We're Alive: A Zombie Podcast

2,615 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
hugtrees82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those who have been following the podcast, the series finale is less than three months away. There is a lot of ground to cover and story threads to tie up.

Theories? Guesses? Wild Speculation? How's it all going to end?

And, if you haven't been listening, you can download the podcasts for free on iTunes, and check out the show website here: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/

Any discussion that follows presumes that you are caught up to the most current episode.
MSCAg
AG
I actually need to download this last season. I caught up last year and then forgot the series started back up.
BillOnCapitolHill
I speculate they took liberties from L4D
zgood10
AG
Michael and Pegs move to the suburbs

[This message has been edited by zgood10 (edited 4/24/2014 11:57a).]
Farmer1906
AG
A few more main characters die. Burt gets scar face. Michael gets tattoo man.

[This message has been edited by Aggie1906 (edited 4/24/2014 12:18p).]
PetroAg87
AG
Trying to catch up and currently on Chapter 30. I didn't realize that this thing hadn't already wrapped.

Enjoy the story but also am getting a kick out of some of the sponsors they have had so far. An ad for a story about how your pets would survive a zombie apocalypse? A web site that allows you to convert rap lyrics into English? Hilarious!
zgood10
AG
Anyone else underwhelmed by this season? It's picking up, but compared to all the action of the previous seasons it's slow.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
A web site that allows you to convert rap lyrics into English? Hilarious!

"be a balla, a shot calla"

=

"You are skilled at the game of basketball and well respected by your street gang"
zgood10
AG
There was another one about a podcast about a dog living in a zombie apocalypse
mwp02ag
AG
*****Spoiler*****

I'm actually sad that Datu is dead even though his anxious/scared voice was one of the most annoying things in the world.

gigemags-99
AG
I'm pretty sure this thread is okay with spoilers. Am I correct? Sounds like OP is asking theories about the ending, etc. from people who are caught up.
Farmer1906
AG
I can't believe they killed lizzy. Not because she is that important of a character but saw is going to be pointless here on out I feel. He's just going to be an emotional wreck with a baby to take care of.
Farmer1906
AG
I can't believe they killed lizzy. Not because she is that important of a character but saw is going to be pointless here on out I feel. He's just going to be an emotional wreck with a baby to take care of.
gigemags-99
AG
Her voice was annoying...**** her
zgood10
AG
They'll probably just nuke LA from orbit. Only way to be sure.
Aggie Infantry
AG
I am only on 18.1
Engine10
AG
Love this series. Listened like a madman when I first found it, and I found out that I really enjoy the radio drama style that it is presented in. I continuously refresh my podcast app every Monday morning waiting for the new episode. Kinda sad that it's ending but it had a great run, highly recommend if you enjoy audiobooks or just zombie stories in general. Apparently the creator, KC Weyland, is working on something new as well but hasn't released any details on it.
Engine10
AG
**Spoiler Alert possibly?***

As far as wild theories, I'm predicting that Nicholas will either be the undoing or champion of Ink's plan. Something about the way that storyline has unfolded tells me that all the loss involved with Nicholas being born will turn into something much larger, just unsure of which way it's going to go!

Also, predicting that Scratch gets captured by Burt and Riley and she ends up with a bolt in the face and both of her thumbs cut off. Riley may be my favorite character, mainly just based on the fact that I think I could listen to Claire Dodin's voice all damn day.
hugtrees82
AG
I like the idea of Nicholas somehow being tied to Ink's undoing.

I was actually sad for Datu to go, even though he could be super whiny. And although Lizzie's death was sad, I was a bit underwhelmed. It just seems such a staple of the zombie-apocalypse tradition now to kill pregnant women during labor.

The two things I am most curious about are:

(1) Are we going to find out more details about the Family? I hope Burt and Riley catch Scratch and do her in - even though I like Scratch's character. Hopefully when they do get her, we'll get some more answers to how the Family was organized. Also, I am curious how Scratch will react to the news that Lizzie is dead, since she had worked so hard to protect her. I had hopeful suspicions last season that the Family might have been tied to Ink somehow, maybe Ink was part of the family? But, this season, I'm losing hope on that theory.

