Movie Filming Locations in Texas

55,074 Views | 164 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by policywonk98
BQ78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Second Hand Lions in Pflugerville and Coupland and The Hot Spot in Taylor.
c-jags
quote:
texas chainsaw massacre

was filmed at my aunt and uncle's next door (across the field) neighbors in Granger.
Spicy McHaggis
AG
quote:
spicy i think that just returned movies that have the word texas in any of its text..

like Armageddon description
"When an asteroid the size of Texas is headed for Earth..."

Don't think that was filmed in texas.

tim, while I agree that some of those movies listed may have had very little to with Texas, Armageddon is definitely not one of them. Half the movie was filmed at or near the Johnson Space Center for Pete's sake. They also shot at Ellington Field and list Aubrey, Denton, and Pilot Point as locations for "establishing shots".

[This message has been edited by Spicy McHaggis (edited 4/16/2010 10:49a).]
pvsherwood03
wasn't the movie "Rush" filmed in and around Galveston?
PatriotAg02
AG
There will be a scene in the third transformers movie that will be shot in Texas, but not sure where yet.
Post removed:
by user
One Louder
AG
Reality Bites in Houston.

Also, this one was filmed in Smithville in 2008. Still waiting on the release date...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478304/
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
http://movies.toptenreviews.com/list-texas-college_station.htm

In CS!!!
metaltim
oh yeh i guess i wasn't even thinking of the movie itself hah.. but yeh i just texas in description and thought maybe that's why it came up in search.
MSFC Aggie
AG
The last scene in Castaway was shot in Tx.

Sinuso
AG
Johnny B. Good may have had some scenes shot in SA, but I graduated from G'town High in '89 and remember being let out of school early one day to go down to the Square and watch AMH and MD, Jr say the same three lines hundreds of times.

When they drive around the Square later in the scene, you can see the Courthouse and Gold's Dept. Store. I don't know what Gold's is now...
Thunder18
AG
25th hour had some scenes film in Elgin...Varsity Blues also filmed pretty extensively in Elgin
Spicy McHaggis
AG
I would remissed if I didn't mention the best movie ever filmed in Texas. Hud was filmed primarily near Claude.

A few more:
The Last Picture Show
The Sugarland Express (Spielberg's first movie)
The Alamo
Bonnie And Clyde

And I wouldn't necessarily call it a good movie, but The Ringer (with Johnny Knoxville) was filmed in San Marcos and Austin, I believe. I worked at a special needs camp the summer after the finished the movie and met several of the kids that were in it. They were hilarious.

[This message has been edited by Spicy McHaggis (edited 4/16/2010 2:46p).]
old-Rudyjax
We are both correct. It was filmed in SA and Georgetown. No wonder I didn't recognize some of the locations.

One of the "schools" is the Institute of Texas Cultures in SA.
old-Rudyjax
Do some of you people even read the thread?

And REVENGE OF THE NERDS was not filmed in CS.
YouBet
AG
quote:
Also, the beginning of the first X Files movie was in downtown Dallas.

The one where they actually talk about being in Dallas in the movie and yet you see a mountain range in the background?

From what I recall it was really Vancouver but in the movie they state they are investigating something in Dallas. Thought that was funny.
SteadicaTm
AG
a scanner darkly. i think linklater has done most of his films in austin.
also i think most of the stuff rrod has done since spy kids 2 has been in and around austin or at least has some scenes filmed in his austin studio
ATXAg2007
AG
quote:
Office Space: The opening scene is 635 at the Tollway. They had a really bad interchange where 3 lanes had to merge at the same place and there was always a backup. They have since fixed that. That was the only scene.

Wrong
old-Rudyjax
^
|
WRONG.

They show the traffic jam, and then cut to Peter. Peter is in Austin.

You can clearly read, the exit for Preston road.
East Dallas Ag
AG
Life of David Gale, Austin and Huntsville
PlanoAg98
AG
quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, the beginning of the first X Files movie was in downtown Dallas.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The one where they actually talk about being in Dallas in the movie and yet you see a mountain range in the background?

From what I recall it was really Vancouver but in the movie they state they are investigating something in Dallas. Thought that was funny.

This was filmed in Vancouver. I was living there while it was being filmed and saw them in downtown filming on several occasions.
Jeff George
Filmed in Austin/Round Rock.

ATXAg2007
AG
My apologies Rudy, I misunderstood.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
the old Kevin Costner/Judd Nelson movie Fandango was filmed in Alpine, Big Bend NP, Austin, and several other areas around the state.

----------------------------------------------------------
America's destiny is not of our own choosing. We did not seek nor did we provoke an assault on our freedom and our way of life. We did not expect nor did we invite a confrontation with evil. Yet the true measure of a people's strength is how they rise to master that moment when it does arrive.
mazag08
AG
Best Little *****house in Texas
texashornfan
Bill and Bill: On His Own was filmed in San Antonio. There are some outdoor scenes filmed at Incarnate Word University. My wife was a student at Incarnate Word at that time and was part of the background crowd in one scene.
george07
AG
As someone mentioned before, Sidekicks was filmed in Houston, and more specifically at my high school, Lamar High School. They also filmed Rushmore with Bill Murray there and across the street at St. John's.
YouBet
AG
Unnecessary Roughness(?) was filmed at University of North Texas.
j-ro
AG
ultimatefandango.com/info/locations.htm#dom
millertyme
AG
They Still Call Me Bruce
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I remember when this masterpiece was filmed at the Rivercenter Mall in San Antonio:

And how could this thread have lasted so long without THIS:

"Excuse me? When are we going to see the basement?"
Cancelled
AG
Fandango was filmed at or near a buddy's farm in El Paso area. He never lets me forget that.
beerag04
AG
"Leap of Faith" with Steve Martin was filmed in Plainview.

They painted the water tower to say Rusk, Kansas and never painted it back. they didn't use a shot of it in the movie and as far as I know it still says Rusk, Kansas on it today.
Gofor2
AG
I got to be Notre Dame scout (extra in the stands) for Friday Night Lights.

Filmed in Odessa, Astrodome, and I forget where else. Austin I think.
NE PA Ag
Somewhat older movies that are maybe not as well known:

The Thief Who Came to Dinner - Starred Ryan O'Neal as a burglar that robbed homes in River Oaks. There is a car scene where they run through detours at the not yet opened Southwest Freeway.

Brewster McCloud - An early (and odd) Robert Altman movie filmed in Houston circa 1970. A lot of shots of the Dome the way it looked in the early years and shots of Houston proper at that time.

Futureworld - Kind of obscure sequel to the more famous Westworld had several scenes shot in Houston, especially at NASA.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.