Horrible Bosses 2!

9,391 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AgPediRPh
Jacques
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Of course it's a money grab. I'm sure they don't think they're making Citizen Kane. That doesn't mean it won't be funny.
20ag07
quote:
Also, there is no need for a sequel to horrible bosses. This is a total money grab.
I'd love to see a list of comedy sequels that weren't a total money grab. Comedies weren't made to be sequelized. But sometimes it's fun to go bac again.

That said, I'd expect this to be more Hangover than American Pie 2 or 22 Jump Street.
COOL LASER FALCON
I rewatched the first one last night and I think this might set up well for a sequel. The pitfall for comedy sequels is obviously that they use the same jokes and bits as the originals. But when you compare Horrible Bosses to a movie whose sequel was pretty bad like Anchorman or Hangover, it was actually pretty plot-driven as opposed to the group of characters just getting in to funny situations. Already in the trailer you see Bateman and Anniston and those two didn't share a single scene in the original.

It very well may turn out to be bad, but I don't think it will be bad for the reason most comedy sequels are.
NoHo Hank
AG
When I say money grab, I mean that they are going to recycle the same jokes rather than bring something new. The only thing the trailer showed is that all the characters are slightly less funny versions of themselves from the first movie. Given that, I think the enthusiasm is misplaced. Maybe I will be wrong.
watty
AG
Wow, you really gleaned a lot from that trailer.
Jacques
quote:
Comedies weren't made to be sequelized.

I don't know that I'd go so far as to say that. In fact, in some ways, they're perfect sequel candidates.

The Hangover trilogy, in being a bad one, illustrates how you **** it up.

Basically, comedies are the perfect cinematic comfort food. Of the movies that I will return to for that purpose, most often they are comedies.

Where the Hangover ****ed up was it took all the comfort out of it. The second one was just way too edgy and UNcomfortable.

If these guys are smart they'll keep this on a totally fun, dumb level. The slow walk bit showed that's kind of where they are.
Fairview
AG
The Cornetto Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The Worlds End) is a good example of how to do it right.
Seven Psycho Ags
When do we get the 'Burbs 2: Burb Harder?
Jacques
quote:
When do we get the 'Burbs 2: Burb Harder?

Funny you mention that one, because that is one of my favorite "comfort food" movies.
Daveintx
The Naked Gun trilogy would like to have a talk with you......
Sensei John Kreese
AG
Aniston, Farrell, and Fox were the only interesting or likeable characters in Horrible Bosses. I like Bateman as an actor but Day play the same character in every film; a dimwit. Day and his bumbling delivery become stale quickly.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Aniston, Farrell, and Fox were the only interesting or likeable characters in Horrible Bosses. I like Bateman as an actor but Day play the same character in every film; a dimwit. Day and his bumbling delivery become stale quickly.

Can we hang out? You sound like lots of fun.
watty
AG
quote:
Day play the same character in every film

People always say this like it's a bad thing. It's not. You know also played the same character every time? Kramer on Seinfeld. And every recurring t.v. character ever. Tim Duncan plays the same stoic power forward with solid fundamentals every time. It's still enjoyable to watch. I get that those are not 100% parallel, but the spirit behind them is a fair analogy. If someone is good at doing something, I want them to keep doing that same thing. I will watch and enjoy that. You knew what type of character you were getting out of Chris Farley. You know what you're getting out of Day. Sameness does not equate to badness.
COOL LASER FALCON
If you're already tired of Charlie Day, you either watch too much It's Always Sunny or you just don't think he's funny. Horrible Bosses is literally the only major movie where he's played that character.

Disclaimer that I haven't seen Pacific Rim, but I'm assuming he had a pretty small part and that he was pretty toned down.
Seven Psycho Ags
He wasn't psychotic in Horrible Bosses. And in Pacific Rim he played a super genius. So there goes the dimwit theory.
His characters have all had subtle differences while holding onto the acting skill requirements that he's good at.
Sensei John Kreese
AG
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can we hang out? You sound like lots of fun.

Sorry. No ******* allowed. I live my life as if I were in a non stop Motley Crue music video. Don't think you could hang, old man.
Complete Idiot
Saw the Burbs when I was in HIgh school and was disappointed

However, this was my favorite scene/line

http://www.anyclip.com/movies/the-burbs/neighbor-litternig/#!quotes/
coupland boy
AG
Jennifer Aniston cracks me up in that role. Quite the anti-friends version.
bjraggie10
AG
Horrible Bosses had a great cast and was one of my favorite comedies in recent years. I sure hope the 2nd one isn't a letdown (though judging by the preview, I think it will be fun).

And I agree that Charlie Day needs to be in more movies.
Brock Sampson
AG
Anybody else watched this yet? Just saw it. Was absolutely hilarious
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Anybody else watched this yet? Just saw it. Was absolutely hilarious

Good to hear. Was worried by the reviews it's getting.
AggieLitigator
It was amazing. Laughed the whole time
2012Ag
AG
I saw it tonight, loved it.
Cancelled
AG
The first one was such a bad movie. It's very similar to Hall Pass or Couples Retreat. Crappy unnecessary movies....that I will watch anytime they are on.
MaroonStain
AG
I saw it yesterday at an Alamo in Austin. Well worth the ticket. The movie is funny, very funny and on par with start to finish hilarity of 'Neighbors'.

Go see it, don't wait until Red Box, because as stated it's worth the viewing.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I must have watched a different movie. I don't think I laughed once and it wasn't even close to the first.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Neighbors wasn't very good.
AggieLitigator
Also saw it at Alamo in Austin.
COOL LASER FALCON
Just got back. Really enjoyed it. I feel like I must be missing something, but I think this might be my favorite comedy of the year. Definitely preferred it to 22 Jump Street.

Although I didn't see skeleton twins.
watty
AG
Awesome awesome awesome movie. Hilarious. So many great moments. Well worth it.
Bobcat06
AG
I thought it was funny, but too many of the jokes were "hey, remember when we did this joke in the last movie (and/or Maine Justice)?"

I enjoyed it, but felt like it wasn't that original
COOL LASER FALCON
That's funny. The reason I really liked it is because I felt like they did a good job of specifically avoiding that.
AgPediRPh
AG
Hilarious! I'll have to watch a second time because I missed a LOT of jokes while laughing
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.