Sharks at SPI?

11,277 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by B-1 83
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
chiken
AG
SHUT! UP!!!

Next thing you know you'll be telling me there are clouds in the sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
South Padre isn't particularly known for having sharks.
chiken
AG
quote:

UNTIL NOW!!!!!
tlh3842
AG
Does it have adjacent saltwater that connects to an ocean? Then it has sharks.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:

Since when? Ive seen sharks swimming in waves on several occasions and deep sea fishers come back with sharks all the time
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, I grew up going to SPI a lot and I never saw one. Saw dolphins and eels all the time, never sharks.
bigblackag12
AG
Whats the scale of that pic. That shark could be really small or pretty hefty depending
chiken
AG
B.E.S. - you suck at life.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Something bothering you today?
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
Well, I grew up going to SPI a lot and I never saw one. Saw dolphins and eels all the time, never sharks.

Thats the opposite for me. Me and my family used to go every year and i always remember seeing them swimming in breaking waves when i was little. And theyre always gutting some at the fishing docks so i never thought they were that uncommon there.
Tagguy
AG
quote:

Yes....yes it is.

The beach goers want to ignore it but BIG shark are there. Actually all up and down the coast of Texas there are TONS of shark. Hell up most of the rivers quite a ways you can find shark too.

Not sure why this is surprising to most people.

There are shark at EVERY beach in Texas. If you have been in the water for any length of time at the beach you probably have had one swim within 20 feet of you multiple times.
chiken
AG
quote:
Something bothering you today?

Not particularly. Thanks for asking, schnookums.
chiken
AG
quote:

There are shark at EVERY beach in Texas. If you have been in the water for any length of time at the beach you probably have had one swim within 20 feet of you multiple times.

I don't like thinking abooot this.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I bet 90+% of Texas beach go-ers would soil their swim trunks and never wet a toe in the Gulf if they had a clue how many sharks are usually patrolling just beyond the breakers.

Dolphins, like sharks, eat fish. The dolphins aren't there to play with the people.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why are you using shark as plural, like jedi?
The Shank Ag
Amazing Moves
You're going to need a bigger boat.
MouthBQ98
AG
Padre island national seashore hosts the biggest shore based shArk fishing tournament on the golf coast every year. The gulf surf in the summer has plenty of blacktip and sharpness sharks in it, but they couldn't care less about humans. Just don't look like a mullet and you will be ignored.
Post removed:
by user
gambochaman
AG
never getting in the water again
Teslag
AG
Pic looks like a bull shark. They actually will travel up quite a ways into freshwater rivers. They are also responsible for more attacks on humans than any other shark.
gambochaman
AG
thats it, i'm moving to north dakota
Holly Golightly
AG
This is why I prefer to swim in the Caribbean. There are no sharks there
Tagguy
AG
quote:
Padre island national seashore hosts the biggest shore based shArk fishing tournament on the golf coast every year. The gulf surf in the summer has plenty of blacktip and sharpness sharks in it, but they couldn't care less about humans. Just don't look like a mullet and you will be ignored.

Sharkathon

I'll be there again this year.

So many sharks that need hugging

welborn
I'm pleased and happy to repeat the news that we have, in fact, caught and killed a large predator that supposedly injured some bathers. But, as you see, it's a beautiful day, the beaches are open and people are having a wonderful time. Amity, as you know, means "friendship".
Tagguy
AG
quote:
Why are you using shark as plural, like jedi?

Damn good question. I have no clue why. I obviously have the dumb today because I do know better but am apparently too stupid to type it properly.
FIDO*98*
AG
quote:

Take a Cessna up and fly low along the beach. You'll see plenty swimming amongst the oblivious beach goers
Amazing Moves
quote:
quote:

Sharkathon

I'll be there again this year.

So many sharks that need hugging

That's not a real shark in the second picture.

/histag
Tagguy
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
This is why I prefer to swim in the Caribbean. There are no sharks there
I guess you've never seen that documentary called "Jaws: the Revenge"?
Hwy30East
quote:
quote:

Take a Cessna up and fly low along the beach. You'll see plenty swimming amongst the oblivious beach goers

I was going to post this, because I've done it a few times. You'll be thinking to yourself how those people really should get out of the water........ Then later on I'm chest deep in the surf trying to catch a stringer of trout, just knowing there's Sharks swimming all around me. Then it's confirmed when they leave nothing but trout heads on my stringer
EFE
AG
Nothing will make it look like you washed dishes in your britches quicker than something tugging on your stringer
Bismarck
AG
It's clearly a land shark. Check your peep holes folks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.