Doctors? Please help diagnose...

2,594 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Sex Panther
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is probably a terrible idea, but I'm not having a lot of luck googling what's wrong with me... Plus I'm supposed to have Thanksgiving lunch with just me and my 95 year old grandfather and if it's something serious or contagious I don't want to expose him.

I woke up around 4 am, feeling very cold and shivering. This is strange because I'm at my parent's home and usually I have to sleep with no covers because I get so hot here. I brushed it off but it got worse very quickly. I had heartburn as well which is also strange for me... After 10 minutes or so, I got up to go get an extra blanket. While getting it I stopped to use the bathroom, and I started shivering so violently I became extremely concerned. This was not normal by any means, and something I've never experienced. I almost thought I was having a siezure.

FInally I got a blanket, and bundled up and after about 15 minutes I stopped shaking but still felt very cold, althought I'm pretty sure my body temp is extremely hot. I haven't been able to go back to sleep, and now my stomach is hurting but when I try to use the restroom nothing really happens.

Also, the girl I woke up next to is not nearly as hot as she was last night, so I'm pretty sure that's connected somehow.

I feel very weak and achy now, and have a slight headache. I don't know if I can make the game...

Does anyone have any idea what I may be looking at? It's probably no big deal but I'm very healthy and almost never get sick, and I was honestly scared while this was happening.

Thanks in advance, and forget I ever showed weakness...
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Have you been to West Africa recently?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sex Panther
AG
No, but I do live in Dallas. I'd be lying if I said it didn't just slightly cross my mind.
Goodfield Nohit
Take your temperature. If you're running fever, go to the doc.
reb,
AG
take a hot bath maybe?
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Honestly though, your symptoms could be due to a million different infectious causes, can't exactly help you with anything over the internet. If it gets bad enough, go seek medical attention.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sex Panther
AG
That's what I figured, just talked to my mom (I'm here alone and there's no way to take my temp). I'll try and get it figured out, and I'm sure it's no big deal.

Thanks a lot for the advice. Happy Thanksgiving.
Knife_Party
Sounds like AIDS.
Sex Panther
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.