Pregnant Friend Question

11,851 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by staticdoor
2006EE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
So first, no I am not pregnant. In theory I would need a guy for that.
Really disappointed that the GB hasn't had someone volunteer as tribute.
You obviously haven't seen most of her posts...

I haven't. I just assumed that some GB poster would be horny.
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
I was born in 1984 and I'm not a piece of **** millennial
Me too. And me either, because I JO'd to catalogs.
Cowboy1990
quote:
So first, no I am not pregnant. In theory I would need a guy for that.

So now my story that I figured the GB would love to help me with:

Female friend is 36, single, self sufficient. It's been a while since she had a serious relationship (2+ years), but she wants kids desperately. So since last year she has been trying to get pregnant with the help of modern medicine. She succeeded several months ago. I was happy for her and I told myself.

So in the past few weeks she's not been feeling great, which I understand can be common (never been pregnant myself). Now she has launched into woe is me mode since she doesn't feel well at all and she has a "parasite" (her word, not mine) living inside her. I feel for her because I have seen some ladies with miserable pregancies but they seem to power through to the end. Yet I sometimes want to say well you chose to be pregnant don't complain.

What say you TexAgs?

Sounds like she needs to get laid
QBCade
AG
1. Chick aren't dudes. Irrational behavior is common
2. Very common for chicks to go thru crazy mood swings during preggers. It's a weird deal. Just help as best u can and stay as level as possible.
staticdoor
AG
quote:
Uh, maybe she needs to see a therapist. I mean, I've never once heard a pregnant woman refer to her baby as a parasite. That seems really strange to me, particularly for someone who went to such great lengths to conceive.

I have heard two pregnant women use this term, but not really mean it. It was a joke because they felt awful. My wife had an awful pregnancy. Was sick morning, noon, and night for the 14 weeks, then got a kidney stone, and topped it off with pre-clampsia and the start of kidney failure at the end which she is still going through treatments for.

She referred to our twin daughters as parasites 1x and then cried like a baby. Her hormones were all over the place. She also cried 3x watching a Grey's Anatomy episode where I finally turned the damn thing off and another time because I left a dirty spoon in the sink overnight.

Basically, depending on a variety of factors - pregnancy makes you crazy. But, we got two beautiful 8 week old girls now and while I thought at times the pregnancy was going to drive me to the brink....I realize now it will be the twins that do that instead.
Oogway
quote:

She needs a friend not therapy.

Why not both?
During my pregnancies it was very helpful to have friends with whom I could get reassurances that whatever I was going through was completely normal and not feel like I was in a competition for who could suffer the most pain or who had it the worst. If this person lacks that, then a clinician might be helpful.
Trillary Clinton
pregnant women are the most disgusting creatures on this planet
staticdoor
AG
quote:
1. Chick aren't dudes. Irrational behavior is common
2. Very common for chicks to go thru crazy mood swings during preggers. It's a weird deal. Just help as best u can and stay as level as possible.

1. Men are just as irrational as women, the difference is in how it is shown. Unfortunately in men, it manifests itself most commonly with violence. Hence dumbass songs like "Redneck Crazy" and the leading cause of death for women being at the hands of BSC men.

2. Troof

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.