*****Resurrection*****

3,425 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by annie88
agmatt06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody else catch the premier of this show?

Gave it a shot, and it's apparent they put some pretty decent actors in it to try and push it forward.

It's an interesting concept, but the execution of this show will be interesting to watch...

Spoiler....

Kid shows up in China after 32 years of being dead. They haven't particularly explained what happened or why he is back.

He did suffer a seizure which could foreshadow they aren't here long term.

Show ended with another person's father showing up as well.

It raises questions whether it is just this town or happening worldwide.

Very much has a 4400 feel to it (underrated show imo).

Not on the DVR yet, but will give another week.
Mucho austin
AG
I intend to check out this show, but my dvr was all messed up yesterday. From not recording the walking dead or redirection, it also decided to record once upon a time on the non-hd channel.

Anyway. I don't want to derail the thread but I have to ask: is 4400 worth watching? Does it have a satisfying enough ending with the cancellation?

atm0812
AG
The wife and I enjoyed it. Definitely a promising idea, as with many shows it will come down to execution later on.
Samsill98
AG
I liked it, but I kinda felt like it was just an extension of the trailers. I get that there's some kind of symbolism with the color red, but why didn't someone get that kid some new clothes?!?

I want this to be a great show but I'm concerned it will either suck or it will be awesome and then get cancelled like the show Life.
Dro07
AG
Mucho great first season and drops after that. I wouldn't recommend it because it gets canned there is no ending
Clavell
AG
American version of European series:
http://forums.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2397236&forum_id=13&opt=post&page=
GinaLinetti
AG
Haven't watched res yet but enjoyed 4400. Been so long I don't remember the ending though
GinaLinetti
chipotle
Enjoyed it
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
like the show Life
agmatt06
AG
quote:
Anyway. I don't want to derail the thread but I have to ask: is 4400 worth watching? Does it have a satisfying enough ending with the cancellation?

It has been years since I watched it, but it was always a good Summer show I watched.

Summer Glau was in it which is why it was probably cancelled.

I enjoyed it..If I remember right it was cancelled without a proper ending.
Beer Baron
AG
I can see this being another one of those shows with a cool concept, but the writers have no idea what caused this to occur, and it will just meander along with "character development" and no actual plot advancement. See Flash Forward for an example.
agmatt06
AG
BB...that's my exact fear too.

The reveal has to really wow you for this show to survive..and if they don't have that lined out..the show will die quickly.
Dro07
AG
Well the show is based over a French mini series I think so there is a concept just depends on how they want to deal with it
agmatt06
AG
Very good episode tonight.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Enjoying it so far but half expecting a twist worthy of M. Night Shamalamanalam.
RAB91
Like the above two posters, I thought this was a very solid 2nd episode.
Cromagnum
AG
The guy in the hood is interesting. He's super creepy walking around with his little 3-note whistling tune. There is definitely interaction between the returned. The kid dreams that guy turns to ashes, then sees him later on a soccer field and chats with him briefly.

If you were a kid and had a nightmare about someone, would you approach them for a friendly chat when you find out they actually exist?
Rudyjax
AG
They be ducking with my Sunday night's. Why is every good show on Sundays?
SlimM
AG
No kidding. My DVR records five shows at once, and even that's not enough on Sunday nights!
Rex Racer
AG

***Possible spoiler for this last episode****

So when the bald guy told someone, "She found us," do you think he was talking to her mother? And has she been alive all these years, or has she come back?

[This message has been edited by Rex Racer (edited 3/18/2014 1:50p).]
Cromagnum
AG
Lots of questions on episode 3. Now we got some killings.

Oh, and the slow brother has a theory on the matter, so....obligatory.

unmade bed
What episode do you guys think Epps will end up nailing thr doctor chick
OGLight13
Not sure how I feel about this one. I don't know how far it can go even though it is a neat concept. And like another poster, I'm afraid they won't do any serious character development. But I'm still watching it. It isn't bad.
agmatt06
AG
It's all going to be about the reveal.

To be honest, when the crazy brother said aliens, I have said, yep that works...

They walk a very fine line here. This show could last 1-2 seasons or 7 seasons...really depends on how they deal with the fact that people keep coming back.
Teslag
AG
What about an Armageddon type scenario? Dead rising and such and it's starting in this small town. Caleb is brought back for evil and jacob and the girl for good.
Rudyjax
AG
The previews made it seem like it was the mom they came back. She looks,a lot like the female lead.

I am watching this and believe, and I think this is much better.
annie88
AG
No, not the mom. A former girlfriend of Tom, the minister.
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
I am watching this and believe, and I think this is much better.
I need to catch up Resurrection, but I want to like Believe. They are making the father a little too unlikable and just dragging the story out way too slowly. I want to see what the kid can do and where the story is going. Every episode so far has felt like a pilot where they're just laying the framework.

Anyway, I'll go get caught up on Resurrection now.
Rudyjax
AG
I know that now. But the previews made it seem like the mom.
agmatt06
AG
They seem to hint that the mom is with the guy she was having the affair with.

Teslag
AG
I think the mom is back too with baldy.
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
They seem to hint that the mom is with the guy she was having the affair with.
That's the vibe I get too, but you'd think she would want to see her daughter.
Dro07
AG
why she barely knew her and it would cause all sorts of heck if she showed up to them and would never be able to see her true love?
Whitetail
AG
this show depresses me. I hope they get to the point and let us know what's going on. I am losing interest.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.