14 Depressing things about your late 20s

5,489 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Original_NoOlives
G. hirsutum Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Was on full fellowship for graduate school. My wife had some loans that we got paid off about 3 years ago. #winning
My department was suuuuuper small. They accepted 6 MA students my year, but only provided funding for the PhD candidates. But congrats to you. That is awesome.
I have been very lucky indeed. No doubt about that. Not sure if I would have gone to grad school if I didn't get on fellowship. Has definitely paid off.
cisgenderedAggie
Cliff notes please. I don't feel like making the effort to read the article, or the thread.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Maybe it should be 14 depressing things for people in their late 20s with a liberal arts degree

Though I'm married, so he makes up for most of it lol

Then add 15. Getting pregnant to ensure I stay married so he can continue to provide for the lifestyle I don't want to work for
we can pickle that
quote:
Wtf is wrong with the OP?

Where do we start...
Gnome Sockinabout
quote:
Cliff notes please. I don't feel like making the effort to read the article, or the thread.

AggieBQ03
AG
quote:
quote:
Maybe it should be 14 depressing things for people in their late 20s with a liberal arts degree

Though I'm married, so he makes up for most of it lol

Then add 15. Getting pregnant to ensure I stay married so he can continue to provide for the lifestyle I don't want to work for

Yeah, since the Liberal Arts degree isn't working out its good you got that MRS degree as a backup.
marble rye
AG
Didn't read. Was "Acting a complete fool on message boards" or "Seeking validation from the internet" listed?
AggieBQ03
AG
I think "feeling urgent need to post replies about things you were too lazy to read" was on the list.
Natasha Romanoff
That was a dumb list. My life isn't perfect by any means, but I have a great job, great house, savings in the bank, and I do pretty much whatever I feel like.

I should spend less on random crap, and I'm still single (womp womp), but if I was unhappy with my life I wouldn't keep doing the same things. I love having the freedom to just say "screw it" and do something totally different if I feel like it. The beauty of no (school) debt or sex trophies.
Ogre09
AG
Cliff's Notes:

Broke
****ty job
No goals
Single
Boring
Tired
Fat
Nowhere feels like home
Move back in with parents
Jealous of people who have their **** together
Giving up on career for fun job
Drink too much
Miss college
Lament all of the above
SUPAGGIE
quote:
That was a dumb list. My life isn't perfect by any means, but I have a great job, great house, savings in the bank, and I do pretty much whatever I feel like.

I should spend less on random crap, and I'm still single (womp womp), but if I was unhappy with my life I wouldn't keep doing the same things. I love having the freedom to just say "screw it" and do something totally different if I feel like it. The beauty of no (school) debt or sex trophies.

What do you mean by sex trophies?
Natasha Romanoff
Do you even TexAgs?

Children.
FriendlyAg
22 and doing better than the author
B-1 83
AG
Whiney Millennials
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Broke - If you factor in loan debt, then technically yes. But I'm doing just fine.
****ty job - Nah, can't complain.
No goals - Check (no long term, at least)
Single - Check
Boring - Probably check
Tired - Probably check as well
Fat - Getting there
Nowhere feels like home - Somewhat check, though this is becoming less true every day
Move back in with parents - Check (Already did this, not happening again)
Jealous of people who have their **** together - Sometimes
Giving up on career for fun job - Not yet
Drink too much - Nope
Miss college - Not that much

I identify with a lot on that list, but I don't sit around feeling sorry for myself. Though 2 years ago was much different.
ac04
depressing list. get off your ass and do something about it.
80s Guy
quote:
depressing list. get off your ass and do something about it.
Yup. Drug companies and shrinks everywhere are licking their chops for the next couple of decades of little snowflakes needing therapy.
nomad2007
AG
That poor, poor author. What kind of society do we live in where you can't have everything you ever wanted with a liberal arts degree and a career in blogging?
SUPAGGIE
If only I could make a career out of my #instagram pics. Some of them are great. I would feel so #blessed.
True Anomaly
AG
quote:
That poor, poor author. What kind of society do we live in where you can't have everything you ever wanted with a liberal arts degree and a career in blogging?
Dr. Faustus
AG
None of this really applies to me, with the exception of the single part. Guess I'm THAT guy.
atag
AG
I find that the dating pool gets bigger. When I was in college I had a ridiculous amount of competition seeing as the majority of 20 year old girls are hot. Now I still look good but women my age are starting to get frumpy and fat. None of the stuff on this list applies for me.
nuRowdy
So is that why you cheated on your husband?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
That list is pathetic. Are all of you seriously big losers that didn't plan your career, can't make a budget, can't put down the fork, and can't put down the bottle?
onceaggie
AG
Atag cheated ?
TheMasterplan
Why are people bragging about owning a home?

Congrats on having a place to live. Most people have those.

Do people realize they're trying to justify they're doing ok in their late 20s by bragging about material things?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
Congrats on having a place to live. Most people have those.
owning a home is nice, but passive assets that generate good cash flow are even better.
we can pickle that
I will don't get why everyone thinks they need to own a home. Doesn't make financial (or even lifestyle) sense for everyone
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Especially if you live a gay lifestyle
In san francisco lol
Alan Pavio
AG
Most of the folks here saying they can't fathom this list are also stating they are married, which changes the whole scene, and potentially checks off several of the items on the list by default.

Also, can all of these lists be stopped. It's really gotten out of control.
Jackass2004
AG
This sounds like aging, worthless women problems list.
Chickenhawk
quote:
So is that why you cheated on your husband?

Kill shot. Damn, the very next reply too.
Ulrich
quote:

All this.

We should probably go out.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
That list is what happens when you put wireless in the kitchen.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Another depressing thing about your late 20s is that your grandparents are dead or close to it.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.