(2) What were Ink's motivations for starting the outbreak. I get that he was a bad and crazy guy, but I would love it if we could find out more about what he was thinking we he precipitated the outbreak.
gigemags-99
AG
Bump. Finished it yesterday. Anyone else?
Mucho austin
AG
I started it back when this thread first appeared. Haven't made it passed the 2 episode. Not because it's bad, but because of a newborn and when I get a chance to listen it's at night in bed and I fall asleep.

I will eventually stay awake for it.
riz
AG
Finished it yesterday as well. I only found out about this series a few months back and glad I started as late as I did - it was painful to wait for new episodes.

I thought the finale was good overall but didn't care as much for the last 10 minutes or so. Good to hear what everyone was doing, but thought it dragged a little bit.

Burt certainly got his revenge on Scratch.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
Burt certainly got his revenge on Scratch.

***********Spoiler-ish*****************

So true. I almost felt sorry for her...almost. That would be an awful situation. I honestly can't think of a much worse way to go.

You're right about the last ten minutes. I think they over emphasized "the decision" Nick had to make. I see what they were trying to do, but it was too much.

I also don't feel the explanation of the cause of the outbreak was wrapped up the right way. Wanted some definitive answers - not theories. I guess it is realistic that you wouldn't know, or even be able to find out, the cause in real life, but they sure teased it.

Ink's involvement is still confusing to me.

Overall I really enjoyed the entire series.
DTP02
AG
Just finished it this week. It's been a "guilty pleasure" of mine while I do yard work. Not sure why the need for a spoiler alert on what is clearly a spoiler-filled thread , but (spoilers):

Ink didn't cause the outbreak. He was a victim. The symbols he had inked on his face in a deranged hope of avoiding prison/death penalty stopped him from being a fatal victim when he was attacked at the outset of the outbreak.

Once turned, his Wile E Coyote supergenius IQ, research scientist background , and general craziness combined to make him into the mad scientist/king of the SoCal zombie population, experimenting on ways to make more dangerous, intelligent, and hardier zombies in the "war effort."

Hope that helps.

I thought the show did a good job of tying it altogether. I understand people's criticism of the last 10-15 minutes, but I think Nick's decision was in large part a vehicle for showing the survivors' lives in the aftermath and leaving things on an optimistic, but still somewhat open-ended note (read: possible sequel). One curious thing was the hint of a relationship between CJ and Burt.

[This message has been edited by DTP02 (edited 8/13/2014 1:38p).]
gigemags-99
AG
Bump to say thank you for the explanation.

I get that Ink didn't start it, but still kind of weird. He had the symbol that stopped the zombies yet he was still turned. When the others used the symbols it stopped them from being attacked. Oh well...I really enjoyed the series and am looking forward to possible sequels.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I am on Chapter 19, 1/3 the way through this podcast.

It's awesome. So far it is everything I wished TWD and FTWD would be.
TX scallywAG
AG
Did not read above because of spoilers but just DLed Chapter 1, parts 1-3. How is the production value here? I'll be honest, I'm skeptical of a free zombie Web series.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
hurleyag
AG
Has anyone started "We're Alive: Lockdown" yet? Looks like only 2 parts released so far. I'm waiting until my next road trip to give it a listen.
hurleyag
AG
Production value was great. There were a few times that the background music and gunfire got loud, but it was really well done.
PetroAg87
AG
quote:
Has anyone started "We're Alive: Lockdown" yet? Looks like only 2 parts released so far. I'm waiting until my next road trip to give it a listen.
I listened to the first 10-15 minutes and it didn't really capture my attention or interest. Loved the original so I'm going to give it another shot when I can stay a bit more focused on the story. Hoping it picks up.
TX scallywAG
AG
Holy crap. I am really digging this.

Already on Ch 6 P 2 after a few days. I'm impressed. Have avoided reading rest of thread due to spoilers.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Holy crap. I am really digging this.

Already on Ch 6 P 2 after a few days. I'm impressed. Have avoided reading rest of thread due to spoilers.

Awesome
Chipotlemonger
AG
Finished the poscasts up this weekend. Season 4 to me was a little weak from time to time, but I like how the show ended and the path that it took!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.