The Dogon people of Mali?

1,677 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Leonard H. Stringfield
Leonard H. Stringfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone here familiar with their story? Where aware of the fact that the Sirius star system was a binary system. Long before modern man "discovered" that via the telescope.
gabehcoud
No but I'll most definitely be listing to the podcast or watching the documentary that you forgot to post.
AtticusMatlock
There's no evidence the tribe viewed Sirius that way before French contact in the 1890s.
Furlock Bones
AG
You forgot to mention that they wear ball chin face masks

maroon barchetta
Al Bula
AG
Super familiar with the Dogon people. The Dogon people
were generally despised by the Fulani, Bamara and Mossi people due to constant disputes over land, livestock and trade routes. In fact, these tribes rolled their eyes at the constant bragging the Dogons did about their supposed star system knowledge.

When Dogons arrived at the local watering hole, the Fulanis, Bamaras and Mossis all made excuses to leave so they didn't have to listen to the Sirius system taunting.
GarlandAg2012
AG
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sirius_Mystery

Sounds like a fun story that is pretty much BS.
Burdizzo
AG
Furlock Bones said:

You forgot to mention that they wear ball chin face masks

They worship the God of Goiter.
Burdizzo
AG
I am more curious about the Sentinels of India. They are so remote on their own island that the Indian government prohibits any outside contact with them.
maroon barchetta
Burdizzo said:

I am more curious about the Sentinels of India. They are so remote on their own island that the Indian government prohibits any outside contact with them.

Is that the island to the south where there was a shipwreck and the survivors made it to the island and were killed by the inhabitants?
Hey Doc, my psoas is sore
Speaking of India, this doc about the Cobra Gypsies is worth watching.

Leonard H. Stringfield

In light of the current extraterrestrial disclosure process, perhaps wiki is hiding something? It would not be the first. The evidence here tells a different story.
Burdizzo
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Burdizzo said:

Is that the island to the south where there was a shipwreck and the survivors made it to the island and were killed by the inhabitants?

Several have died at their hands. The most recent was a lone American who broke several Indian laws to get there (paid some fisherman to drop him off) who had a plan to Christianize them. He only lasted a few days before they killed him. His body was never recovered because every attempt to recover it was met with attacks from the tribe

The Wikipedia article has several stories of contact with them over the last couple of centuries. Most of them ended poorly for the non-natives. It is amazing to me mankind has people who have been to the moon and back and then isolated tribes like this.
AtticusMatlock
The "evidence" in the Dogon / Sirius thing is based on one writing that turned out to be full of BS, but carried on and presented as fact by people who really like science fiction.

I'm open to the concept of lost knowledge, lost technology (especially on South America), older civilizations than previously recognized, etc., but the Dogon story is not it.
AtticusMatlock
The best thing for the inhabitants of that island is that it did not have apparent economic or military value back several decades ago when the Indian or British governments could have gotten away with wiping them out without much media attention.
Leonard H. Stringfield
AtticusMatlock said:

The "evidence" in the Dogon / Sirius thing is based on one writing that turned out to be full of BS, but carried on and presented as fact by people who really like science fiction.

I'm open to the concept of lost knowledge, lost technology (especially on South America), older civilizations than previously recognized, etc., but the Dogon story is not it.
This video is evidence. Where did you hear it was BS? Serious...I have yet to see that. Would love to. One of the reasons I posted this...

Why wouldn't it be possible? Is the extraterrestrial reality science fiction?
superunknown
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

that's what the woke bilderberg soros controlled wikipediots want you to think
Leonard H. Stringfield
superunknown said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

Yeah, they pretty much discounted the deal. The thing I found really interesting was the last sentence in the Wiki thing..

"He (author Robert Temple) also used the second edition of his book to complain about what he said was "the extreme and virulent hostility towards me by certain security agencies, most notably the American ones".
Wikipedia...
Why would the US intelligence community harbor such ill will towards a "sci-fi" author?

Something to tuck away.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Leonard H. Stringfield said:

superunknown said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

Yeah, they pretty much discounted the deal. The thing I found really interesting was the last sentence in the Wiki thing..

"He (author Robert Temple) also used the second edition of his book to complain about what he said was "the extreme and virulent hostility towards me by certain security agencies, most notably the American ones".
Wikipedia...
Why would the US intelligence community harbor such ill will towards a "sci-fi" author?

Something to tuck away.

Most likely because he was trying to sell books and created another layer of BS to tack onto his first layer.

Don't be so gullible, McFly.

Also, save your fingers and don't bother with your standard bot auto reply of "Thoughts on the current extraterrestrial disclosure process?"
Leonard H. Stringfield
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

Leonard H. Stringfield said:

superunknown said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

Wikipedia...

Something to tuck away.

Most likely because he was trying to sell books and created another layer of BS to tack onto his first layer.

Don't be so gullible, McFly.

Also, save your fingers and don't bother with your standard bot auto reply of "Thoughts on the current extraterrestrial disclosure process?"
Well, that's certainly a possibility. If I had problems believing this, I'd probably come up with similar. I take it you have no thoughts? Why couldn't the story be legit?
Claude!
All I know is that their poetry is awful.

Waits, that's the Vogons
Leonard H. Stringfield
ET interactions with humans down thru the distant past is not limited to the Dogon. Now that its becoming more clear each day that we are not alone...IMO when we hear the terms "Star people", "Sky Gods" etc. it could very well be refferring to visitors from the sky. Like literal.

The Hopi people of the southwest are another group...with their Ant People. Many of the rock painting depict creatures looking oddly........alien.

I tried getting a thread going on that topic, but apparently it was nuked.

Heck if I know...wikitosis perhaps..lol

Leonard H. Stringfield
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.