People that do this

15,635 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Catch
agmag90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OP, how you do react when Mormon's show up at your door? Heart attack?

Side note: We have a Religion board for these types of threads guys
haircut
AG
quote:
part of me thinks, and hopes, these posters are just trolling. Besides, nobody from the GB is as smart as those on the R&P board. At least that's what the R&P said
BassCowboy33
quote:
quote:
part of me thinks, and hopes, these posters are just trolling. Besides, nobody from the GB is as smart as those on the R&P board. At least that's what the R&P said

I really do think a majority of people in this country go out of their way to be offended by things. It happens on both the left and right. No ideology or political philosophy has a monopoly on it.
haircut
AG
I agree, though hopefully not a majority of people look for reasons to be offended. I think it's more of people looking to argue. Some people really like arguing. Why else would the R&P board be filled with non-believers? Because they like to argue. How joyful.
BassCowboy33
quote:
I agree, though hopefully not a majority of people look for reasons to be offended. I think it's more of people looking to argue. Some people really like arguing. Why else would the R&P board be filled with non-believers? Because they like to argue. How joyful.

Probably more accurate.
Woody2006
AG
quote:

Why is anyone on R&P? This applies to Christians and Deists and the occasional Mormon just as much as it does the non-believers.

No one really thinks they are going to lead someone to Jesus on an Internet forum, right?
haircut
AG
I should respond to you in a respectful manner, why?
John Maplethorpe
AG
quote:
According to the Hartford Institute of Religion Research, more than 40 percent of Americans "say" they go to church weekly. As it turns out, however, less than 20 percent are actually in church.
quote:
Furthermore, somewhere between 4,000 and 7,000 churches close their doors every year. Southern Baptist researcher, Thom Rainer, in a recent article entitled "13 Issues for Churches in 2013" puts the estimate higher. He says between 8,000 and 10,000 churches will likely close this year.
link
Post removed:
by user
PatAg
AG
That's because Southern Baptist's are the worst.
haircut
AG
Observe cowboy! These folks are not angry or offended. And they do not flock to these threads like stink on ****.

Woody2006
AG
quote:
Observe cowboy! These folks are not angry or offended. And they do not flock to these threads like stink on ****.

You sure do resemble that which you criticize.
fta09
AG
Y'all need to get in on this Reddit thead on social don'ts. So far no top posts regarding asking if you've found a church, but I'm sure the thousands of people there just forgot that one.
Ag 11
AG
Just Say No
PatriotAg02
AG
Agree. I'm spiritual but not religious. Religion is all man made and corrupt
rhoswen
AG
quote:

You know how I know you're trolling?
rhoswen
AG
quote:
Y'all need to get in on this Reddit thead on social don'ts. So far no top posts regarding asking if you've found a church, but I'm sure the thousands of people there just forgot that one.

So does that mean it's appropriate? Because reddit of all places is a bastion of social etiquette?
haircut
AG
quote:
quote:

You know how I know you're trolling?
Because you used the light bulb emoticon?
swimmerbabe11
quote:
quote:
According to the Hartford Institute of Religion Research, more than 40 percent of Americans "say" they go to church weekly. As it turns out, however, less than 20 percent are actually in church.
quote:
Furthermore, somewhere between 4,000 and 7,000 churches close their doors every year. Southern Baptist researcher, Thom Rainer, in a recent article entitled "13 Issues for Churches in 2013" puts the estimate higher. He says between 8,000 and 10,000 churches will likely close this year.
link

I would note that a great deal of those closures probably come from the fad of Non-Denominational churches that has been so big in the last 20 years, but is fading rapidly. For a while, every dude with an Ipod of Christian music was building a church called "New Life" or "The Vine" or whatever, with no seminary or expertise in doctrine at all.

The established denominations are not having quite the same struggles, although some are due to money mismanagement..which is a huge pet peeve of mine.
Beer Baron
AG

quote:
For a while, every dude with an Ipod of Christian music was building a church called "New Life" or "The Vine" or whatever, with no seminary or expertise in doctrine at all.
Don't forget "Impact," "Faith Point," "GraceView," "Life Way," "Faith Life," and "Grace Way Point."
haircut
AG
You can easily create derivatives using "first".

First <church_name>
swimmerbabe11
Firsts are usually reserved for Baptists and Methodists.

You rarely see a First Catholic or First Episcopalian church
haircut
AG
quote:
Firsts are usually reserved for Baptists and Methodists.

You rarely see a First Catholic or First Episcopalian church
True. One thing I like about the Catholic Church is the church naming conventions and the use of saints names.
Beer Baron
AG
I've seen plenty of Second Baptists too. I'd really like to see a 6th Baptist Church sometime.
new straw
I believe second baptist is reserved for Houston.
TSUAggie
How about a 666th Baptist Church
ac04
people who do this
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
people who do this

THANK YOU
TXAG 05
AG
OP needs to get over himself
Catch
AG
quote:
I've seen plenty of Second Baptists too. I'd really like to see a 6th Baptist Church sometime.

If prefer Last Baptist Church....
Frederick Palowaski
AG
I like the First Church of Catch. Mass starts at 10pm on the weekends. Sermons are kareoke and confess our sins to hookers. Instead of wine and bread it is beer and coke.

I've never left a place feeling as good as I have as the First Church of Catch.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
people who do this

Either is acceptable, actually.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Also, people that suck at being grammar nazis
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Catch
AG
quote:
I like the First Church of Catch. Mass starts at 10pm on the weekends. Sermons are kareoke and confess our sins to hookers. Instead of wine and bread it is beer and coke.

I've never left a place feeling as good as I have as the First Church of Catch.

Thank you my son....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.