I quit dipping 3 days ago

16,094 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by rw1987
Motel California
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Cocaine of your best bet
ktc00
AG
9 days clean after 20+ years using the ****. Tough but have to stick with it and think of the family etc. Never felt stronger about giving it up.
Scimitar
AG
Threw out an empty can out at the bar tonight, just spit out the last dip from it. We shall see.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Just buy a dress shirt every time you feel like buying a can. We will get you wardrobe up to par on no time.
ktc00
AG
quote:
Threw out an empty can out at the bar tonight, just spit out the last dip from it. We shall see.
BoxingAg84
quote:
9 days clean after 20+ years using the ****. Tough but have to stick with it and think of the family etc. Never felt stronger about giving it up.
Hang in there!
big ben
AG
Quit cold turkey 5/18/15 the day before a week in Playa where I knew I would have zero stress. Worked like a charm but I still have cravings here and there which I use gum, mints, seeds, etc.
JSKolache
AG
Mini lozenges. Picked some up a few months ago. Woo hoo nicotine.
haircut
AG
Good luck y'all!! You can do it!!
Helms96
AG
Still on the wagon for me. I still get a craving every now and then, but after a solid two months off I have made it through the hard part.
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
Geralt of Rivia
S
Will be three years on Saturday
Gerald Tarrant
Dipping is disgusting. You should all be ashamed of yourselves
Boats and Hose
AG
quote:
Dipping is disgusting. You should all be ashamed of yourselves

Dude STFU. Telling someone who's trying to kick this habit doesn't need some jackass telling them they should be ashamed of themselves. Go be a POS elsewhere.
Gerald Tarrant
sorry meant proud*
Boats and Hose
AG
quote:
sorry meant proud*

It's not something we're proud of. But I can tell you we don't appreciate being told that we should be ashamed. I'd be willing to bet that if we were standing in front of you, you wouldn't say a damn word. I'm sick and tired of seeing you talk down to everyone here trying to kick this habit and become healthy. If you're not going to be encouraging and supportive, get the *****off this thread. We're all here to help and support each other while we fight this battle. It's helpful to see i'm not the only one going through this. And it's annoying and frustrating when *******s like you make these negative comments.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I also take everything EPC says seriously...always
Geralt of Rivia
S
I started dipping again today because he made me feel horrible***

***not really because I don't get my panties in a wad over nothing
coupland boy
AG
Agree with boats and hoes. If you have nothing to add here STFU!
GregZeppelin
AG
quote:
wad
Mmmm.....wad.....a big fat wad....

Geralt of Rivia
S
Lol
COOL LASER FALCON
Boats and hose... What an apparent waste of a great username
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
quote:
sorry meant proud*

It's not something we're proud of. But I can tell you we don't appreciate being told that we should be ashamed. I'd be willing to bet that if we were standing in front of you, you wouldn't say a damn word. I'm sick and tired of seeing you talk down to everyone here trying to kick this habit and become healthy. If you're not going to be encouraging and supportive, get the *****off this thread. We're all here to help and support each other while we fight this battle. It's helpful to see i'm not the only one going through this. And it's annoying and frustrating when *******s like you make these negative comments.
i was saying that i was proud of y'all quitting

but go ahead and keep yelling at nothing
haircut
AG
Well, I fell of the GD wagon today. The drive to the coast broke me. ****ty excuse, but here's my admission of guilt.
Helms96
AG
Get back on you can do it
Moy
Helms96 is no longer a Snuffie? Say it ain't so war pig..... I don't recall ever seeing you without a dip, in civvies, at school, in the field, etc.

My advice for quitting, don't go cold turkey. Ween yourself off by reducing nicotine potency. Cope to bandits, etc. That worked for me, and having a few kids helps also. 12 years clean, I think about it regularly, mostly due to the work environments I'm in. I relapse once a blue moon, but make sure I get good and sick with a plug of Days-O-Work so I don't go back for a good while.
Helms96
AG
quote:
Helms96 is no longer a Snuffie? Say it ain't so war pig..... I don't recall ever seeing you without a dip, in civvies, at school, in the field, etc.

My advice for quitting, don't go cold turkey. Ween yourself off by reducing nicotine potency. Cope to bandits, etc. That worked for me, and having a few kids helps also. 12 years clean, I think about it regularly, mostly due to the work environments I'm in. I relapse once a blue moon, but make sure I get good and sick with a plug of Days-O-Work so I don't go back for a good while.
Uh oh, who you be?
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
Goodbull_19
AG
Am I the only one that has used dip for years but never gotten addicted? I dip anywhere from 2-4 times a week but then can go without it for a week with no problems or cravings. During the hot work day in the summer I dipped almost every day but even after that I could stop with no problem. Is this unusual?
coupland boy
AG
I think so. But don't kid yourself either.
AgTDub
AG
quote:
Am I the only one that has used dip for years but never gotten addicted? I dip anywhere from 2-4 times a week but then can go without it for a week with no problems or cravings. During the hot work day in the summer I dipped almost every day but even after that I could stop with no problem. Is this unusual?
This is my experience as well. I dont think I'm not addicted, I think its maybe a less severe addiction. At my peak usage, I was about a can a week and many times I'd have to throw out the can because it would get too dry. Then I'd go weeks or months without it and had no headaches/dreams/cravings/irritability. I kind of think this is worse because I feel like its not a problem therefore have less inclination to quit permanently.

Line up and wait 18L
Cheetos
You may want to look into Grinds.....they are coffee pouches that you can use similar to smokeless tobacco. They come in different flavors. I have only found them online. Not bad....get a little pick me up with the caffeine.
EFE
AG
I'm currently on day 3 of a dry out.
rw1987
AG
I used Commit nicotine tablets when the cravings were the worst. Been off of it ten years now. Stay strong, you can do it. It does get better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.