Identified someone dumping trash on public land. How can I maximally screw them?

6,692 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by TequilaMockingbird
SchizoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I found a big pile of trash with identifying information in it. It belongs to someone who was recently evicted. I found the court case online so I know all of the parties involved. Apparently after evicting the tenant, the landlord drove to the other side of Houston and dumped everything about 50 ft off the side of the road.

What should I do?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Username checks out.
SchizoAg
AG
Huh?
Ragoo
AG
Murder
SchizoAg
AG
Ragoo said:

Murder
I forgot to stipulate: Something I can do without putting myself in prison.
C@LAg
SchizoAg said:

Ragoo said:

Murder
I forgot to stipulate: Something I can do without putting myself in prison.
well that takes all the fun out of it.
The Porkchop Express
SchizoAg said:

Huh?
He's telling you to get a life.
SchizoAg
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

SchizoAg said:

Huh?
Wow, there are some stupid ****ers on this board. I guess it comes with the territory of John Sharp turning A&M into a diploma mill.
Spicy McHaggis
AG
Did you find the garbage after a Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat?
Tatem
This will not end well
ATX_AG_08
AG
I've seen game wardens track down offenders and write tickets for this or at the very least make them go clean it up. Call them or call the local non emergency police #.
Ginormus Ag
AG
Here's the twist. OP was burying a dead hooker and came across someone else's trash in his typical dump spot. Wants law enforcement to investigate dumping of trash and blame dead hooker or hookers on person who dumped trash. Gotta admit. Not a bad idea.
Anchorhold
Yes. Surely the good authorities of Harris county can be trusted to see justice served.
SchizoAg
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

I've seen game wardens track down offenders and write tickets for this or at the very least make them go clean it up. Call them or call the local non emergency police #.
Yeah, given that I know who the perpetrator is, due to the incriminating evidence, I'm sure I could get it cleaned up, either by threatening them directly, reporting it to their lawyer or the judge in the case, or by reporting it to the city. I would prefer them to actually be punished for it, though.

Maybe I can get them to clean up multiple dump sites by calling them up and saying "I found where you dumped your tenant's trash. I'm not telling you where it is, but if you don't clean it up in 24 hours, I'm reporting it."
FatZilla
AG
Game wardens 100%
The Porkchop Express
SchizoAg said:

SchizoAg said:

Huh?
Wow, there are some stupid ****ers on this board. I guess it comes with the territory of John Sharp turning A&M into a diploma mill.
I graduated 28 years ago.
As someone who has started dozens, if not hundreds, of threads that didn't turn out as cool as I hoped they would, I would advise you to stop posting and let this thing fall off the first page as quickly as possible.
SchizoAg
AG

SchizoAg said:

SchizoAg said:

Huh?
I graduated 28 years ago.
As someone who has started dozens, if not hundreds, of threads that didn't turn out as cool as I hoped they would, I would advise you to stop posting and let this thing fall off the first page as quickly as possible.

The evidence of your stupidity is twofold:

• that you think I care whether this thread is "cool";
  • that you think my username is somehow evidence of needing to "get a life".
Anchorhold
I think you want to confront someone from your couch / phone.
redline248
AG
SchizoAg said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

Yeah, given that I know who the perpetrator is, due to the incriminating evidence, I'm sure I could get it cleaned up, either by threatening them directly, reporting it to their lawyer or the judge in the case, or by reporting it to the city. I would prefer them to actually be punished for it, though.

Maybe I can get them to clean up multiple dump sites by calling them up and saying "I found where you dumped your tenant's trash. I'm not telling you where it is, but if you don't clean it up in 24 hours, I'm reporting it."
So you're gonna try blackmail? At least ask for something cool, like $10k or a bj from his wife.
ATX_AG_08
AG
GB response. Go put all the nastiest stuff back in his trashcan, fill it with water, lean it against his front door, ring the doorbell.
The Porkchop Express
SchizoAg said:

The evidence of your stupidity is twofold:

• that you think I care whether this thread is "cool";
  • that you think my username is somehow evidence of needing to "get a life".

Well now you've gone and conflated the issue. This is the real problem with America today. Reading comprehension. I don't think that your user name is somehow evidence of you needing to get a life, I was telling you that this was the meaning that Brian Earl Spilner was giving you when he responded "User name checks out" last night.

But you definitely thought this thread would be cooler. It happens. Take the L and rub some dirt on it.
The Porkchop Express
redline248 said:

SchizoAg said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

So you're gonna try blackmail? At least ask for something cool, like $10k or a bj from his wife.
And maybe don't publish the blackmail plan on the Internet.
TequilaMockingbird
SchizoAg
AG
Jesus, that was boring. Entertainment has come a long way since the 1960s.
Ghost91
Serious advice - let it go. It's not worth it. It won't bring you the satisfaction that you think it will, but it will do damage to your blood pressure.
I was you some years ago. Not that long ago - probably 5-7 years ago I would've never said this. But trust me.
maroon barchetta
Trust a ghost.

Got it.
RogerFurlong
SchizoAg said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

I've been to court over this exact thing. Some guy said he found trash with my address in his yard. Sheriff deputy wrote me a ticket. I went to court and was found not guilty and the judge chewed out the deputy for giving me a ticket. Judge said the homeowner shouldn't have opened the trash and he ruined the evidence by opening it. Also there was no proof as to who dumped it. Still no idea how my trash got in that dudes yard, but everyone but the judge was a huge ***** and I hope it happens often to the homeowner.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Where is Physics Clown when you need him?
SchizoAg
AG
RogerFurlong said:

SchizoAg said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

I've been to court over this exact thing. Some guy said he found trash with my address in his yard. Sheriff deputy wrote me a ticket. I went to court and was found not guilty and the judge chewed out the deputy for giving me a ticket. Judge said the homeowner shouldn't have opened the trash and he ruined the evidence by opening it. Also there was no proof as to who dumped it. Still no idea how my trash got in that dudes yard, but everyone but the judge was a huge ***** and I hope it happens often to the homeowner.
If this went to court, the owner of the trash would vouch for the fact that it belongs to them, and was taken from them by their landlord. So not really the same situation.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
OP gotta be trolling, right??
gigemags-99
AG
SchizoAg said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

Be sure to add this during your conversation with them: " I have a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you"
DannyDuberstein
AG
Could have been the landlord. Could have been the tenant. Could have been some ahole just cleaning out the place. This isn't the "gotcha" you think it is
IIIHorn

Refuse to clean up.

TX AG 88
AG
Yes, Your Honor, I put that letter at the bottom of that pile of trash!
Jack Squat 83
AG
I'm an old of course but despise people who litter.

Surely there's a group like Keep Houston Beautiful or something, so email whichever law enforcement is applicable (the location/details) and CC the KHB group with a request for reply, then let it go. Maybe they'll fine the dirtbag.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.