question for the parents

4,392 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by agracer
Talon2DSO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So my kid has developed a hilarious little babble that goes something like "bap bap bapatay" then she starts to giggle. This is in addition to "giigoo giigoo giigoo".

I've been wondering what makes a kid come up with their babble? Did any of your kids have unique babbles?
cisgenderedAggie
Your kid can hear you crankin it. That's what it sounds like to her.
Slicer97
AG
My kid started out quoting Aristotle and Socrates. T&P for your defective unit, dude.
Poptartin
The b's feel funny to babies when they figure them out.
staticdoor
aglaohfour
AG
For the longest time, my daughter would go to sleep and wake up babbling in a sing-song voice, "doo doo doo ya!" over and over. It was so silly and cute. Now she lies in bed and reviews every animal sound she knows at the top of her lungs and ocassionally quizzes herself on body parts. It's hysterical.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Just wait that babble will turn into "I hate you" before you know it. Parenting is fun.
Mr. White
OP's kid is 16.

Effing phones and video games.

T&P
Cancelled
AG
Sounds like Bill Cosby, you know, minus the rape.
B-1 83
AG
Bilingual babble
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
bap bap bapatay
Sounds like she caught autism from the vaccines.
itsyourboypookie
quote:
quote:
bap bap bapatay
Sounds like she caught autism from the vaccines.
Claude!
Bapatay sounds like a city in the hinterlands of India.
Aggies Revenge
AG
The past few nights my daughter has been talking loudly in her sleep. The night before last, she started to do it so I got up to check on her. She was yelling "NOOOo Gusssssss! Go Away, Gus, GO AWAY!"

I guess she was mad at her dog for something he did in her dream.

aTm2004
AG
My daughter will be 23 months in a couple of weeks and she's been saying "daby daby daaa, buzzy buzzy baaa" for a while. She normally stops what she's doing when I pull out my phone to take a video, but she actually kept going with this about 4 months ago, so I got a good 40 seconds of her doing this and other babble. But she's in that talking/babble stage now where you'll understand about 1 in 7 word attempts and actually be able to know what's she's talking about between that and her hand signals. I'm actually quite proud of myself for being able to figure out WTH she's saying given so little to go on.
B-1 83
AG
quote:
My daughter will be 23 months in a couple of weeks and she's been saying "daby daby daaa, buzzy buzzy baaa" for a while.
If she says that three time straight, Listeater will appear.
Talon2DSO
AG
quote:
My daughter will be 23 months in a couple of weeks and she's been saying "daby daby daaa, buzzy buzzy baaa" for a while. She normally stops what she's doing when I pull out my phone to take a video, but she actually kept going with this about 4 months ago, so I got a good 40 seconds of her doing this and other babble. But she's in that talking/babble stage now where you'll understand about 1 in 7 word attempts and actually be able to know what's she's talking about between that and her hand signals. I'm actually quite proud of myself for being able to figure out WTH she's saying given so little to go on.

That's about where my daughter is too. Its adorable to hear her try and have a conversation. Love it
Aggies Revenge
AG
Just wait. The vocabulary jump in the next few months is going to be massive. Mine is 28 months old and is constantly talking or singing, she picks up a couple of new words each day as well.
gambochaman
AG
she caught a case of the bill cosby

T&Ps
aTm2004
AG
I know and have already began watching my language around her. That should be an overall improvement for me.
WC87
AG
Babble babble babble >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frozen anything
cisgenderedAggie
quote:
Babble babble babble >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frozen anything
False. My daughter runs around all the time singing "Bor da first tine in falafel". Makes me laugh every time.
Talon2DSO
AG
Thankfully my daughter isn't into frozen or any other Disney princess. One of her favorite toys is a dump truck. She loves trucks, trains, fire trucks. She even sat down long enough to watch some golf and basketball with me
Human
AG
Is she starting to take a likin' to flannel?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Better make sure a pair of these find their way under the tree this Christmas.

gambochaman
AG
has she asked you for a subaru yet?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Talon2DSO
AG
Please. Just because my kid isn't a mindless little princess doesn't mean she isn't girlie. You can keep your little princess desperately waiting for a prince charming...while my kid will continue to be an independent and secure little girl. To each their own
Tomdoss92
AG
quote:
The past few nights my daughter has been talking loudly in her sleep. The night before last, she started to do it so I got up to check on her. She was yelling "NOOOo Gusssssss! Go Away, Gus, GO AWAY!"

I guess she was mad at her dog for something he did in her dream.

Sorry, she's cooking and didn't make the quota.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I find it interesting your rebuttal to stereotypical jokes is more stereotype.
Talon2DSO
AG
Oh I know
WindowLickerAg
AG
28 months, 23 months, etc. why can't you just say "a little over 2 years" or "almost 2 years"? At some point it seems like you'd lose count of months. I'm losing count of weeks over here and just say 2.5 months
agnerd
AG
Your kid's babbling is them copying you. They don't yet understand that each word has its own meaning. So they just make noises like they think you are doing. Same reason kids try to walk; they want to be like you.
agracer
AG
quote:
Just wait that babble will turn into "I hate you" before you know it. Parenting is fun.
this needs to be repeated
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.