Texas firefighter shoots 2 dogs on his property

32,843 Views | 299 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Thomas Sowell, PhD
Helms96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If those dogs were hanging around and harassing his show rabbits then they were for sure a threat to the rabbits. It doesn't take much for a caged rabbit to freak the eff out and die. A dog barking consistently at their cage or banging in to it will certainly do that. My daughter raised 2 pens of them for FFA a few years back and they are surprisingly fragile animals. Big money in that as well, so there could for sure be a financial impact, even if they didn't die. Raising them is expensive enough and it only takes one mark or bump on them to make them worthless for anything but meat and lucky rabbit's foot keychains.

I have no problem with someone defending their property against a couple of dogs that the owners obviously do not keep control of (especially if he has warned the owner to keep them off of his property and away from his rabbits.) The guy is a complete dumbass for posting it on social media though.

Shoot the dog, drag it off and let no one be the wiser. He brought this **** storm on himself by posting it.
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
marble rye
AG
Yeah, I see that point. Damning is the pic of dogs nowhere near any animals.
R A G O N K
marble rye
AG
And as an aside, it is insanely ironic how fragile rabbits are considering how violent their mating is.
Lungblood
Animals are now controlled. Problem solved. This guy is a problem solver. CJs bleeding little heart is another issue.
rwtxag83
AG
quote:
You cannot shoot dogs. Period. It's against the law.

What if they are your own dogs?
marble rye
AG
I. Ah-like. Dogs.

Don't care what you say.
Helms96
AG
quote:
And as an aside, it is insanely ironic how fragile rabbits are considering how violent their mating is.
They are very violent to each other when they are not mating, but when they are free range, they can run away.

When they are caged they really do freak out and their heart rate shoots up and some of them actually have a heart attack, but I agree it is pretty ironic.

Nothing wrong with a little slap and tickle and some biting and scratching IMO
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
marble rye
AG
Update: so the rabbit story was posted in the comments of the pic I posted above. That person was told to scram. A friend of the fireman tells a different story:

quote:
Family friend Kevin Forester said Conatser found the dogs inside his barn a couple of days earlier, while they were attacking his calf, and recognized them as belonging to his neighbor.

"So he went over to his neighbor's and told him that his dogs was getting in his barn and attacking his animals, to please ya know keep 'em at home, put 'em on a leash, build a fence, do something," recalled Forester.

The friend says Conatser told him the neighbor didn't care. We left messages with neighbors in the area, but haven't heard back.

quote:
Conatser is a volunteer firefighter with Union Valley. Union Valley Fire Chief Edward Ragsdale says Conatser realizes he made a mistake. "He says he apologized and he's guilty of posting this on Facebook. He's young and he recognizes what he did was wrong."

But the internet posting has resulted in the department receiving death threats from as far away as Europe. But Chief Ragsdale said all of the comments weren't bad. "We've had comments all the way from England, Portugal, Canada, a lot of them negative. I would say for every negative comment, I'd say we had five in our favor."

Conatser contacted Chief Ragsdale Wednesday and asked that he be removed from the department rotation for now, because of the threats.

So earlier the UVFD said he had been removed from the department per their policy.

If true, he acted within his rights, but odd that he isn't talking to the news unless an attorney told him not to.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/02/25/firefighter-social-media-post-of-dogs-shot-sparks-outrage/
shafter
AG
What kind of grown ass man has show rabbits?
B-1 83
AG
He forgot the three Ss - Shoot, shovel, and shut up.
Post removed:
by user
Tobias Funke
AG
Yeah, get some fecks, man. Come on
Helms96
AG
quote:
What kind of grown ass man has show rabbits?
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
Baby Billy
AG
I like to fight dogs until death
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
Here is the original post on FB:

He probably got cabin fever from being trapped inside by the snow storm.
cisgenderedAggie
quote:
Irresponsible pet owners are aholes, but imagine if these dogs' families have small kids
Life lesson. Perhaps those kids will learn to keep their dogs on a leash.
Human
AG
It's hard for me to care about any of this.
HossAg
AG
If that dude shot my dog in his yard over a ****ing bunny, you can consider that bunny rabbit dead.
cisgenderedAggie
If some dude killed my ****ing bunny because I shot his dog over my said bunny you can consider his house on fire.
Goose
AG
quote:
It's hard for me to care about any of this.

Yup.
HossAg
AG
God dammit I'd be coming for you taken style after that feller. You protected the wrong bunny.
cisgenderedAggie
And I'll be waiting for you Saw style, mother ****er. You'd be walking into the wrong sadistic *******'s house.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
But the internet posting has resulted in the department receiving death threats from as far away as Europe.

Lets see...bleeding heart gun fearing European vs. Texas man with a gun and itchy trigger finger. That should be interesting.
HossAg
AG
quote:
And I'll be waiting for you Saw style, mother ****er. You'd be walking into the wrong sadistic *******'s house.
Ragoo
AG
Wtf is a show rabbit?
Max06
AG
quote:
Have animal control get the dogs first

There's no animal control in my county. City shelter won't take animals from outside of the city limits.

Shoot, shovel, shut up.
03_Aggie
quote:
quote:
Have animal control get the dogs first

There's no animal control in my county. City shelter won't take animals from outside of the city limits.

Shoot, shovel, shut up.
Yea for cowardly acts.
insanediego
AG

Fetal attraction
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:

Shoot, shovel, shut up.

Coincidentally, this is also the advice Border Patrol gives to ranchers in South Texas.
HBCanine08
AG
Read somewhere he wasn't even letting the owner of the dogs come and get the bodies.
Tagguy
AG
quote:
Wtf is a show rabbit?

Expensive stew
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
Wtf is a show rabbit?
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:
Wtf is a show rabbit?

VaultingChemist
AG
quote:
Wtf is a show rabbit?
If you have ever been to a county livestock show, you will see lots of show rabbits. Besides chickens, they are the least expensive animals to raise.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.