*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,346,658 Views | 27139 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by redline248
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now that I got the Spider Man 2099 suit, I'm sticking with that one for the rest of the game.

Always loved that one.

And the game is great.
rhutton125
AG
Salt in the wound. I need this ASAP! And I need it on a Pro!
AgLiving06
TCTTS said:

AgLiving06 said:

Wheatables02 said:

TCTTS said:

The Disney streaming service is rumored to only be around $6 per month at the outset.
for me, its still goodbye to Netflix. Hello Disney.

I agree.

Largely because the Netflix platform is just so terrible that I generally have no idea what is actually new to watch.

I generally have to go to Netflix already knowing what I want to watch in order to go search for it because nothing ever shows up where it is supposed to.

I don't think I've ever opened up Netflix without knowing the exact show I was going to watch. For me, cable is what I "surf" and streaming apps are there to provide the shows I already know about or have read about in advance. Maybe I'm just older (?), and am more used to cable, but I don't know that I'll ever use streaming apps to randomly discover something.

I agree with you, and I think that's a problem for Netflix who is spending so much to buy and or create shows.

If not for this forum, I'd likely not be aware of the majority of new/good shows that exist on Netflix. I'm willing to bet I'm an outlier in the general population that search forums.

So for all their new shows they are spending millions on, it's darn near impossible to figure out what is new and should be watched.

For example, when Black Panther came out, it didn't show up anywhere unless I searched for it. It took several days before it even showed upon their "new to netflix" section.
jtstanley4621
AG
fig96 said:

Sex Panther said:

Anyone playing the new Spider-Man game? It's amazing.
Yup, it's really fantastic. Gameplay is Arkham-esque with a Spidey twist, super fun.

Yep. Highly enjoying it. Going around the city is nearly worth the price alone, so fun to just explore and go up buildings
TexasAggie_02
AG

interesting IW theory

TLDW:

What if Odin's gauntlet wasn't fake? what if long ago, Odin wielded all of the stones when he conquered the 9 realms with Hela. After realizing how mad with power he was, he banished Hela and hid the stones, using the reality stone to create the various containers (tesseract, scepter, etc).

This could explain how various Asguardians received their powers. Like how Scarlet witch got her powers from the mind stone, perhaps Odin gave Heimdal his powers with the soul stone, Loki and Frigga got their powers of deception from the reality stone, and created the bifrost with the space stone.

Also, that Vormir was created by Odin to house the soul stone. So Odin never had to make a sacrifice when he first gathered it, but after banishing Hela, he makes it to where anyone searching for the soul stone would have to pay an enormous price.

Bit of a stretch, but kind of a fun theory.
Malachi Constant
AG
I like the part suggesting how all of the super weapons that people have are actually born from the power of a stone. Good way to tie the universe together.
hurleyag
AG
Which would bring up the question of if we get a stone in Captain Marvel.
bearamedic99
AG
there is no "u" in Asgard, Asgardians, etc for future reference.
swimmerbabe11
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156575930944787&id=500379786
TexasAggie_02
jackie childs
I saw that Sean Gunn recently said/confirmed that Disney still planned to use James Gunn's GOTG 3 script.

i always figured that would be the case and while i'm sure the new director will have some edits or re-writes, hopefully this will go a long way toward maintaining the GOTG vibe. i think it probably also serves as the "public rationale" that the cast will cite for why they're all coming back...you know, not because they'd be sued for breach of contract.

TexasAggie_02
AG
jackie childs said:

I saw that Sean Gunn recently said/confirmed that Disney still planned to use James Gunn's GOTG 3 script.

i always figured that would be the case and while i'm sure the new director will have some edits or re-writes, hopefully this will go a long way toward maintaining the GOTG vibe. i think it probably also serves as the "public rationale" that the cast will cite for why they're all coming back...you know, not because they'd be sued for breach of contract.

i think that they pretty much had to use it b/c of the way unions work in hollywood. They could re-write 99.99% of the script, and would still have to give James Gunn 1st writing credit. The script is already paid for, so just use it.
TajMaballer
AG
I think that's what happened on the first Guardians script. Nicole Perlman wrote the first draft, then Gunn went through and added his touches. Both are credited as co-writers.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
fig96
AG
So in.
americathegreat1492
Are we not talking about this?

Bruce Almighty
AG
americathegreat1492 said:

Are we not talking about this?

Yea, like 10 pages ago.
americathegreat1492
Damn. Picked the wrong time to crawl out from under my rock.
redline248
AG
Why are they trying to make her look like the Phoenix?

Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

If by Phoenix you mean Thor.
TCTTS
AG
Grainy set pics, but it's something...

KidDoc
AG
TCTTS said:

Grainy set pics, but it's something...

This makes me happy as one of my exam room art pieces is an old Spider-Man comic that features Mysterio and the kids are always asking who it is since he hasn't been in a movie yet.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TCTTS
AG
That's awesome. I wonder if he'll have the helmet?
Liquid Wrench
As CGI evolves, Hollywood will eventually give glowing cosmic energy eyes to everyone. Even the waitress and cab drivers in RomComs.
Noblemen06
AG
Costume looks Thor-ish
TCTTS
AG
Who, exactly, is Mysterio? Is he a human with powers or is he from another planet/realm ala Thor?
KidDoc
AG
TCTTS said:

Who, exactly, is Mysterio? Is he a human with powers or is he from another planet/realm ala Thor?
Human with tech powers, kind of lame but many Marvel villians are pretty simple and one dimensional.

Quote:

Debuting in The Amazing Spider-Man #13, Mysterio is Quentin Beck, a special effects wizard and stunt man working for a major Hollywood studio with dreams of making a name for himself in the film industry. However, he came to see his career in special effects as a dead-end job. His attempts to become an actor were poorly received, but he realized that his expertise in illusions could make him an effective supervillain
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
Now that I think of it... TCTTS may be Mysterio <gasp> !
MooreTrucker
AG
*GASP!!!* That would explain SOOO much!!
TCTTS
AG
jeffk
AG
But where did the lighter fluid come from, TexAgs?
Bruce Almighty
AG
TCTTS said:

It's a mystery.
MGS
Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

If by Phoenix you mean Thor.

Or maybe her vegan bassist.
YouBet
AG
KidDoc said:

TCTTS said:

Human with tech powers, kind of lame but many Marvel villians are pretty simple and one dimensional.

Quote:

Debuting in The Amazing Spider-Man #13, Mysterio is Quentin Beck, a special effects wizard and stunt man working for a major Hollywood studio with dreams of making a name for himself in the film industry. However, he came to see his career in special effects as a dead-end job. His attempts to become an actor were poorly received, but he realized that his expertise in illusions could make him an effective supervillain

Actually, more so with DC. Just sayin'.....
KidDoc
AG
YouBet said:

KidDoc said:

TCTTS said:

Quote:

Actually, more so with DC. Just sayin'.....
Oh I agree 100% DC is pretty bad with the bad guys. Honestly it is amazing how good the modern comic movies are with how thin the story lines are in general. It is one of my lifetime head scratchers as a 40's year old how Netflix has ended up with the interesting heroes/villians that are a bit more grey than the movies yet managed to mess them up a bit.

Give me more Grimjack/Dredd/Moonknight/Daredevil/Cage and less Superman/Cyclops goodie goodie.

What is even more frustrating is the mess that Fox made of the most interesting characters in Magneto & Wolverine-- talk about some gray area characters and they manage to totally muck up the timelines.
First Page Last Page
Page 303 of 776

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.