Do you tip the delivery guy

5,693 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Tamu_mgm
tmaggie50
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If there is a delivery fee that is 15% or more of my total order, I won't tip extra.
Kashchei
AG
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
I try to tip between $5-$10 depending on the size of the order - about 15%.
Our pizza guys are nice and don't complain when my dog tries to kiss them.

I usually add the tip to the amount when I order online. Is that better or worse than at the door?

Its all the same. And a nice tip that already shows up on the receipt makes your driver feel special.
Natasha Romanoff
I rarely tip more than $5. But my orders usually aren't big orders. I try to give them somewhere between $3-$5.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Yeah I usually tip around 5 since I have friends that used to deliver and said they never saw any of the delivery fee...if the order happens to be big enough to deserve more than 5 then I tip 10
tbirdspur2010
AG
Yes
NativeTxn
Unless its a delivery service whose business it is to deliver restaurant food, I feel like restaurants that charge a delivery fee are doing their delivery drivers a disservice. I rarely have food delivered these days, but if/when I do, I avoid ordering from restaurants that charge delivery fee's. IMO, the restaurant charges for the food [throw your deliver fee into that if you must] and the driver gets any fee/tip associated with delivery.
bmks270
AG
What does the delivery fee pay for if not the drivers?
Claude!
quote:

The online ordering system, logistical issues related to staffing a delivery force, profit, etc.
Post removed:
by user
ChiveOn
AG
Yes. I tip $3 + whatever change to round up to the next whole dollar. If it's terrible weather I add another dollar
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
quote:

The online ordering system, logistical issues related to staffing a delivery force, profit, etc.

On top of that its a convenience fee, especially for dine in restaurants that also deliver. The kitchen has to devote time to preparing food for a customer that isnt dining in, it helps pay for the people that have to box it up and the boxes arent cheap either,it helps pay for the bags and condiment packages, it helps pay for the extra electricity that runs the fridge and the warmer.
IrishTxAggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

On top of that its a convenience fee, especially for dine in restaurants that also deliver. The kitchen has to devote time to preparing food for a customer that isnt dining in, it helps pay for the people that have to box it up and the boxes arent cheap either,it helps pay for the bags and condiment packages, it helps pay for the extra electricity that runs the fridge and the warmer.
IT WAS PIZZA HUT!! Delivery is the foundation of their business now! I understand if I'm getting delivery or carry-out from Pappadeux's, but if the delivery fee isn't going to the driver from Pizza Hut, I think it's a BS fee.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

IT WAS PIZZA HUT!! Delivery is the foundation of their business now! I understand if I'm getting delivery or carry-out from Pappadeux's, but if the delivery fee isn't going to the driver from Pizza Hut, I think it's a BS fee.

GOOD THING I WASNT TALKING TO YOU ANYMORE!! But in all seriousness, the delivery fee goes towards systems that the company pizza hut has to pay for including insuring their drivers while on the clock im assuming. There are ways for you to avoid the delivery fee.
ChiveOn
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

GOOD THING I WASNT TALKING TO YOU ANYMORE!! But in all seriousness, the delivery fee goes towards systems that the company pizza hut has to pay for including insuring their drivers while on the clock im assuming. There are ways for you to avoid the delivery fee.
drive to nearest pizza hut, get food 45min faster
IrishTxAggie
AG
I was hungover and lazy.
Predmid
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
If there is a delivery fee? Just ordered a pizza and need to know TexAgs opinion.

Yes. The delivery guy won't see a dime of that fee.

So why am I expected to supplement the delivery guy's lifestyle when he's the one making poor career decisions? Seems like enablement to me...

Pizza delivery guys spend upwards of 20 minutes with your food in their car. Alone. All by themselves.

Remember that the next time you feel like being ****ty to a driver.
Slicer97
AG
As I said, nobody delivers where I live, so I don't worry about it. And anyone that would stoop to messing with someone's food is simple-minded, cowardly scum worthy of no one's respect.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Always tip the delivery guy unless they are like 30 minutes or more late.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.