Edge of Tomorrow

12,911 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
FAST FRED
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dp

[This message has been edited by FAST FRED (edited 6/21/2014 4:07a).]
FAST FRED
AG
tp

[This message has been edited by FAST FRED (edited 6/21/2014 4:09a).]
FAST FRED
AG
qp

[This message has been edited by FAST FRED (edited 6/21/2014 4:11a).]
FAST FRED
AG
This post kept coming back, just like Tom Cruise.

[This message has been edited by FAST FRED (edited 6/21/2014 12:37p).]
bthotugigem05
AG
Bravo
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
This post kept coming back, just like Tom Cruise.

[This message has been edited by TajMaballer (edited 6/21/2014 11:58a).]
stonana
AG
Finally got around to seeing it. Really enjoyed it. Wife and I thought it was great and really funny. I might be in the minority here, but I actually still like Tom Cruise and have liked most of his recent films (Jack Reacher, Oblivion, this one). I hope he becomes bankable again to studios before they stop making these types of movies.
wangus12
AG
Finally saw it last night and I really enjoyed it. A lot of fun, I also laughed a lot with the way he kept dying.
AgBlitz
AG
I really enjoyed this movie. I've seen similar jump back in time movies that bored the heck out of me before and went in with tepid expectations despite the positive reviews.

They injected just enough humor, sexual tension and other elements to make this one of the more entertaining Sci Fi pictures I've seen in a while. Blunt was fantastic and they had good on screen chemistry.

I will probably get flamed for this but it seems like everyone is tripping over themselves to proclaim Jennifer Lawrence as the next Streep (she's extremely talented and I enjoy her performances) but I prefer Blunt.
Saxsoon
AG
I would take Blunt over Lawrence as an actress. Jessica Chastain too.
Seven Psycho Ags
Finally saw it this weekend! Good stuff!

The high pitched screams Cruise would let out when dying comically were the best. I lost it a couple of times. I liked the creative take on the Groundhog Day scenario. It was like Elysium meets Source Code meets Private Ryan.

Also, I would like to do things with Emily Blunt that'd make her stutter come back
Rocagnante
AG
Loved it. Great Sci Fi movie. can't wait to see it again.
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
The high pitched screams Cruise would let out when dying comically were the best. I lost it a couple of times. I liked the creative take on the Groundhog Day scenario. It was like Elysium meets Source Code meets Private Ryan.

Well said.
techno-ag
AG
Enjoyed it. Spoiler:

When Cruise said to Paxton's character, you're an American, right? And Paxton said no sir. I'm from Kentucky! It would have been funnier if he'd said, I'm from Texas. Europeans find Texas pride a little curious, and I think they would have enjoyed the line, too. Think of the old "Texas Embassy" in London. In fact, I wonder if the French & German dubs didn't substitute Texas in there. Paxton is from Texas IRL, too.
bbattbq01
AG
Saw it tonight... Enjoyed it.

After the last reset was the omega already dead? Or did cruise convince the general to nuke the louvre?
TheCougarHunter
AG
Good movie
Dro07
AG
Just saw this movie. Thought it was great! Would def watch again!

I think as stated previously i think when he killed the antenna it gave him more powers so it jumped to the point where he woke up the second time. First time he wakes up in reverse order was at the base, second time is in the Heli.

At first i thought that maybe the Omega reverted time to that point and "left" the planet because it knew it was defeated but i don't think that hold any water.
TyHolden
AG
saw today - great flick!
jlb2957
AG
Just saw it and enjoyed it.

Really, it's a bit of a plot hole to have him wake up again at the end of the movie. It was the Omega that reset time whenever an Alpha was killed. How would time be reset if the Omega was destroyed?
hunter2012
AG
You could say that as it was dying it tried a final reset, so when the blood got on him it did a final trigger....
Philo B 93
Very good movie. Here's what I like about the ending.

Spoiler.......................

when he comes back at the end, he already has a guarantied way to win, and he knows how to lose the power when he wants to. Now he has extra time, and he doesn't have to waste time being detained. He knows that he has to do it one last time without dying, and he'll live out the rest of his life as a war hero. He can write a memoir like the one he was advising the general on. He also knows he'll be banging Rita soon.

good ending.
jlb2957
AG
quote:
when he comes back at the end, he already has a guarantied way to win, and he knows how to lose the power when he wants to. Now he has extra time, and he doesn't have to waste time being detained. He knows that he has to do it one last time without dying, and he'll live out the rest of his life as a war hero. He can write a memoir like the one he was advising the general on. He also knows he'll be banging Rita soon.

good ending.
Umm... did you even watch the ending?

when he came back, the Omega had been destroyed.
Philo B 93
quote:
Umm... did you even watch the ending?

when he came back, the Omega had been destroyed.

My bad, Harry Knowles. I kind of tuned out during the 30 minute under water action sequence at the end. I did watch the ending, by the way.
tremble
AG
Saw this last night. GF also loved it.

Have to say Emily Blunt is smokeshow hot in that scene with all the whirling trainers. Love her in all the movies she's done as well.

Cruise was just funny as hell also. It's the interplay between the two and how she intuits how much he's already seen that really interested me (sugar in the farm house).
double aught
AG
I finally saw this tonight on HBOGO and thought I'd bring this thread back up so I could echo most of your sentiments. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
israeliag
AG
I saw some report that Tom Cruise was asked about a sequel during his Mission Impossible media rounds and said there were ideas that have been discussed... or something along those lines.
MrPlow2010
AG
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/tom-cruise-wants-to-reunite-with-emily-blunt-for-an-edge-of-tomorrow-sequel-325

I liked it too. I would be down for a sequel if it happened. A lot of people don't care for Tom Cruise but he can still kick ass and he goes all out in his movies. I expect him to be badass in mission impossible too.
bigboykin
AG
I'm in.

I don't really get the Cruise hate. He's a little kooky, sure (who in Hollywood isn't?), and he's a hardcore scientologist, but it's not like he's preaching scientology at you in his movies. He still makes damn entertaining movies for the most part.
HvilleAggie
AG
One of the more refreshing plots for an action movie I've seen in quite a while, despite bogging down in the 3rd act.
Objective Aggie
AG
Just saw it.

Very well paced. Crazy ass plot but the movie doesn't over explain so you just go with it. And it works.

Would be interesting to see other actors in Tom Cruise's role. Like maybe Ed Norton. But Cruise is fine.

Did not expect to like it. But it was a nice escape.
SteadicaTm
AG
quote:
Enjoyed it. Spoiler:

When Cruise said to Paxton's character, you're an American, right? And Paxton said no sir. I'm from Kentucky! It would have been funnier if he'd said, I'm from Texas. Europeans find Texas pride a little curious, and I think they would have enjoyed the line, too. Think of the old "Texas Embassy" in London. In fact, I wonder if the French & German dubs didn't substitute Texas in there. Paxton is from Texas IRL, too.
gay
Redstone
AG
I saw this in the theatre, not far from opening day.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I saw this in the theatre, not far from opening day.

I am still seeing this on opening day /redstone

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.