense for him just to take the CIA job and be beholden to the guy that kidnapped him.
Random long-shot:

I just thought that, potentially, if Saul is teaming up with Dar with no ulterior motive against Dar, could this simply be the middle-finger to Carrie for betraying him in the tribal lands, allowing him to be captured after Carrie promised him she was leaving him out? After all, he'd take over the CIA again, and would have full control over Carrie.

Long-shot, possibly even stupid, but just a thought I had after reading the above quote.

Post removed:
by user
Bunk Moreland
Yeah Saul is happy to be alive. He's back in the game and still has his wife by his side. Whatever **** he was saying in Pakistan is over.

What may happen though is Saul having to be in a similar situation and making the call to take out Haquanni with Quinn in the kill zone, and taking the shot.
MW13
AG
Ya that was pretty terrible. To be so good up to that point was a pretty major letdown.

Surely Saul is playing the long game and Quinn is not a bout to die. The letter on top sure made it seem otherwise though. If he does which causes Carrie to go even more psycho and Saul is castrated I may be out on a show I've really loved.

Luckily the Americans is starting in a month.
Madmarttigan
AG
Peter is like Daryl in Walking Dead for me. If one of those characters dies, I'm out.
drewbie08
AG
Overall I was underwhelmed by the finale as well. The season was so much better than the past two, so it was a bit of a disappointment. My thoughts:

They were trying to show Carrie having been changed from Islamabad and the massacre there. She seemed to care more about people than the mission. I thought the Mom coming back into her life was a little drawn out,
but I understand the purpose for those scenes. I thought the episode was setting up for Carrie and Peter to realize they want to be together and make it work, but then something bad happened on US soil and they had to go back into action.

The Saul decision baffled me unless he has an ulterior motive. At least in my recollection Saul hasn't been a power hungry individual, and so him agreeing to drop Haqqani for the CIA job doesn't make any sense. As
others have said, he was ready to be sacrificed in order for them to kill Haqqani, but now he will just let him go?

If in Season 5 they don't bring back Haqqani or at least provide some resolution to that I'll be put off. They spent 12 episodes this season about him and then just decide to make a deal with him? I'll let it play
out but I'm hoping he's a big part of season 5. I think Haqqani has some vital information from Dar or something bad about him, and he's somewhat blackmailing Dar for. Dar in turn is in bed with Haqqani. Dar knows that Carrie, Saul and Peter knew he was in the car with Haqqani. He has Saul bottled up (so he
thinks; I think Saul might be playing him), Carrie is a mess but listens to Saul, and Peter on a "highly dangerous" special ops mission that a mistaken stray bullet could end his life.

TL;DR I loved this season of Homeland even with the lackluster finale, and will anxiously wait for season 5 to come out next year.
PooDoo
AG
I'm just surprised Carrie didn't bang her half brother...

Seems like they are setting it up like Peter is going to die & Carrie will focus on raising her kid like her mom.
Represent830
AG
quote:
He has Saul bottled up (so he
thinks; I think Saul might be playing him),

This is my hangup. That's not Saul's character to play politics, so what's his angle? You think he would just meet up with Dar, have him give him the video, and not pursue how in the world Dar would've gotten ahold of it? Saul is smarter than that.
SeattleAgJr
http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/12/homeland-terrorism-season-5/
Here is cover-your-ass bull****:
But the executive also firmly emphasized a decision has not yet been made and the story's villain will be chosen for creative reasons and to avoid repetition rather than the recent terror attacks in Europe.

Why even float this balloon. Do the story you want (especially as there is a definite cliffhanger involving a Muslim story line).
Al Bula
AG
I wouldn't mind a slight deviation from the current storyline but still think there's lots of stuff they could do with Carrie.

It's pure crap though to deviate from radical Islam just to be PC when they have come so far.
aggie93
AG
quote:
They introduced Carrie's mom to setup the story about her Mom leaving her Dad for reasons other than the bipolar thing, to convince her she could be in a relationship after all, to push her into wanting to pursue things with Quinn. Essentially, they went a long way around to make a point that no one really cares about in the first place.

But, Carrie has always had a soft spot for her Dad. He was the only one that could talk sense into her when she was in her manic states in the first two seasons. Plus, they needed to show a Carrie that was more emotional about family and others to show how much the Islamabad fiasco had affected her. Losing Farrah like that really did a number on her. As did "losing" and not figuring out Haqqani's plan sooner.

I understand and agree that is what they were doing, I just don't give a **** about it anymore than I did with Brodie trying to re-connect with Dana.
Max Power
AG
Finally watched it this weekend, courtesy of the showtime free preview. Really enjoyed this season overall, which allowed me to binge it. Definitely agree the last episode was weak.

Edit: just saw season 5 evidently taking place in Berlin.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.