How quick to react are you?

6,187 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by WC87
GregZeppelin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I don't think I've had cpr training since elementary or middle school. I bet the whole game has changed.
It really has. For example, the mouth-to-mouth portion is now considered to be of little to no use in most cases, and you're just supposed to to do the chest compressions at a rate of 100/minute until help arrives.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/23884566/ns/health-heart_health/t/no-mouth-to-mouth-required-new-cpr-rules/#.VWUDqflViko
Talon2DSO
AG
I act immediately...because I am a man of action
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
A friend of mine had to hold a dude's heart in his hands and pump it manually last week and he told me he had to do it at 100 beats per minute.
COOL LASER FALCON
I always want to help too much and I usually care too much for anyone's well-being, including strangers. It's a pretty heavy burden.
FCBlitz
Pretty quick to react. I have climbed into cars after bad accidents and worked to keep them stable till EMS. Each time I stayed with the victum until we lifted out of the wreck vehicles and they headed to life flight. Kept a old lady from falling off a tall platform at Rusk state park. Helped numerous kids with broken arms and legs. Helped a gang banger who had just been pummeled to near death while being watched by the gang that did it. Helped trapped people after Ike. Helped a lady who got hit by a car. Helped a guy on a 10 speed and a girl who crashed into him riding a moped on old college main. Helped a girl in the old parking lot of the chicken from being assaulted only to watch her exboyfriend jump in his car and excellerate and crash into her car. That was amusing and scary at the same time. Crap I even have more stories than that.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
I always want to help too much and I usually care too much for anyone's well-being, including strangers. It's a pretty heavy burden.

It's your biggest fault. You are too good of a person.
Claude!
quote:
A friend of mine had to hold a dude's heart in his hands and pump it manually last week and he told me he had to do it at 100 beats per minute.
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:
I always want to help too much and I usually care too much for anyone's well-being, including strangers.

I feel like this is some random quote but I have this problem. I don't even like watching sad things on tv. Lifetime ****s up my world
COOL LASER FALCON
Halfway adapted from Michael Scott's answer to his greatest weaknesses.
GinaLinetti
AG
Figured it was something like that
MaroonOutAustin
quote:
Ah aha ah ah stayin alive stayin alive!

Nothing's changed. Chest compressions are more important than mouth to mouth

"Another one bites the dust" works also.
JeffHamilton82
quote:
I'm pretty quick to help others. I've racked up helping control two seizures. Recently I went to a football game at Stanford and saw an old man (80+ easy) lean against a food cart and fall to the ground because it moved. He busted his head and had a pool of blood really quick. I tried to catch him before the fall but I'm slow. Anyways he was not happy to be helped and kept telling me "get me off the damn ground" and stuff like that. I made him stay down until EMS showed up. They cut his clothes off and he left rather naked on a stretcher. He never thanked me but his old wife and medics did.

Remind me never to fall around you. I just want someone to help me up so I can dust myself off. Not pin me to the ground so strangers can strip me naked and strap me to a stretcher and parade me through the crowd to an ambulance.
ac04
i have cat like reflexes.

whenever i see a cat i'm immediately like "i like that cat!"
trouble
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I don't think I've had cpr training since elementary or middle school. I bet the whole game has changed.

I haven't had the training in a while, but I would still like to look cool and heroic in a life or death situation.

Ah aha ah ah stayin alive stayin alive!

Nothing's changed. Chest compressions are more important than mouth to mouth

Another one bites the dust works too.
haircut
AG
That is definitely a different way to look at the situation, but I prefer to feel like a hero.
Aries
The best one I have attended was at my bachelorette party. At a bar in San Antonio watching the Aggies when I heard tables being moved around. Looked back & some dude was having a full blown seizure & his friends were lowering him to the floor. I had been drinking but my SIL doctor & one of my friends who is a pharmacists were pregnant so I casually told them that some dude behind us was having a full on seizure. Their respone "****. god dammnit." As they rushed over.
Cowboy1990
Once witnessed a car accident where the person was trapped inside their car. Called 911 on my phone and then located the next of kin's number in the driver's phone and called them to let them know what had happened.

Helped a couple of people get through seizures by getting them safely through the floor and protecting them by placing a jacket or bag under their head until they came out of it.

Held a stabbing victims stomach with a jacket until an ambulance could arrive.
Rutedown
I'm quick...quick to freak out.
an antelope ate it
Why would I stick around the scene of my crime?
AusAg32
AG
Helped an old woman that fell down at DFW. I believe she was exhausted and had virtugo. Lost a good pair of shoes when she threw up all over them.
That isn't the worst thing I've had spilled on me ether... A mom opened up a bottle of expressed breast milk on a flight that was under pressure. Exploded all over.
wangus12
AG
Pretty quick. I used to work as an EMT so its kinda ingrained in me.
Goose
AG
I'm usually pretty quick to jump in and help. Dragged an old dude out of the surf in Hawaii when the waves just kept knocking him down. I was watching him for 20-30 seconds and every time he'd get to his feet another wave would knock him down, he'd go under, come back up, get to his feet, cough up some water...repeat. After about 3 of those cycles I got to him and got him to the beach.

My most Aggie related experience of this sort was at the big Aggie tube trip 5 years ago or so. Saturday evening back at the Camp Warnecke pool, everybody was hanging out, eating/drinking, etc. and I noticed a woman at the bottom of the pool. Face down, looking pretty lifeless, but I didn't know if she was just messing around or not. So I went over to her and sort of nudged her with my foot to see if she'd respond, nothing. Like kicking, well, an unconscious person; no reaction at all. So I dove down, grabbed her under her arms, and brought her to the surface. Started yelling for help and for someone to dial 911 as I took her to the side of the pool, and then, with several other people's help, we got her out and onto the pool deck (she was not a small woman). She wasn't breathing and her lips were blue, but after maybe 15 seconds or so she coughed up some water, bile, beer, who knows, and started breathing again. Apparently she had been drinking all damn day and probably passed out while in the pool and just went under; no telling how long she'd been under when I saw her, but I'd guess a good minute or two. Oh, and I'd been drinking all day myself and have never sobered up so quickly before or since.
Ragoo
AG
I want to make a how quick to erect dy/dx.
WC87
AG
I wouldn't do anything since obviously she has govt provided health care.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.