Taylor Jacob - Aggie Barrel Racer Needs Help

7,658 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
theagmax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy all.

Last night at Rodeo Houston there was a young lady Aggie named Taylor Jacob competing in the barrel racing. She has done well at the two performances that I've been to this week, but last night the PA announcer said she'd lost her house this week to a tragic fire.

There has been a gofundme fund set up thanks to mfbarnes82 on the Premium board. The link is below, and anything you all can do is appreciated. Donate to help her and her family, spread the word on FB, Twitter, etc.

Thank you all, and God bless Taylor and her family.

It has come about that the person that started the GoFundMe account may not be the most reliable of folks. Please refrain from making any further contributions until this can be all sorted out. Thank you.
UndergroundAg
It's a sad situation, however I don't know how I feel about this, I always assume a person's home and belongings are insured, no reason not to be. T&P hope it all works out.
SouthparkKenny
I'm sure they have insurance, the insurance companies always seem to find a way to come up short.

just made it across $2000.00

Good Bull

chipotle
quote:

antiqued
Furious George
AG
Fund is sitting at $5710 now, lots of good Ag's stepping up to help. I work with ome of her sibling and they are just amazed at how the Aggie family pulls together at times like these.
theagmax
AG
Thank Furious.

That's a great update, and I appreciate you sharing that with us.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
quote:

antiqued
And what was her ring doing at home?

Seriously though, T&P for their family. That sucks. At least no one was hurt.
CanyonAg77
AG
I'm going to stick my neck way out here.

Thanks to all the Aggies who care so deeply about each other and are so generous to others in need. I have no doubt that the girl mentioned in the OP could use your help.

That being said, the poster mfbarnes is currently being called out on two different threads for his lack of honesty.

http://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2608388/1

http://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2610710/1

Do what you wish, but I would suggest at least a short term hold on donations to that account. If you know the family, give money directly to them.

He could be 100% legitimate and honest in this matter. The things revealed in those threads casts some serious doubts, however.
theagmax
AG
All - it has come to my attention that Mr. Barnes may not be who he seems. Please refrain from any further contributions until we can verify his intentions with the monies in the fund. I'm planning on trying to speak to Taylor herself tonight at the rodeo, and hopefully she can shed some light on all this for us. If anyone knows her personally, please contact me directly.

Thank you.
GinaLinetti
AG
redd38
AG
This is why I never give money to strangers.
MasterAggie
AG
The OB has turned up a ton of awesome on this guy! Wow.
CanyonAg77
AG
Jacob is from Carmine, Texas. The creator of the GoFundMe account is from Montgomery, 70 miles away. He might know them, who knows.

If not, the light shed on the situation might persuade him to be 100% diligent about making sure the money goes where it is supposed to go.

And, theagmax, why don't you edit the top post. Losts of folks scan the first and don't read the follow-ups. Reading it, it looks like you still approve of the GoFundMe.

And as I said before, we have no proof it's not legitimate. We do have proof that the GoFundMe account creator is not trustworthy. Read the two links I mentioned earlier. It's just getting worse.
EFE
AG
She got big cans?
True Anomaly
AG
quote:
This is why I never give money to strangers.

Bingo
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
And as I said before, we have no proof it's not legitimate. We do have proof that the GoFundMe account creator is not trustworthy. Read the two links I mentioned earlier. It's just getting worse.
You also have proof of a motive to get money as he had a judgement for $538,000 levied against his company and him personally.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hey maybe the $30K is to make him feel better about hearing somebody's house burned down.
marble rye
AG
Back in my day, people donated things to people who had lost their homes to fire. And those people were greatful.

Moral of the story, pay for enough home ins coverage to go buy all new things yourself, or accept whatever charity people give you.

Not saying these people expected money but as stated above, people dont trust giving money to strangers. Seems like everyone is so quick to start collecting money over items.
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ho. Lee. Chit.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If this is fraud, he's doing time, no?

[Locking until we know more. - Staff]
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.