Has John Wick been discussed?

7,156 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
- That small-town police don't interfere (that scene was greatness).

That cop was Thomas Sadoski from The Newsroom. He grew up in College Station, and his dad's a prof at A&M.
hunterjr81
Saw it Friday night. Two thumbs up! Wife didn't like it but who cares.
rjamizon
Watched the first hour of this movie tonight. I like 80s to early 90s action movies like Commando, Predator, Die Hard, True Lies. This movie fits right in. I'm really enjoying it.
Madmarttigan
AG
Watched this on demand the other night. I really enjoyed the gun fighting style, and I enjoyed the movie overall. I also enjoyed the Equalizer, but I think as far as revenge flicks go John Wick was a little better. IT was an interesting perspective that the bad guy was actually scared ****less of the good guy lol.
jlb2957
AG
quote:
Long takes, no jerky edits, camerawork that flowed with the action instead of that hand-held s**t. Great work. I hope this leads to bigger and better things.
Saw this the other night and this is spot on. It's refreshing to get an action flick that allows me to actually see the action.

Solid movie with great action and one in which KR fit perfectly into. Would recommend.
Cancelled
AG
OP here. I finally saw it. The wife and I loved it. No complaints.
FAST FRED
AG
I just watched it via NETFLIX.

Above average Keanu Reeves flick, IMO.

But it was nothing special or memorable, except probably to his fans.

And I recommend this particular motion picture experience to them wholeheartedly.

For them it's a don't dare miss performance.

Perhaps it might be worthy as a slow night rental for others.

I thought "Payback" with Mel Gibson," "Leon: The Professional" featuring Natalie Portman, "The Outlaw Josey Wales" with Clint Eastwood, and even "The Lone Ranger" with Johnny Depp playing Tonto were better. more interestimg and more exciting films within the Revenge genre.

And I really dug Maria Bello as vengeful authoress and rape victim Tess Thorne in recent TV movie "Big Driver" (from a Stephen King story) too.

However, Keanu is always Keanu and that's who and what you'll always get in his films.

For better or for worse.

Just as Tom Cruise is permanently Tom Cruise and Sandra Bullock is forever Sandra Bullock.

Very good or even excellent performances are certainly attainable, whenever they are cast, scripted and supported appropriately.

As in "Collateral" or "The Blind Side."

But expect, foresee or desire their thespian efforts to be otherwise only at your own discretion and cinematic peril.

JMO.
Gig 'em, FAST FRED, '65.

Before the world wide web, village idiots usually stayed in their own village.
Cancelled
AG
Indeed Payback is vastly superior.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
aaawwwwwwwwwwwwww hell yeah!

Get ready for John Wick 2

"John Wick" star Keanu Reeves, directors David Leitch and Chad Stahelski and screenwriter Derek Kolstad are all returning for sequel "John Wick 2," Lionsgate announced Monday.

In the followup to last year's adrenaline-fueled revenge and redemption thriller, legendary hit man John Wick is back.

"With such tremendous fan and critical support for 'John Wick,' we knew that there was still so much more of this story to tell," said Jason Constantine, President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions at Lionsgate in a statement. "We are thrilled that Keanu, David and Chad have re-teamed with us and promise to bring audiences even more excitement the second time around."
Cancelled
AG
I'm vure excite
Jasomania
AG

John Wick will Avenge you all
GiveEmHellBill
AG
We need somebody to mash together scenes of Keanu Reeves killin' Russian dudes set to the sound of that Sara McLachlan song.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.